Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

16921 - 16940 of 17050 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Spent all day yesterday at the Ride Like a Pro Advanced class. Man, it was tough. Learned a lot and am flat worn out still this morning. Probably dropped my bike a dozen times or so, which really sucks, but, that’s the place to do it. Everyone in the class did - even the instructor dropped his a couple of times. I guess I’d rather drop it learning than out on the road.

Highly recommend this kind of low speed, cone work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Took the class twice, its well spent money.
You don't realize how much work it's to throw a touring Harley around.....till the next day 😂 😂

Didn't drop mine either time, but there were drops aplenty

·
Registered
2020 Scorched Orange RG Limited
207 Posts
Took the class twice, its well spent money.
You don't realize how much work it's to throw a touring Harley around.....till the next day

Didn't drop mine either time, but there were drops aplenty
Wait. You took the 1st Level and 2nd Level/Advanced class and didn’t drop your bike at the Advanced class? I stayed upright in the beginner class no problem, but everyone dropped their bike in the Advanced class - even the instructor did once. We’re doing u-turns in an 18’ circle, etc. The advanced class was equivalent, supposedly, to a motor officer training course.

Not doubting you, but damn, you’re a hell of a rider!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Wait. You took the 1st Level and 2nd Level/Advanced class and didn’t drop your bike at the Advanced class? I stayed upright in the beginner class no problem, but everyone dropped their bike in the Advanced class - even the instructor did once. We’re doing u-turns in an 18’ circle, etc. The advanced class was equivalent, supposedly, to a motor officer training course.

Not doubting you, but damn, you’re a hell of a rider!

I consider myself lucky

When doing the figure 8, I got an uneasy feeling on the top loop.....and checked out thru the cones.
Was so pissed at myself, I pulled in the clutch while reving the motor and did a burnout just as the instructor was going to give me a high five.......I had to apologize to him----He laughed it off
I tried again and the top loop of the figure 8 was something that still kicking my ass

Our class was taught by one current motor officer and one retired

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Tore into the TRU for all the upgrades I've had laying around the shop. Its warm enough to run the TRX now, so the TRU can spend a little time in the spa.

Past that, Its not going well. Tore the forks apart for chrome legs and a cartridge upgrade, only to find that Harley does not include slider bushings with the kit anymore. Don't stock em either. Just seal and bushing kits at $35 a side. I'll save the $$$ and wait on some bushings.
View attachment 426216

View attachment 426217

Then I pulled the bars and swapped the electrical cables over to the new bars. Broke a pin latch in two of the connectors I de-pined, so now I'm held up on that for lack of $2's worth of connectors. At least I got the wires pulled.

View attachment 426218

View attachment 426220

View attachment 426221

Still have to pull the rocker boxes and see if I can find out why the rockers chatter so much. And I need to see why the comp is hammering at idle. It's had these issues since new. Harley says its normal, but its getting worse as the miles pile up.
Everytime I even touch a connector it breaks....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Wasn't a Road Glide, but something I believe, some will find funny......

My friend Nancy called last night and asked where the fuse to her heated gear was, as it blew when her jacket died. She was adamant that it was in her side cover. I explained the fuses under the side cover where factory installed to protect her bike and not add ons. But she told me, she has replaced a fuse for heated gear before and it was under the side cover and it was on her CVO. The dealer installed the pigtail when she bought the bike. I told her I would come over today and replace it for her.
Between last night and when I got to her house, someone must have told her it was under the seat. When I got there she was trying to take the gas tank off, but thankfully she couldn't break loose one of the rear tank bolts.....LOL
So as Iam unhooking the ECU and unplugging the rear lightning plugs to get to the battery cover, she asks.......

How did your bike get so fast? She told me she was wide open and I was pulling away from her.
I said, remember when you use to ride next to me, waiting for my poor little 103 to crack the throttle, and you would jump on me with that CVO 117? I knew you were just hanging at my rear tire waiting.....

She gets a shit eating grin on her face, with her head cocked to one side...Like a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar

Then I said, Paybacks are a Motherfucker, its a 131!!!
Took 30 minutes to replace the fuse, because I was laughing so hard all afternoon

Maybe its not funny to read, but I was cracking up by the look on her face😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,543 Posts
Wasn't a Road Glide, but something I believe, some will find funny......

My friend Nancy called last night and asked where the fuse to her heated gear was, as it blew when her jacket died. She was adamant that it was in her side cover. I explained the fuses under the side cover where factory installed to protect her bike and not add ons. But she told me, she has replaced a fuse for heated gear before and it was under the side cover and it was on her CVO. The dealer installed the pigtail when she bought the bike. I told her I would come over today and replace it for her.
Between last night and when I got to her house, someone must have told her it was under the seat. When I got there she was trying to take the gas tank off, but thankfully she couldn't break loose one of the rear tank bolts.....LOL
So as Iam unhooking the ECU and unplugging the rear lightning plugs to get to the battery cover, she asks.......

How did your bike get so fast? She told me she was wide open and I was pulling away from her.
I said, remember when you use to ride next to me, waiting for my poor little 103 to crack the throttle, and you would jump on me with that CVO 117? I knew you were just hanging at my rear tire waiting.....

She gets a shit eating grin on her face, with her head cocked to one side...Like a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar

Then I said, Paybacks are a Motherfucker, its a 131!!!
Took 30 minutes to replace the fuse, because I was laughing so hard all afternoon

Maybe its not funny to read, but I was cracking up by the look on her face😂😂😂😂
Love it Bruce. Does she know why your stereo sounds better than hers yet 🤣

·
Registered
725 Posts
Changed/bled clutch fluid the other day and changed/bled rear brakes tonight. Still got the fronts to do, but the bike is on the lift table so I can’t turn the wheel to straighten up the front master. Gonna do the fronts tomorrow or another day. Then just gotta wash it and It’s ready to go for the season.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,874 Posts
My new Aquatic stereo showed up yesterday and then today the 3 remaining Koso 2" gauges showed up, so off came the fairing and out goes that old deck and gauges. The manual for the Aquatic is rather lacking in detail; I would have thought I should turn off the internal amp as I have my own, but if I use that 'off' setting, I get barely any sound. Anyways, my stereo came alive on this deck over my OE deck that Iron Cross added RCAs onto. I'm liking it.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
My new Aquatic stereo showed up yesterday and then today the 3 remaining Koso 2" gauges showed up, so off came the fairing and out goes that old deck and gauges. The manual for the Aquatic is rather lacking in detail; I would have thought I should turn off the internal amp as I have my own, but if I use that 'off' setting, I get barely any sound. Anyways, my stereo came alive on this deck over my OE deck that Iron Cross added RCAs onto. I'm liking it.

View attachment 426322
Those guages are sharp!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Those guages are sharp!
Damit Bruce. By the time I finished reading Ian's post I was so fixated on the stereo that I don't need and forgot about the sweet gauges. Thought I dodged a bullet, then you have to go and mention the gauges. Now I am looking at replacing my perfectly good gauges :mad:

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,874 Posts
Damit Bruce. By the time I finished reading Ian's post I was so fixated on the stereo that I don't need and forgot about the sweet gauges. Thought I dodged a bullet, then you have to go and mention the gauges. Now I am looking at replacing my perfectly good gauges :mad:
I already had the one Koso oil temp gauge and debated going all Dakota Digital, but DD gauges are sold out in Canada and might get stock in June. Even Koso direct was out of stock of the voltage gauge, so I bought these from Fortnine. I actually like the needles for my tach and speedo, so I am leaving it at just these for digital gauges.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I already had the one Koso oil temp gauge and debated going all Dakota Digital, but DD gauges are sold out in Canada and might get stock in June. Even Koso direct was out of stock of the voltage gauge, so I bought these from Fortnine. I actually like the needles for my tach and speedo, so I am leaving it at just these for digital gauges.
Ya I have been thinking some red gauges would look great on my bike lol lot of money to spend on mostly just a personal preference. I know there are a couple other goodies you get with the digital gauges and if they came with TPMS it would probably be higher on the list. But next winters mods is going to be cam upgrade. Then maybe the Koso or DD gauges.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Welcome to my world.......Replacing perfectly good things with other things 😂

I shouldn't/couldn't/wouldn't replace my 6 month old gauges that work perfectly fine, except.........

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
@Zedbra .. that’s a great looking stereo and of course the digital gauges look awesome.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
434 Posts
Went to PCB rally and had the Soundz guys install amp, replace stock 4 speakers and add 2 in the lowers. Went with the Iron series. Just about got them broke in. Very happy with the install and the sound. Also no humming if off or low volume. (Didn't expect any as that would be unacceptable)

16921 - 16940 of 17050 Posts