Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

16941 - 16960 of 17050 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Went to PCB rally and had the Soundz guys install amp, replace stock 4 speakers and add 2 in the lowers. Went with the Iron series. Just about got them broke in. Very happy with the install and the sound. Also no humming if off or low volume. (Didn't expect any as that would be unacceptable)
I'm definitely happy with my Soundz set up. Did you get the DSP?

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Went to PCB rally and had the Soundz guys install amp, replace stock 4 speakers and add 2 in the lowers. Went with the Iron series. Just about got them broke in. Very happy with the install and the sound. Also no humming if off or low volume. (Didn't expect any as that would be unacceptable)
All that for the low price of a second mortage. LOL

I read their systems sound great though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm definitely happy with my Soundz set up. Did you get the DSP?
Absolutely A gentle man showed up that had the system without DSP. They slid him in and installed the DSP. He told me after the install was done that it was a huge difference He might have said night and day.

·
Registered
434 Posts
All that for the low price of a second mortage. LOL

I read their systems sound great though.
They do sound pretty good. I went with the iron series. Plenty of bottom on the highway. I guess they are high. They were lower than other vendors that I checked with so that helped my decision. Very clean install.

·
Registered
2020 Scorched Orange Road Glide Limited
33 Posts
Ordered Legend Revo A’s and a stage II torque cam (staying warranty compliant for the time being)!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Absolutely A gentle man showed up that had the system without DSP. They slid him in and installed the DSP. He told me after the install was done that it was a huge difference He might have said night and day.
I have the dsp ordered, i opted for the system without it then my coworker got the system with the dsp and i could definitely tell difference.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Still waiting on parts to put the TRU back together. Pulled the rocker covers to see why there is so much rocker chatter. It all looked good except for the end play on the rockers. .060 on the worst one. Tightest one is .020. Speck is .025 out to something like .620. Or basically the MoCo doesn't care. And I have no idea of how to shim them with out machining some caps the make the supports full compliance, so as to support the shims. I guess I puts some studs in the shafts and turn the radio up.

Opened the primary to check on the comp noise, comp looks fine. But the witness marks are running all the way up the ramps, so its prolly got a short spring stack. Still on the fence as to just shimming it or going with a Dark Horse.

Fork bushings came in and the forks are ready to go back on. I'll do them after I get the motor close up.
Youens have seen enough videos on fork work. One thing I will note is that if you go with Progressive, the fork spring is real cocky. They have a little jack screw built into the cap to help, but starting the cap is still a chore. Fork spring compressor is worth what it costs on these.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Been flipping back and forth between the AIM Lightforce or the Muller slave cylinder to get a "friction zone" on this hydraulic clutch. Just sick of the engagement point out at the end...
Anyway, thru reading reviews, I stumbled upon the Softbrake levers. Great reviews and less than half the price point.
Installed them this morning and went out for a ride. Engagement point now is 1/4" off the handlebar and as crazy as this may sound....the pull feels less. Probably because your not at the end of the lever swing for engagement. Plus now I have a friction zone instead of a on-off switch for a clutch! Plus the reformed levers look stock and no one would know they are different unless you told them.
Iam a very happy camper.

While out this morning, I thought I would swing by and see Carlos over at NVS, as Iam thinking about something else to throw at Nancy😂
The sky was real dark in the direction I needed to go, so said, I'll just head home.
Sitting at a light, I look in the mirror and those black clouds are right over my head.
I get in the driveway just as all hell breaks loose, with rain, lightning and hail.

It was a good day👍

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Been flipping back and forth between the AIM Lightforce or the Muller slave cylinder to get a "friction zone" on this hydraulic clutch. Just sick of the engagement point out at the end...
Anyway, thru reading reviews, I stumbled upon the Softbrake levers. Great reviews and less than half the price point.
Installed them this morning and went out for a ride. Engagement point now is 1/4" off the handlebar and as crazy as this may sound....the pull feels less. Probably because your not at the end of the lever swing for engagement. Plus now I have a friction zone instead of a on-off switch for a clutch! Plus the reformed levers look stock and no one would know they are different unless you told them.
Iam a very happy camper.
View attachment 426384
While out this morning, I thought I would swing by and see Carlos over at NVS, as Iam thinking about something else to throw at Nancy😂
The sky was real dark in the direction I needed to go, so said, I'll just head home.
Sitting at a light, I look in the mirror and those black clouds are right over my head.
I get in the driveway just as all hell breaks loose, with rain, lightning and hail.

It was a good day👍
View attachment 426383

How many miles you have on that clutch? I’m at 8000 here and don’t have that on/off clutch feeling with all my stock components. I started feeling a more traditional friction zone after about 4 to 5 thousand miles of break in. Glad you beat the weather. Getting pinged with hail ain’t fun.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
How many miles you have on that clutch? I’m at 8000 here and don’t have that on/off clutch feeling with all my stock components. I started feeling a more traditional friction zone after about 4 to 5 thousand miles of break in. Glad you beat the weather. Getting pinged with hail ain’t fun.
Only 3200 on bike and as funny as it sounds, after riding the bike for 3 days in a row, I don't seem to have any issues with the clutch.
But the first engagement out of the driveway is always interesting. If I haven't ridden the bike in a couple days, all bets are off
Now, the clutch reacts exactly like a cable adjusted clutch......or atleast what "I think" I remember a clutch feeling like

·
Registered
199 Posts
First ride on my new Pro Action front end!! So smooth. Previously sharp bumps or sections of corners that totally confused the stock front end were very manageable. And confidence in slow speed maneuvers is greatly increased. Very happy, for the all in parts and install price of just the cartridges alone of several other front suspension options....!!

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Limited
19 Posts
Iam a very happy camper.
View attachment 426384

It was a good day👍
View attachment 426383
I have relatively small hands. That clutch lever was one of the first things I bought for mine...and what a difference it makes! It’s now much easier to control the bike. The 3 minutes it takes to install the lever was definitely worth it.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,873 Posts
Today I heli-coiled a stripped derby cover hole, swapped the fluid in there obviously, then wired up my old oil temp sensor because the Koso design of replacing my oil drain plug is silly, and then mounted my fairing after giving the stripped holes the JB Weld treatment the last few days. Ready to ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
First ride on my new Pro Action front end!! So smooth. Previously sharp bumps or sections of corners that totally confused the stock front end were very manageable. And confidence in slow speed maneuvers is greatly increased. Very happy, for the all in parts and install price of just the cartridges alone of several other front suspension options....!!
I can’t believe how bad the front feels after upgrading the rear. This is my next upgrade.

16941 - 16960 of 17050 Posts