Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

16961 - 16980 of 17050 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I can’t believe how bad the front feels after upgrading the rear. This is my next upgrade.
I thought I was ok with the stock front end after putting Super Shox on the rear. Then I replaced the rubber riser bushings with poly ones and everything changed. I was feeling all the bumps again..... Not now :)

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
a little while ago, i got to thinking that i didn't care for that cheap little plastic cover over the oil cooler. liked the look of the hd chin spoiler, but didn't care for the price. kept watching to see if the chicom guys would come out with a takeoff. after about a year, no such luck. so sprung for the hd one when i bought a large order from hornytoad. had a couple hundred in chrome cash so didn't sting quite so much. parts come in, i'm in rotation working 12 hr shifts, 7 days a week, but this looks like a pretty quick and easy install (hah!). dumbass me didn't fully read the description on the hd site, especially the part where it says, 'fits all touring except for those with fairing lowers....'. aaaahhh.... sure enough, it isn't gonna fit. because of work, i don't have time to futz with it now, so i put it away for the time being. works over, i'm on break, so i figure now i can mess with it. i figure that i'm gonna have to trim a little off the side to get it to fit so i gather up all my tools and start. first thing in do is to put a couple of pieces of painters tape on the frame where it looks like the lowers and spoiler are going to interfere with each other. then take off the lowers, install the spoiler, then after looking at it for a bit, it seems like i can fit my lowers back on without trimming anything. so that's what i do. now, i realize that if i need to take it off, i'm gonna have to take the lowers off as well, but that isn't too difficult to do.

i like the look of it, its a little more 'finished' than just that cheesy plastic cover with a big hole in it.

i also had the jiffy stand for the wife's bike powder coated gloss black. seemed dumb to me to have a blacked out bike with a chrome jiffy stand. and since the wife was working the same schedule as me, it was the perfect time to have that done. i think it turned out great. (yeah, i know we need a cover for the exposed part of the splined shaft, haven't got there yet. i want to get one that mounts on the inside to move the shifter lever out from the bike)

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
855 Posts
Got caught up on yard work today, so we rode a complete loop around Chautauqua Lake, NY this afternoon and stopped for dinner. Great weather for a 150mi ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,874 Posts
Had an early morning ride with one friend; headed south and though it was warm and sunny in our town, we froze our tits off in long shirts and vests. Nonetheless, two hours later when we return, I go to another bud's house and he wants to go for a rip. I only agreed if we headed north into the sun, cuz my tits were still fragile, and the riding was great - minimal traffic, minimal popo, we headed north for an hour, then home, then south again for a bevvy. Spent 9:30 till 3:00pm with various friends, carving up mountainous roads in moderate spring sunshine and clouds - perfect

·
Registered
2013 Road Glide Ultra FLTRU
263 Posts
Removed the tour pack, reinstalled the sissy bar and relocated my tour pack speakers to the inner part of the fairing. Highly recommend because this thing is loud now and can hear my music clear on highway with helmet. Also I added the usb plug through the glove box so I can charge my phone and listen to stored music. I plan on removing the cigarette lighter and doing the garage opened mod
551094CA-0955-4B66-9763-41BA55C58DCA.jpeg

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Did a 290+ mile trip sunday with a stop at Cabellas in Hamburg Pa. Get back on the bike, after walking thru the store for 45 minutes. Leaving Cabella's, as I pull up to the light, I notice its hard to get my foot off the board to come to a stop. I look down there is wad of bubble gum on my floorboard.......and Iam pretty sure it wasn't on my boot when I got on the bike.
By the time I get home the gum is spread completely everywhere Brake cleaner, gas, putty knife and a thin blade screwdriver along with a bunch of mutherfuks, the left floorboard is clean.
So monday I go to give Raquel a bath and I see my front fender is scratched like a motherfucker, not rock chips, but deep scratches thru the paint.
If something had hit the fender to do that damage while riding, I certainly would have been aware of it......

Guess a motorcycle you ride, can't stay new forever

Reactions: Bevis

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
a little while ago, i got to thinking that i didn't care for that cheap little plastic cover over the oil cooler. liked the look of the hd chin spoiler, but didn't care for the price. kept watching to see if the chicom guys would come out with a takeoff. after about a year, no such luck. so sprung for the hd one when i bought a large order from hornytoad. had a couple hundred in chrome cash so didn't sting quite so much. parts come in, i'm in rotation working 12 hr shifts, 7 days a week, but this looks like a pretty quick and easy install (hah!). dumbass me didn't fully read the description on the hd site, especially the part where it says, 'fits all touring except for those with fairing lowers....'. aaaahhh.... sure enough, it isn't gonna fit. because of work, i don't have time to futz with it now, so i put it away for the time being. works over, i'm on break, so i figure now i can mess with it. i figure that i'm gonna have to trim a little off the side to get it to fit so i gather up all my tools and start. first thing in do is to put a couple of pieces of painters tape on the frame where it looks like the lowers and spoiler are going to interfere with each other. then take off the lowers, install the spoiler, then after looking at it for a bit, it seems like i can fit my lowers back on without trimming anything. so that's what i do. now, i realize that if i need to take it off, i'm gonna have to take the lowers off as well, but that isn't too difficult to do.

i like the look of it, its a little more 'finished' than just that cheesy plastic cover with a big hole in it.

i also had the jiffy stand for the wife's bike powder coated gloss black. seemed dumb to me to have a blacked out bike with a chrome jiffy stand. and since the wife was working the same schedule as me, it was the perfect time to have that done. i think it turned out great. (yeah, i know we need a cover for the exposed part of the splined shaft, haven't got there yet. i want to get one that mounts on the inside to move the shifter lever out from the bike)

View attachment 426438

View attachment 426439
That chin spoiler looks great!
I too think that the oil cooler setup looks cheap and unfinished, adding the chin spoiler really fixes that!

I just shake my head everytime I walk past mine on the lift, and see that chrome kickstand. Fuking Harley😂

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Did a 290+ mile trip sunday with a stop at Cabellas in Hamburg Pa. Get back on the bike, after walking thru the store for 45 minutes. Leaving Cabella's, as I pull up to the light, I notice its hard to get my foot off the board to come to a stop. I look down there is wad of bubble gum on my floorboard.......and Iam pretty sure it wasn't on my boot when I got on the bike.
By the time I get home the gum is spread completely everywhere Brake cleaner, gas, putty knife and a thin blade screwdriver along with a bunch of mutherfuks, the left floorboard is clean.
So monday I go to give Raquel a bath and I see my front fender is scratched like a motherfucker, not rock chips, but deep scratches thru the paint.
If something had hit the fender to do that damage while riding, I certainly would have been aware of it......

You thinking someone fucked with the bike? Cabellas might have security video.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
that's a serious bummer that someone has to be so base to mess with someone else's stuff. that's why my wife and i always say, 'ifhp' (i fuckin hate people)

Reactions: Bruce00

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Been catching up on all the differed upgrades and things that needed checking on the 19 TRU.

Put the chrome fork legs on with the Progressive cartridge kit. They have only been laying around here for a year.

But in the end, this is what the legs should look like on a scooter that is a "Premier Premium Product" or what ever it was that German said they were building.

Inspected the rockers and found everything in order. Just a real sloppy end fit in the heads. I went ahead and secured them with studs, and used exact fit pushrods.
I must say that getting the covers off is a PITA on a wet twin cam.

Next up is installing the new bars. Then a rear stabilizer strut. And still waiting on the new comp to show up.

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
855 Posts

That sucks, hopefully you stepped in the gum after you pulled away and not done deliberately by someone. Now also finding scratches in the fender would be nail spitting time. Hopefully some scratch-x will rub them out.

As for Cabela's, now that's a man cave shopping dream. Been to that particular location many times over the years. I've noticed it's not as good since Bass Pro took over, no bargain cave anymore.

Reactions: Oclaf and Bruce00

·
Registered
300 Posts

That's a bummer about your fender. And the gum is a giant PITA. At least you're out there enjoying your bike though. Hamburg is right next to where I grew up too - small world.

I have a brand new take off Zephyr Blue front fender if you're interested. Just have to remove the limited badges, which are the stick on type.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,543 Posts
That's a bummer about your fender. And the gum is a giant PITA. At least you're out there enjoying your bike though. Hamburg is right next to where I grew up too - small world.

I have a brand new take off Zephyr Blue front fender if you're interested. Just have to remove the limited badges, which are the stick on type.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
@Bruce00 This could be a great option. OR you can take this opportunity to go with a fatty front and a wrapped fender 🤔
Just trying to help 😁

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Put a rear stabilizer link on this evening. One of Alloy Arts pieces. Had to drill out the expanded nut Harley installs for the mid frame heat shields, but other than that, easy install. I'll have to decide what I'm going to do the the front link before I can finish adjusting this one.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Iam over the scratches on the fender, as Iam sure the "up coming rock chips" will soon make scratches past tense. Native Fat tire kit maybe sooner than I planned.
But no doubt they done by a person and not road debris......It's the world we live in

I've never stepped on gum and not realized it right away (dog crap different story 😂)I have a habit of not looking down at the kickstand when I flip it up....guess I should start, as I would have seen the floor board

16961 - 16980 of 17050 Posts