Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

16781 - 16800 of 16853 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Pulling a few chrome pieces of to have powder coated black...
If your not sure what you would like to powder coat, you can always plastic-coat the stuff. It holds up remarkably well, except where you would rub against it. I even sprayed my rear saddlebag guards and then used the gloss enhancer and it matched my powered coated gloss black front crash bar. When I traded the bike, I just peeled it right off

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
55 Posts
Polished it. 🤣

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Oh imam sure, that FN chrome kickstand that HD must have a surplus of, they black out a bike except that. Driving me crazy since day one! LOL
LOL, I know.....when the bike got delivered to the house, the driver pulled it up into my driveway. After he left, I was walking around and giving the paint a close going over......and when I got to the left side and my eyes dropped down to the gloss back primary.......
I said What da Fuk is that chrome kickstand doing on this bike!

I just haven't found the time to "fix" that issue

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Took Raquel to see how much she is putting out. I knew from others what to expect from the EPA fully warrantied kit,, but still had to know what she was doing!
Hp was a few ponies low and torque was right there with the Reinhart DBX40's
There is so much more in her.....
Stay "tuned", as parts are starting to arrive

·
Registered
183 Posts
Saw a sheet from a similar build as yours. He had V&H header and 4.5 open cans. He pulled 119 H and 131T. Your Reinhardt's probably helped run your torque up a bit.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Saw a sheet from a similar build as yours. He had V&H header and 4.5 open cans. He pulled 119 H and 131T. Your Reinhardt's probably helped run your torque up a bit.
The dyno guy/engine builder at the dealership I went to, which is a sister store to where I had kit installed, said the kit provided head pipe with the cat, was what was making the torque. I really have no idea, as this is my first M8 and I don't know what works and what doesn't. But I will find out, if my credit card holds up
I will say there are a BUNCH of 150-160hp bikes at this dealership, some even sitting on the sales floor. BUT Iam too old to have a D&D or Thunderheader barking in my ear all day. These Reinharts are acceptable to my needs, but they are being pulled for a 2>1 pipe and a Trask air filter with the SE tuner. I have the auto tuner that the guy says will work.
I'll put 500 miles and then go back for another pull to see what difference they make........

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Spent too much damn time reading this site. Called Lindsey and ordered a full set of Legend suspension, 13” adjust rear... Thanks.
while you're waiting for them to arrive (won't take long), do you have the 12mm long hex bit socket and 3/4 inch (19mm) hex bit socket? I ended up having to take them to the dealer for installation cause I couldn't find the tools in a timely enough manner. but with the forks off, install was reasonable.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
224 Posts
while you're waiting for them to arrive (won't take long), do you have the 12mm long hex bit socket and 3/4 inch (19mm) hex bit socket? I ended up having to take them to the dealer for installation cause I couldn't find the tools in a timely enough manner. but with the forks off, install was reasonable.
I’m solid on the 3/4... think I’m only good up to 10mm for deep. I’ll verify and get it taken care of.

Thanks bro. I appreciate the heads up

·
Registered
183 Posts
The dyno guy/engine builder at the dealership I went to, which is a sister store to where I had kit installed, said the kit provided head pipe with the cat, was what was making the torque. I really have no idea, as this is my first M8 and I don't know what works and what doesn't. But I will find out, if my credit card holds up
I will say there are a BUNCH of 150-160hp bikes at this dealership, some even sitting on the sales floor. BUT Iam too old to have a D&D or Thunderheader barking in my ear all day. These Reinharts are acceptable to my needs, but they are being pulled for a 2>1 pipe and a Trask air filter with the SE tuner. I have the auto tuner that the guy says will work.
I'll put 500 miles and then go back for another pull to see what difference they make........
Makes sense. Seems the possibilities are near endless. For now, I'll have to live vicariously through yours and others experimentation....(y)

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
224 Posts
if the standard12mm 2” deep will work I’m golden.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
if the standard12mm 2” deep will work I’m golden.
2'' may be just a tad short. i've heard 3'' is the magic number. i should have measured the distance when i had my forks off, but since i didn't have one, nor did anyone else, i just didn't think of it.

waiting to hear after you get yours in.

16781 - 16800 of 16853 Posts