Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
17741 - 17760 of 17813 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Wiped the dust and cobwebs off both of them. Added a fuel stabilizer then road them down the street and topped off the fuel. Back was feeling pretty good today and we have nice weather still. Hoping to squeeze in a short ride here and there on the RGC before surgery the end of November. Pretty sure the RGU is parked until spring.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Got a call from my ad on cycletrader last night offering me $16,500 for it. Went out for a last ride this morning for few hours before I called them back to accept the offer. Came back and cancelled the ad, called them back and said I just can’t sell it. Made my wife happy & that’s always good.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Installed GADS lt14 wind deflector. Will see how well it works if at all on the morning ride to work tomorrow.
Keep us/me abreast on what you think, as I’m also debating these. Would like to hear some opinions/reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Keep us/me abreast on what you think, as I’m also debating these. Would like to hear some opinions/reviews.

Ride into work I had a bandana over my face, but felt less air coming up from under me. The ride home should give me a better idea. Unless I'm just getting placebo from wearing the bandana.

·
Super Moderator
4,374 Posts
Got a call from my ad on cycletrader last night offering me $16,500 for it. Went out for a last ride this morning for few hours before I called them back to accept the offer. Came back and cancelled the ad, called them back and said I just can’t sell it. Made my wife happy & that’s always good.
Good to hear you are at least delaying the decision until you are sure. Hopefully that’s a long time from now lol. Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,834 Posts
Hey DW, Glad to see You finally came to Your Senses!
We All know that Momma is Always Right. LOL!!!!
Mike U.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I stalled the hand guards. Tell ya what. Like them or not. They're quality. I got them to let me ride a bit longer. I'm on blood thinners and the older I get. The colder I get. So if this gives me a few more rides I'm good with it. And I kinda like the way they look now. They're growing in me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts

It definitely cut down on the wind coming up from the tank. If you add the extended faring wings it will probably cut it out completely. Disclosure, I'm 6'2, have c and c seat that pushes me at least 2 inches back and 14 inch bars. My triangle my be different than yours.

·
Registered
'11 Road Glide Ultra
62 Posts
On my new to me '11 RGU, going through the bike I found some stuff I need to deal with.
Have a cracked rear Dunlop, bought new tires just need to get them installed.
While checking the tires, noticed both rear air shocks are leaking, not bad, but the area has a light coat of oil around. Read through a $hit ton of threads on shocks and decided to buy some new seals and a liter of 10W shock oil and fix them up. I will save my pennies and get some real shocks down the road.
I have the SE Fatshotz for slip ons, they are too quiet, so I bought another dozen discs and will see if I can get them to man up a bit in the sound department.
All fluids changed. Red line in tranny, Mobil 1 V twin in the engine and HD synthetic gear oil in the primary.
Clutch adjusted via bolt under derby cover.

Next up is to change the fork oil after the tires are swapped.

And of course ride it a bunch. (after new tires)

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
On my new to me '11 RGU, going through the bike I found some stuff I need to deal with.
Have a cracked rear Dunlop, bought new tires just need to get them installed.
While checking the tires, noticed both rear air shocks are leaking, not bad, but the area has a light coat of oil around. Read through a $hit ton of threads on shocks and decided to buy some new seals and a liter of 10W shock oil and fix them up. I will save my pennies and get some real shocks down the road.
I have the SE Fatshotz for slip ons, they are too quiet, so I bought another dozen discs and will see if I can get them to man up a bit in the sound department.
All fluids changed. Red line in tranny, Mobil 1 V twin in the engine and HD synthetic gear oil in the primary.
Clutch adjusted via bolt under derby cover.

Next up is to change the fork oil after the tires are swapped.

And of course ride it a bunch. (after new tires)
Good stuff man. I'd up the weight on the fork oil for sure. I out the Screaming Eagle fork oil in the wife's Freewheeler when I did her chrome lowers. I believe it's 15w. Made a difference for sure.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Me and the wife put a little over 100 miles on. Went for wings then to a dealership that had a stupid sale on shirts. Sweat shirts and flannels. Bought 4 shirts. Saved 165 bucks. Paid 110.00 for the 4. The flannel is worth plenty.

And you can see the hand guards better now. I like them. And I like how they compliment the look of the bike.

·
Registered
'11 Road Glide Ultra
62 Posts
Me and the wife put a little over 100 miles on. Went for wings then to a dealership that had a stupid sale on shirts. Sweat shirts and flannels. Bought 4 shirts. Saved 165 bucks. Paid 110.00 for the 4. The flannel is worth plenty.

And you can see the hand guards better now. I like them. And I like how they compliment the look of the bike.

Your bike looks pissed, I like it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It definitely cut down on the wind coming up from the tank. If you add the extended faring wings it will probably cut it out completely. Disclosure, I'm 6'2, have c and c seat that pushes me at least 2 inches back and 14 inch bars. My triangle my be different than yours.
Thanks! That's what I am looking for.

My LRS for long rides seems to keep the over the top buffeting down, however my issue was coming up from the tank area and pushing up at my chin. I am 5'10" and run a Corbin Classic Solo which is supposed to put me back some. I am running 12" bars right now, but that may change back to 14's.

What is this extended fairing wings you speak of? I do a search and it's all geared towards street glides. But to make sure I am on same page, all you installed was the GADS ssystem, plus maybe the extended fairing wings?

Thanks friend!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks! That's what I am looking for.

My LRS for long rides seems to keep the over the top buffeting down, however my issue was coming up from the tank area and pushing up at my chin. I am 5'10" and run a Corbin Classic Solo which is supposed to put me back some. I am running 12" bars right now, but that may change back to 14's.

What is this extended fairing wings you speak of? I do a search and it's all geared towards street glides. But to make sure I am on same page, all you installed was the GADS ssystem, plus maybe the extended fairing wings?

Thanks friend!
I installed the lt14. That is the piece that goes on the forks. There is another that replaces the side little wings on either side of the fairing, I didn't buy these. And I did a couple longer rides today hitting up to 90mph. It doesn't help much at highway speeds which is a bit of a bummer. And the wings they offer are a little too large looking for my liking. Back to the drawing board for me I guess.

·
Super Moderator
9,834 Posts
I installed a new Clutch Safety Switch.
My Glide would no longer start in gear and the security light was flashing and showing Code B1154.
Now My Glide will start in gear with the clutch pulled in and the B1154 Code is gone.
Mike U.

17741 - 17760 of 17813 Posts