Road Glide banner

15941 - 15960 of 16002 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Went and explored more of Indiana yesterday and found an old abandoned railroad bridge cross 236 in North Salem. Gorgeous 75 degrees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
Installed ciro tour pac light strip. License plate frame and ugly ass turn signals are next. The ones I want are currently out of stock so I wait. Haven’t decided if I want fillers and bag blade lights or not. I’m leaning toward not. I think the license plate frame and light bar from ciro will be enough light back there.

63D3446B-EA16-4715-8EAE-22B48D0BA0F4.jpeg

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
What I did for fun this week: Added a custom painted CVO-style rear fender extension and taillights along with a new tank dash & gas cap on to my RGL.

The CVO tail piece is a knock-off from eBay (Plug 'n Play $117) and the tank dash/gas cap - also a knock-off - from Amazon ($27).

Painted by Twin Ridge Auto Body in Stamford, CT. Awesome job! Can't say enough about their work. They didn't have a color code; just put my side cover on their machine and 'matched' the paint (Paint &Labor $300).

View attachment 419956

View attachment 419957
Now the rear end looks complete! Nice job!

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,200 Posts
I took a few days off as I have a boat load of accrued time off to use or lose by the end of the year. I ripped off my entire exhaust system as my RB Racing is in the mail. I also pulled my boards and stripped the primary, working towards replacing my main bearing. A friend of mine, who used to run the Indie shop here, is on his way over with his main bushing remover tool. I also pulled the wheels and took them to another shop to swap on the new Bridgestones, discovered one of my ABS bearings is toast but I always have them in my parts bin.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Went and explored more of Indiana yesterday and found an old abandoned railroad bridge cross 236 in North Salem. Gorgeous 75 degrees!

I’m liken the back of that bike with just filler panel lights. I’m doing lights now and this gives me a whole new look to ponder.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I’m liken the back of that bike with just filler panel lights. I’m doing lights now and this gives me a whole new look to ponder.
Preciate that @freezeland ; !! It’s the Top Shop new style Minister 4.5” stretched fender with smoked LED lights. I couldnt be happier with how it turned out

·
Registered
282 Posts
Installed ciro tour pac light strip. License plate frame and ugly ass turn signals are next. The ones I want are currently out of stock so I wait. Haven’t decided if I want fillers and bag blade lights or not. I’m leaning toward not. I think the license plate frame and light bar from ciro will be enough light back there.

View attachment 420002
How was the install of that ciro tour Pak light strip?

·
Registered
542 Posts
How was the install of that ciro tour Pak light strip?

Very easy. I really like it. I have small issue though. About half inch on each end is wanting to lift off. I called and emailed Ciro about it. I only asked for ideas how to get it to adhere. I just got shipping info for a new strip. They said be very careful not to touch that tape. I didn’t ask for a replacement. They are just sending me one. That’s customer service. Was very surprised.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very easy. I really like it. I have small issue though. About half inch on each end is wanting to lift off. I called and emailed Ciro about it. I only asked for ideas how to get it to adhere. I just got shipping info for a new strip. They said be very careful not to touch that tape. I didn’t ask for a replacement. They are just sending me one. That’s customer service. Was very surprised.
Very nice. I’ve wanted something to add to the top of my king tour Pak, but I’ve got a rack on it and a wing with a light wouldn’t work. I like the look of that strip. Thanks @freezeland ;!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Very nice. I’ve wanted something to add to the top of my king tour Pak, but I’ve got a rack on it and a wing with a light wouldn’t work. I like the look of that strip. Thanks @freezeland ;!

I have faith it will be fine. I evidently dicked the install. I’ll be much more careful with installing the second one. It’s a piece of tape. What could go wrong? Lol.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have faith it will be fine. I evidently dicked the install. I’ll be much more careful with installing the second one. It’s a piece of tape. What could go wrong? Lol.
Hahaha I thought the same thing about my docking hardware. What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: freezeland

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Well, my Indie made it over to my place and we finally got my tranny out. That damn main bushing just didn't want to break free, ended up just cutting the damn thing. Good news - the tranny gears and legs are just fine, my trap door bearings gave up the ghost and I shut it down at the right time. So, no Grudge Box required but I am going to look into the Baker Trap Door and rebuild kit, I've heard lots of good things about them.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Glad you got it out. GL with the repairs.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
3,341 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
^ I sure do! Trying to get suspension sorted now - not sure if the Fox IFP-R are working as well as I’d hoped for. Definitely need to do something in the forks as well.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Just got off the phone with Baker. I ordered a bunch of their goodies to rebuild my transmission: their Cruise Drive Upgrade Bundle as well as their Transmission Rebuild kit. $1800 later, now I wait.....

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
873 Posts
Just got off the phone with Baker. I ordered a bunch of their goodies to rebuild my transmission: their Cruise Drive Upgrade Bundle as well as their Transmission Rebuild kit. $1800 later, now I wait.....
Going to feel like riding a new bike next spring (y) Good luck with all the repairs/maintenance.

15941 - 15960 of 16002 Posts