Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
17801 - 17813 of 17813 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,374 Posts
Took the little lady out for a ride today, ~200 miles through the San Diego backroads, over sunrise highway, through Julian and over to Josies hideout for a beer. Then to the beach and back home. Checked my gas mileage, 44 mpg.

Wife and I confirmed we're ready to dump some cash on front and rear suspension, it's junk. I changed the oil and put new seals in the rear air shocks, lipstick on a pig. 💄🐖

Time to do some reading.

View attachment 432712

View attachment 432711

View attachment 432710
Nice pics. You’ll like the upgrades on suspension. Looks like a good turnout at Josies Hideout. Too bad the they stopped BBQing Tri Tip due to prices.

Reactions: Homer93

·
Registered
'11 Road Glide Ultra
62 Posts
Yeah, the food at Josies has gone down hill, I don't eat there anymore. They do have Octoberfest beer now that's really good.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hadn't been on in a bit, but a buddy, his daughter and I rode to Myrtle Beach for lunch the other Sunday, ~500 miles round trip..
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motorcycle Vehicle
Cloud Water Sky Beach Fluid

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Nice! I know that place! Where all those scary people hang out! Lol

How far a rude is that for you?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
I been there, a very long to ago, when I was young.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
619 Posts
I got the Glide climate control. He froze his ass off the last two winters in the detached garage. Down side is I have to plug the beer fridge in during winter.
neat system with a dehumidifier.
Stuf is cheap nowaday…. Ish..
Property Window Building Interior design Wood

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,102 Posts
Not a Roadglide, but a Superglide.

Been working on my old FXRS for the last couple of months. De cam'd it a little and put a Super E on it, with the intent of giving it some better manners when just tooling around on it. Had all sorts of issues trying to get it to run right. Ended up determining that it was a reversion issue with the old H -pipe and the -82 glass packs. So I broke down and got a new pipe for it. Not much out there for an FXR with foot boards. Went with a Roadrage 2-1. And I broke down and bought a new O2 sensor for my Lambda meter, so my butt dyno would have a visual aid. It really tasked me to weld a bung into that nice new chrome pipe.

Didn't get done in time to ride it today, but with just installing the pipe, it starts and cold idles a lot better.

View attachment 432495

View attachment 432496

For them what never saw a Lambda meter used to jet an old carbed scooter, this is what it looks like. Cold start up. Once I get it jetted, it comes off and goes back in the tool box.

14.7 being the magic number to shoot for

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I got the Glide climate control. He froze his ass off the last two winters in the detached garage. Down side is I have to plug the beer fridge in during winter.
neat system with a dehumidifier.
Stuf is cheap nowaday…. Ish..
View attachment 432760
What heater is that? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

17801 - 17813 of 17813 Posts