Road Glide banner

15961 - 15980 of 16002 Posts

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Just got off the phone with Baker. I ordered a bunch of their goodies to rebuild my transmission: their Cruise Drive Upgrade Bundle as well as their Transmission Rebuild kit. $1800 later, now I wait.....
Ian congrats on getting the parts for Your transmission from Baker. They sure do make some awesome parts.
I sure hope You got a Black Friday Deal too.
Like Ike said, come spring it’ll be like riding a new bike.
Keep Us posted on how it all works out and don’t forget, We like photos.
Best of Luck Bro.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,200 Posts
Ian congrats on getting the parts for Your transmission from Baker. They sure do make some awesome parts.
I sure hope You got a Black Friday Deal too.
Like Ike said, come spring it’ll be like riding a new bike.
Keep Us posted on how it all works out and don’t forget, We like photos.
Best of Luck Bro.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks bud. No Black Friday deals - like I posted in the other thread - it is only on select items. Nonetheless, I pound the miles and my Indie is showing me how to rebuild this in my own shop, so I figure I may as well build it up right this time around. Damn near replaced everything else thus far. lol

I also ordered some new glove box springs with my first time ever ordering from Denis Kirk.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not quite today, but last weekend. Took it for its first real ride, an easy 500 mile trip to the beach. Now have a better idea of what it needs for mods.
Pretty much just some jacked up suspension. Think inch or two front and inch or so rear.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Removed my tail light/turn signals preparing for my ciro tail light & plate holder to arrive tomorrow. What a PITA those bolts up in the fender are. The factory went overkill on the thread lock for those which didn’t make it any easier to get off.

Anyway, new light should be on tomorrow then off for a ride. 65 here tomorrow. Yesterday didn’t make it out of the 30’s.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Removed my tail light/turn signals preparing for my ciro tail light & plate holder to arrive tomorrow. What a PITA those bolts up in the fender are. The factory went overkill on the thread lock for those which didn’t make it any easier to get off.

Anyway, new light should be on tomorrow then off for a ride. 65 here tomorrow. Yesterday didn’t make it out of the 30’s.
You’re not kidding about the tail light bar. What a PIA lol.

Got the 1k service done yesterday. Today I installed the TAB slip ons I bought from MJsdouble, debadged the tank, and threw on the Mustang solo seat.

I'm loving this thing more and more each time I ride it!

Looking good Ryan

·
Registered
87 Posts

Makes me hesitant to remove these for the Custom Dynamics tail light setup I have been contemplating...

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Makes me hesitant to remove these for the Custom Dynamics tail light setup I have been contemplating...
It’s not hard, just not a lot of room under the fender for your hand and a wrench. I used a flex head wrench to give myself some extra room. On top of that it’s best to have another set of hands to hold the tail lights. I did mine solo but it could be easy to scratch the paint while disassembling. If you’re looking to remove the red reflector it’s a good time to put a curved plate on. If that’s in your plans of course.

Reactions: freezeland

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
It’s not hard, just not a lot of room under the fender for your hand and a wrench. I used a flex head wrench to give myself some extra room. On top of that it’s best to have another set of hands to hold the tail lights. I did mine solo but it could be easy to scratch the paint while disassembling. If you’re looking to remove the red reflector it’s a good time to put a curved plate on. If that’s in your plans of course.
Just a thought. Some painter's tape would come in real handy in that situation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I lifted mine. Took shocks off to let tire hang. Snapon makes a real nice 9/16 universal socket (not adapter) use that with a 1/4 extension you have plenty of room cross sides. It is heavy on the thread lock on those bolts for some reason but I got them out. Once one was loose I got the other one loose to mitigate the probability of scratching paint

·
Registered
542 Posts
I lifted mine. Took shocks off to let tire hang. Snapon makes a real nice 9/16 universal socket (not adapter) use that with a 1/4 extension you have plenty of room cross sides. It is heavy on the thread lock on those bolts for some reason but I got them out. Once one was loose I got the other one loose to mitigate the probability of scratching paint
I just finished installing the ciro light bar today. The nuts that secure both the OEM and ciro light bars are 1/2”, not 9/16”. My bike is a 2020 so maybe they are a different size.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just finished installing the ciro light bar today. The nuts that secure both the OEM and ciro light bars are 1/2”, not 9/16”. My bike is a 2020 so maybe they are a different size.
Mine may very well be 1/2 as well. It was a while ago I did mine. I have the set of the sockets I was referring to. Snap-on Store
Other companies sell them for a fraction of the price. I bought mine when I believed the snap-on guy. He said "you can buy anything you want from me. Just give me $10 a week....for the rest of your life"!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mine may very well be 1/2 as well. It was a while ago I did mine. I have the set of the sockets I was referring to. Snap-on Store
Other companies sell them for a fraction of the price. I bought mine when I believed the snap-on guy. He said "you can buy anything you want from me. Just give me $10 a week....for the rest of your life"!
I rubbed the skin off the back of my hands against the tire turning the ratchet, but I didn’t need to lift the bike and drop the tire. Lol. Cotton glove on the wrench hand probably would have helped.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I got to try out my new buffer, lol.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Yeah it’s a tight fit. Look at all the savings by doing your own mods. Good on you to get some cleaning done while you waited for your delivery.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks good but I think also adding the antenna plug lights (lights that plug the antenna hole - I think from CD) would look good too. You know you want to...

15961 - 15980 of 16002 Posts