Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
17781 - 17800 of 17817 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
All of those stainless bolts can be blackened with oxide. Not sure what replacing all of those bolts costs, but the chemicals to oxide them are less than $100.
I forget what I paid to do entire motor, Trans, and primary. But it was over 200 bucks.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
73 Posts
did some mods. New RedThunder 2-1 exhaust. Rekluse slave cylinder. New Arlen Ness grips. New Metzler 888 ultra tires. New tune. New Carbon saddlebags lids.

The Rekluse, what a differenc, night and day.
Lids look amazing
888 Ultra’s, love the tires, so much beter. Never ever again the Cruistec‘s
swapped my Bassani for this RedThunder, sounds beter, powercurve is better.

Tire Sky Wheel Water Land vehicle

Sky Tire Wheel Water Vehicle
Sky Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Grille Truck Vehicle Sky Hood
Footwear Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Sky Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tire
Light Product Rectangle Slope Azure

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Not a Roadglide, but a Superglide.

Been working on my old FXRS for the last couple of months. De cam'd it a little and put a Super E on it, with the intent of giving it some better manners when just tooling around on it. Had all sorts of issues trying to get it to run right. Ended up determining that it was a reversion issue with the old H -pipe and the -82 glass packs. So I broke down and got a new pipe for it. Not much out there for an FXR with foot boards. Went with a Roadrage 2-1. And I broke down and bought a new O2 sensor for my Lambda meter, so my butt dyno would have a visual aid. It really tasked me to weld a bung into that nice new chrome pipe.

Didn't get done in time to ride it today, but with just installing the pipe, it starts and cold idles a lot better.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

For them what never saw a Lambda meter used to jet an old carbed scooter, this is what it looks like. Cold start up. Once I get it jetted, it comes off and goes back in the tool box.

·
Registered
'11 Road Glide Ultra
62 Posts
Pulled my leaky air shocks off and replaced the oil and seals. Put in Maxima 10W shock oil, lot better ride now in the rear. Problem is it made the fronts feel like junk, so that will be my next upgrade. They dive pretty bad under breaking, and don't really ride good over small bumps, they transfer everything up to the handlebars.

Also put another dozen discs in my SE fatshotz, and they are still way too quiet. Think it's time to shop for new slip ons.

Finished up with a wash and detail. She's purdy!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yesterday, changed all the fluids, including clutch and brake...do this every fall when the time to put it away for the winter approaches. Everything clean and ready to go, but a few more rides before storage would be nice...

Reactions: NCPiper

·
Registered
2017 Road Glide Ultra......Previous 2009 Road King
45 Posts
A friend is a member of Eagle Rider, so he rents them and I ride his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Road Glide Ultra......Previous 2009 Road King
45 Posts
How does that work? Do they simply check for a MC endorsement and insurance or is there some riding test?
Also yes they check your endorsement and either you pay for insurance or they put a $5000 dollar hold on your card till the bike is returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 FLTRXS 114
24 Posts
How did you remove the reflectors without scratching the paint ?
Front: Warm with heat gun and carefully pried with a curved pick
Rear: drilled tiny hole through the colored reflector. Screw a screw into it. Warm with the heat gun and use steady pressure to pull. Once the colored lens is out, you can either drill through the plastic backing and do the same think, or use a pick in one corner along with the heat gun. I drilled another hole. If you don't use the heat, be prepared to pick pieces of double sided tape off for about an hour.

·
Registered
2016 Road Glide Ultra
138 Posts
Looks great and I am betting those will serve you well. Did you get the "skids" from motorcycledropguards or someone else?

Fook It, went ahead & removed the Heavy Breather & replaced with Ness/ Rough Crafts intake. Also added rear bag guards & skids....

·
Super Moderator
4,375 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Road Glide Ultra
62 Posts
Took the little lady out for a ride today, ~200 miles through the San Diego backroads, over sunrise highway, through Julian and over to Josies hideout for a beer. Then to the beach and back home. Checked my gas mileage, 44 mpg.

Wife and I confirmed we're ready to dump some cash on front and rear suspension, it's junk. I changed the oil and put new seals in the rear air shocks, lipstick on a pig. 💄🐖

Time to do some reading.

Sky Fuel tank Vehicle Plant Plant community

Sky Fuel tank Cloud Wheel Tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tree Motor vehicle

17781 - 17800 of 17817 Posts