Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

17161 - 17180 of 17218 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Spent half a tank of gas looking for a damned tool cause i didn’t read Skratch’s post in throughly... thought he said socket... they have it in a socket, also about 1/4 inch short.... fuc....

Good news is all parts are in for cam/intake/header.

Amazon prime.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Can’t find a 12 mm Allen key. They can order it of course. I ordered a driver set.
Amazon has 17mm allen drivers. You can also buy a metric bolt and nut with a 17mm head. Put the nut on with a flat washer, then lock it in place with a little weld bead.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Amazon has 17mm allen drivers. You can also buy a metric bolt and nut with a 17mm head. Put the nut on with a flat washer, then lock it in place with a little weld bead.
Righton. I got that part covered. Had it in my hardware drawer.
Thanks for looking out.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I finally put in a new transmission main drive bearing. Not to bad a job but time consuming and messy as hell. Should be done tomorrow. I hope everything works out, never messed with a transmission before but so far so good, i've got my fingers crossed.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,005 Posts
I finally put in a new transmission main drive bearing. Not to bad a job but time consuming and messy as hell. Should be done tomorrow. I hope everything works out, never messed with a transmission before but so far so good, i've got my fingers crossed.
I just did this job through the winter, so I know the amount of work you are going through. Not difficult, just a whole bunch of things you need to remove to get to it. Then you have to put it all back together all over again.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
The Wife and I took em for an afternoon rip to the Canyons after work.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Looks like a great time Kenny. What did you guys ever do with Her tricked out SG?

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Looks like a great time Kenny. What did you guys ever do with Her tricked out SG?

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.
We traded it in and bought Bills RG. Long story but it was a 3 bike deal. You know how much she liked that bike. She wanted to buy Bills bike and sell hers privately. I didn’t want the headache of tire kickers so I persuaded her otherwise. It would’ve been hard to move a 07 SG for what she wanted LOL. We got fair value on the trade in and everyone is now happy.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Great Photos Kenny!
I bet You and Karen had a really nice day of riding.
Thanks for sharing with Us.
Mike U.
Thanks Mike. Karen and I had a really good ride. She hasn’t ridden much at all the last couple years. One of the Grandson’s stays with us most wknds. I think she forgot what it was like to get out of the City lol. Really no excuse to not ride in the afternoon and evenings this time of year. Hopefully she gets more riding in this year.

Reactions: Bruce00 and Mike U

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Enjoyable time and great pics can't beat it see you in a few weeks

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I took the Man O War (Dark Horse) comp out of my 19 and put the oem comp back in with a tool steel ramp. Seems to have cured all my issues.

I noticed that small spring in the oem stack had been running fully compressed enough to buff the finish all the way across the spring surface. So I got a second spring out of the junk bin and doubled up on it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I finished installing my transmission main drive bearing and got everything back together. So far everything is good to go. Me and my riding bud are going for a good ride in the morning. Hope i don't get stranded somewhere in the boonies. I'm glad to be finished with all that to, my back took a beating. I just wanted to say that they have replaced that double main bearing with a single row of bigger bearings. Seems like a better replacement part, we'll see.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Installed the new eBay wings. They’re HUUUUGE. Find out tomorrow how well they work, or if they rattle. I wonder how long til I get annoyed that they don’t match the windshield. 🙄 They’ll probably do a good job of keeping my knees warmer in winter. They came with new hardware (allen bolts and washers) but I used the original bolts with the washers.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
17161 - 17180 of 17218 Posts