Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

16801 - 16820 of 16874 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Spent too much damn time reading this site. Called Lindsey and ordered a full set of Legend suspension, 13” adjust rear... Thanks.
Back is easy, front a bit more specialized so I wussed out and had the dealer install the forks. You’re gonna love it. Takes a little for my front end to “break in” ride and handles so much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
226 Posts
Back is easy, front a bit more specialized so I wussed out and had the dealer install the forks. You’re gonna love it. Takes a little for my front end to “break in” ride and handles so much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Righton. I don't blame you, But i got time and done worse. Time is the key and this site has helped me out allot over the past years. Im looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
226 Posts
2'' may be just a tad short. i've heard 3'' is the magic number. i should have measured the distance when i had my forks off, but since i didn't have one, nor did anyone else, i just didn't think of it.

waiting to hear after you get yours in.
Righton. Unfortunately I have some time before install so the wait will be a few, unless I get free over the weekend. Ive had my annual road trip out west planned for a bit to Boise, AZ.. and what ever pops up. I wanted those in hand for when I get back. I'll be gone about a month .. ish... family. It use to be on the bike, then the spouse decided she didn't like watching the dog.
I'll see if i can order a 3" 12mm, online and have it on hand.

I have a few other things planned as well.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
809 Posts
Today I got the old Super Glide out for the first roll of the year. It fired right up and wanted for nothing but air in the tires. Gzotta love old Evo's

If someone would grind a cam to make an M8 sound like this, they would sell a shitload of cams.

Nice idle trot, usually from a shovelhead. I had a Andrews ev3 & 27 in my '93 FLHS, didn't sound even close as good as yours.

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
809 Posts
Got my KST Spearhead 12” bars installed. No issues at all super comfortable on my 50-mile test ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet! You should be able to dial them in perfect. That extra adjustment would be nice on the renegade bars on mine.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Good looking bars. I'll have to check them out.

Reactions: mhopton

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Nice idle trot, usually from a shovelhead. I had a Andrews ev3 & 27 in my '93 FLHS, didn't sound even close as good as yours.
Its an 80 inch. 10.5:1, ported heads, single fire, EV 5 cam with a CV carb and 3.73 final drive ratio. Not much by todays standards, but it was more than those old 110 CVO's wanted to mess with.

·
Registered
304 Posts
where to begin... Native Customs fat front tire kit, Wana-ryd Kinetic front wheel with matching rotors, fairing support swap from '09 to '10 version for fairing lowers that are still at paint, 1.5 DK tank lift so the stripe would still match the fairing, INNOVV K2 cycle cam system, and new front brake pads. some pics of the final product and some pics of the process along the way.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I made a stronger shift linkage for my TRX. Less than an hour worth of measuring and cutting, about a third of the cost of one of those store bought ones.

Just need to put a coat of paint on the tube. Prolly use Roll Bar Epoxy and cook it in the oven. But I was thinking I might cut another section of tube and send it to the chrome shop.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I made a stronger shift linkage for my TRX. Less than an hour worth of measuring and cutting, about a third of the cost of one of those store bought ones.

Just need to put a coat of paint on the tube. Prolly use Roll Bar Epoxy and cook it in the oven. But I was thinking I might cut another section of tube and send it to the chrome shop.

View attachment 425594
Super nice job. Looks very professional. Good custom work.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,760 Posts
fairing support swap from '09 to '10 version for fairing lowers that are still at paint.
Is this a simple swap of the large black support? Are there other parts required? I have been thinking of raising my 08 fairing to better match the paint lines after my tank lift.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
where to begin... Native Customs fat front tire kit, Wana-ryd Kinetic front wheel with matching rotors, fairing support swap from '09 to '10 version for fairing lowers that are still at paint, 1.5 DK tank lift so the stripe would still match the fairing, INNOVV K2 cycle cam system, and new front brake pads. some pics of the final product and some pics of the process along the way. View attachment 425580 View attachment 425581 View attachment 425582 View attachment 425583 View attachment 425584 View attachment 425585
Love that side view! Looks so long and lean.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Is this a simple swap of the large black support? Are there other parts required? I have been thinking of raising my 08 fairing to better match the paint lines after my tank lift.
not just the large one, but the 2 fairing supports as well.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
139 Posts
between lockdown, curfew and rain every weekend, have to order some new parts : nasi knockoff tank consle is on the way. I will see if these cheap abs one will do the job.

16801 - 16820 of 16874 Posts