Road Glide banner

16441 - 16460 of 16565 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Dealer called and Raquel is ready to go. I have no way to get there without my truck, and there is that snow storm starting at 6am tomorrow, so I'll have to wait a week to get her delivered.

After learning that the SE Auto tuning module is compatible with the Power Vision tuner thru Fuel Moto, I had that added to the bike.
I'll set the rings and then proceed to beat the ever loving shit out of her knowing I got full warranty coverage till Dec 1 2022. Hope I can wait till 12/2/22 for a new cam & pipe

·
Registered
210 Posts
Got my bike back.
I had the bars switched to 14” from 12” after my seat change and I am amazed at how perfectly this bike fits me now.
Seriously, amazed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I will take one tomorrow

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
did you get stage 1 or stage 2 grills? surdyke has the stage 1 for $27 or the stage 2 for $35 (that's per each). hornytoad i'm sure is cheaper. i know you've already bought yours, but someone else may be interested. i was actually interested myself, except after i saw the rf logo on them. that killed it for me.

i've paid more than i thought was reasonable for the metal hogtunes grills for my 2010, so i would say that a lot of us are 'crazy stupid' when it comes to a look that we like.
did you get stage 1 or stage 2 grills? surdyke has the stage 1 for $27 or the stage 2 for $35 (that's per each). hornytoad i'm sure is cheaper. i know you've already bought yours, but someone else may be interested. i was actually interested myself, except after i saw the rf logo on them. that killed it for me.

i've paid more than i thought was reasonable for the metal hogtunes grills for my 2010, so i would say that a lot of us are 'crazy stupid' when it comes to a look that we like.

View attachment 423930
I think/thought those stage grills are the ones with the tweeter mounted on the outside.
I wanted the grills with the HD emblem in brushed metal finish. I showed the parts Mgr a pic of them on my phone and he ordered them. I paid $42 a piece.....smh
When they come in I'll report the part number.
I usually buy my stuff thru Goldstar Harley and now HorneyToad, so Iam sure I could have bought them for less IF I had the part number

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
there are stage grills with the rockford fosgate grills as well.

stage 1:

stage 2:

if you look at the bottom of the grills, you can see a small area where it says 'rockford fosgate'. that right there is what is keeping me from buying these.

in the future, if you see something that you like, see if you can pull up the install directions. that will give you the part numbers if it is something that is available separately, outside the kit. that's where i got the part numbers that i posted up above in a prior post.

on the good side, i'm sure they'll look a ton better than your old ones.

Reactions: Bruce00

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

stage 1:

View attachment 423970

stage 2:

View attachment 423971

if you look at the bottom of the grills, you can see a small area where it says 'rockford fosgate'. that right there is what is keeping me from buying these.

in the future, if you see something that you like, see if you can pull up the install directions. that will give you the part numbers if it is something that is available separately, outside the kit. that's where i got the part numbers that i posted up above in a prior post.

My stock ones that came with my bike are just fine. Good job though on doing the leg work for these guys that want these new grills.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

stage 1:

View attachment 423970

stage 2:

View attachment 423971

I ordered the stage 2 then, I just hope the dealer ordered the ones I wanted. I went to the dealer to see if I could order just the grills, instead of the speaker/grill package. Yes I saw the RF logo at the bottom

Having the RF will bother me as much as having the 114 emblems on my 131. When Iam done with my factory stereo, I'll have those CVO folks with the RF system running back to the dealers, claiming "sumthings wrong" with their bikes.......:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Having the RF will bother me as much as having the 114 emblems on my 131. When Iam done with my factory stereo, I'll have those CVO folks with the RF system running back to the dealers, claiming "sumthings wrong" with their bikes.......:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

having a sleeper is one thing. but in my case it would be like having a 131 logo on my 114. i'm still running stock speakers. but i'm sure that they'll look great on your bike.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,576 Posts
I put those new rocker box tools to good use. Even though this was my second time doing this job, I still needed to look up every torque value and bolt procedure - usually more than once (more than twice actually) cuz I'm just blonde that way

·
Registered
434 Posts
The remote I used is a 12v remote, so I have soldered the wires onto the battery terminals and I will wire it to a hot wire under the fairing; it will never use a battery again.
I just ran the wires into the glove box and mounted the actual opener in there. If I need to change batteries, the remote is accessible. My remote runs off coin cell batteries so those aren’t 12v. Your way is a bit cleaner of an install though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
that's about i'll i've been doing the past few days. it's even too damn cold to do any work in the garage, and it's attached to the house!

16441 - 16460 of 16565 Posts