Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
17681 - 17700 of 17814 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,565 Posts
Went for a few smaller rides today, maybe 100 miles in total. Last one was up the Valley road again and it's that time of the year again where the grouse get stupid on the roads, so I lined one up and swerved last second to try the Charlie Brown field goal punt with my foot - and that sucker went bouncing and almost hit my bud's bike behind me. I could still feathers as I got home 10 minutes later.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
i did 2 things today. first, i installed the tpms system on my wife's bike. so far, so good. i understand with her bike being a 2019 that her gauge cluster would need a firmware update to show the pressure in the odometer window. how do i do that?

the other thing i did was to convert it to 'switchless' operation. you don't have to turn the ignition switch on, then the run/stop switch. just the run/stop switch. you only have to use the ignition switch if you want to lock the forks. gonna give this a go for a while to see if she likes it. if not, easy to switch back.

next project is to do the tpms and switchless operation to my bike. but, have a few dr. appts and my bottle jack took a dump on me, so gonna have to pace myself.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did a group ride, thru Manville NJ, which took the blunt of Ira, and up to Blue Mountain in Pa, Nice twisty country roads.
Saw the damage up close, a couple of old wooden, one lane covered bridges with the sides blown out from the water. The bridges, were ofcourse closed. It will be a shame if they have to be torn down

Relive 'Fun adventure'

Did a little baking this morning, threw my Trask billet clutch hub, in the oven. Put the bearing in the freezer last night, so after a 15 minute soak in the oven, the bearing dropped right in. That friggin gorilla c-clip fought me 😂 😂

So its time for alittle primary surgery
I went through on Friday to make sure my grandmothers house was good. Did they start getting main street picked up yet? It was sad driving through there.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I went through on Friday to make sure my grandmothers house was good. Did they start getting main street picked up yet? It was sad driving through there.
Main street was open, but wet, moldy shit was piled up everywhere. The high water mark was still visible on the train tracks over main street...right up to the bottom of the tracks. There was a home or business that burnt to the ground on main.....really sad.
These people need help instead of illegals!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Just rolled in after a nice twisty ride on a overcast, mid 70's day. People don't believe that stinking NJ has some decent riding areas. People think refineries, chemical plants and pharmaceutical plants.....which they do have and they provided me a nice living while I was working.
Almost 250 miles for me, and I cut out early to beat the traffic. Note to self, leaving the northern part of the state at 3pm, WILL NOT BEAT THE TRAFFIC🤣
Some pics from lunch and had 3 Roadies out of 8 bikes. Thankfully the people that can't keep up, didn't ride today.
And my gal Nancy finally complained about my stereo, or rather she can't hear hers when Iam within a half mile of her🤣🤣🤣

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Plant Jeans Furniture Table Outdoor bench
l[
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Also worth nothing, today's ride on my trip odometer shows 254 miles, when the GPS tracking app shows 242 miles.
On the ride sunday,I put the speedo right on, 120mph for a few seconds, the GPS tracking app showed top speed for the day was 116mph.
Typical HD shit....nothing works correctly 🙄

·
Registered
368 Posts
Picked up my tour pack tonight, 17 working days ish.
Now I gotta put it on and my oil cooling fan.

Tomorrow..

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
620 Posts
The sis flew in from ID last Saturday. Yesterday we did some time on the water then a little 110 mile loop on the glide.
Today we rode 340m in SE MO roads. Perfect weather. Sunny, 80 degrees. Couldn’t have been better,…. Well it could have.
always good to ride with the family she’s a long rider that gave up the wheels a coupleyears ago and opts go with the bro.
Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire Road surface Tree
Watch Plant Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
620 Posts
@MORider - Dude, Great pics!

So over the last couple of weeks I've been swappin'

New Bars & Grips (Vindikta HoopTeeze 12" & Kuryakyn)
View attachment 431442

Boards & Controls (SoftBrake 1" Extended Arm, Thrashin' Supply Boards & Joker Machine Pedal)
View attachment 431443

The boards were a solid 3 POUNDS lighter than stock & the pedal half a pound. FASTER!!!!
:cool:
Yea. Those look great. Sweet color on the glide to match. Mild industrial.
it’s a never ending story!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Woke up at 4 am and decided the weather was too perfect at 58 degrees so decided to go for a dawn ride at 6 am. Ended up riding 80 miles north for breakfast. Was simply peaceful and serene to ride thru miles of farm as the sun fully broke the horizon in a red hue. Then made it back home to ride to a nearby dealership and watch a stunt show put on by busted knuckles stunt tour. If you guys ever get a chance to see them go watch. They put on a heck of a show and Tony and Geno are 2 awesome guys.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Wiped the dust off of them. Considering putting them away for the winter already as back issues make it hard to do anything and surgery isn't until the end of November.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

17681 - 17700 of 17814 Posts