Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
17761 - 17780 of 17817 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I installed a new Clutch Safety Switch.
My Glide would no longer start in gear and the security light was flashing and showing Code B1154.
Now My Glide will start in gear with the clutch pulled in and the B1154 Code is gone.
Mike U.
Success!

Yesterday we finally put the do dads on my Son's 2021 1200. And he rode it. So I rode mine. Lol. He bought it in May. Been sitting in my garage with 6 miles on it since then. But having a friends father die, seeing my ass in the hospital with Covid he woke the fuck up. We ain't here forever and work isn't everything. Added the fender light, drilled heat shields, drilled belt guard, mustache crash bar (I like that) all CD turn signals and smoked lenses. I told him fuck the warranty and get his pipes and a tuner. He said no. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
I installed the lt14. That is the piece that goes on the forks. There is another that replaces the side little wings on either side of the fairing, I didn't buy these. And I did a couple longer rides today hitting up to 90mph. It doesn't help much at highway speeds which is a bit of a bummer. And the wings they offer are a little too large looking for my liking. Back to the drawing board for me I guess.
Thanks for letting me know. Sounds like I should just spend money elsewhere instead. lol

·
Registered
2016 Road Glide Ultra
138 Posts
Good times and incredible memories.

Not sure why my son never took up any of my favorite things…. I mean who wouldn’t want to play bagpipes, play trumpet, enjoy wrenching, riding motorcycles, target shooting, taking care of the lawn, building computer networks, being a project manager, and just general tinkering? LOL

Success!

Yesterday we finally put the do dads on my Son's 2021 1200. And he rode it. So I rode mine. Lol. He bought it in May. Been sitting in my garage with 6 miles on it since then. But having a friends father die, seeing my ass in the hospital with Covid he woke the fuck up. We ain't here forever and work isn't everything. Added the fender light, drilled heat shields, drilled belt guard, mustache crash bar (I like that) all CD turn signals and smoked lenses. I told him fuck the warranty and get his pipes and a tuner. He said no. Lol.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Good times and incredible memories.

Not sure why my son never took up any of my favorite things…. I mean who wouldn’t want to play bagpipes, play trumpet, enjoy wrenching, riding motorcycles, target shooting, taking care of the lawn, building computer networks, being a project manager, and just general tinkering? LOL
Bagpipes are

He's a good kid. Was fun. He put 65 miles on and now has the bug. Lol.

And in keeping with the thread. I put the lower rocker boxes on my bike.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks! That's what I am looking for.

My LRS for long rides seems to keep the over the top buffeting down, however my issue was coming up from the tank area and pushing up at my chin. I am 5'10" and run a Corbin Classic Solo which is supposed to put me back some. I am running 12" bars right now, but that may change back to 14's.

What is this extended fairing wings you speak of? I do a search and it's all geared towards street glides. But to make sure I am on same page, all you installed was the GADS ssystem, plus maybe the extended fairing wings?

Thanks friend!
Maybe these? Just put them on today. Picked up at Goat Bros. Swap meet this past weekend. Do work but I'm still on the fence about how they look. Land vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
What started as a short ride, turning into a trip to the Fl east coast and then back home (164 miles). felt good to ride and clear my head after a rough 1.5 months

·
Registered
918 Posts
Last big trip of the season in the books. Time to change fluids in all three holes and I guess a new back tire before the snow flies.

Sent from the Rockies of Colorado.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Installed an External Breather system on the 2021 RG , to avoid any hot oily air from getting blown back into the intake. Looked at some photos from a member here, bought the vacuum hose , Tee connector and filter at a local Advance Auto. $20 all in on this Mod. I also added grills to the fairing vents $3.20 all in. Got the templates from a member here, bought the gutter leaf guards powder coated black at Home Depot and cut the shapes out. Man I love this forum for inexpensive ideas that are functional and look great.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I got rid of the colorful reflectors. I'll begin my search to eliminate the rest of the chrome that HD put on this "blacked out" bike. (Side stand, Rocker box cover, shift lever, gauge trim, etc)

View attachment 432465 View attachment 432466
And the bolts, push rod tubes, tappet covers, rotors, etc.......

It's a lot. I'm almost done.

Reactions: Zedbra
17761 - 17780 of 17817 Posts