Road Glide banner

16181 - 16200 of 16240 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts

This might help a bit. For me, they’re perfect. Not too straight, not too angled. A very natural position.
I test road a RG before I bought this one and the dealership has done bars, exhaust and wheels and they had used these same bars.
Lucky for me I got to test them first but they were exactly why I was looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 422260

This might help a bit. For me, they’re perfect. Not too straight, not too angled. A very natural position.
I test road a RG before I bought this one and the dealership has done bars, exhaust and wheels and they had used these same bars.
Lucky for me I got to test them first but they were exactly why I was looking for.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
First understand, its just an exhaust pipe. all that weld is doing is holding pipe bends together. The spacing is nice is some places, but welding inspectors don't look at the nice parts.....LOL,
They look at the starts and stops, tie-ins, undercut. etc. and on stainless you want the "rainbow" to be uniform along the edge of your cover pass. Took much heat (large blue area) and you burn the nickel out, too little (no color) and you have the chance of inclusion in your weld. These are fusion welds, which are butted together and one pass. It does look like there was material added to the pass. Where as, in breweries and food process, no added material is allowed. Stainless welding is a completely different beast, and then when you factor in the different grades of stainless, the procedure varies
I spent a total of 6 1/2 yrs at 3 Budweiser breweries, and Jim Dunkin, Budweisers head welding inspector would have alot to say about those. He traveled the country to all the large expansion jobs BUT we aren't talking about process piping.here
They are excellent for an exhaust pipe, and one I would proudly put on my scoot.
I will say, the welder should have turned the purge up a little to turn that concave to a convex pass
I agree with Bruce. Its an exhaust pipe on a bike, its not a hot pipe in a nuke.
If you look at the top weld, is that a little undercut? Not sure, my work computer screen isn't the best. Doesn't really matter in this application. If it doesn't crack like some of the V&H pipes Ive read complaints about its good to go. Ride the hell out of it

Reactions: Bruce00

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Got my new solo seat today, but ofcourse in getting the kitchen table out of the house and to the curb for trash day....I twisted my bad left knee. I forecast a Netflix and ice on da knee, for a few days......
Bummer cuz I think my azz will like it

·
Registered
278 Posts
Got my new solo seat today, but ofcourse in getting the kitchen table out of the house and to the curb for trash day....I twisted my bad left knee. I forecast a Netflix and ice on da knee, for a few days......
Bummer cuz I think my azz will like it View attachment 422279
Sorry about the knee man.... I just started watching Peaky Blinders ...if you’re binging Netflix check it out. Warning: will make you want to drink scotch, smoke, swear, fight and tell your friends to, “f**k off” when you want them to leave.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I had an Ultra Classic for 13 years. Got the Glide last June. I missed the convenience of the tour pack so I gave in and got the King tour Pack with the detachable mounting rack from Advanblack . Not sure if I like he looks of the bike with the pack installed. Maybe it will grow on me. I'll keep it installed full time until I can get a suitable storage place for the pack. Then I can just mount it when we go on a ride. Also need to relocate/hide or just remove the antenna. I never listen to the radio anyway.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sorry about the knee man.... I just started watching Peaky Blinders ...if you’re binging Netflix check it out. Warning: will make you want to drink scotch, smoke, swear, fight and tell your friends to, “f**k off” when you want them to leave.
LOL....I will check it out this afternoon

Quit drinking 4 yrs and 2 months ago
Started smoking cigars 4 yrs and 2 months ago
I got the mouth of a drunkin sailor
A 10 yr old could kick my ass with one hand tied behind his back, between the accident and old age......So fighting is a fleeting memory
Fuck Off has been in my vocabulary so long, people think its my middle name

:D

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Found a solution for my antenna. CravenSpeed makes a stubby and reasonable priced so I ordered one. It will at least fill the hole.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Found a solution for my antenna. CravenSpeed makes a stubby and reasonable priced so I ordered one. It will at least fill the hole.
I was going to say...I ordered one from Hogworks for like $10 a while back. I was thinking of doing the same thing with the tour pack and just removing it when my wife isn't riding.

·
Registered
791 Posts

Your local dealer probably has the filler plug to fill the hole after removing the antenna. Mine did. H-D also sells an antenna relocation kit.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,267 Posts
Looks great. You’re gonna love that mod. Like another rider in know says. “You’ll use it at least 2 times every time you ride”. Did you add the light ring?
Ya I am pretty pumped about this mod. Last season I parked in my enclosed trailer and it sucked getting off to open the door all the time.

No I didn't run power to it to have the light ring. My bike didn't have power ran to the cig lighter so It was going to be more work than it was worth to run power for just so show it off once or twice lol.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
@Ike Burns .. mine doesn’t light up either. Sure is clean though.

Reactions: Ike Burns
16181 - 16200 of 16240 Posts