Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
18581 - 18600 of 18665 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yesterday, Madstad, today passenger armrests. Wife refuses to ride without armrests/cup holders. A 20 minute job turned into 2 hours. Bolts through tour pack into speaker pods were to tight or had too much blue loctite, maybe both?
Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Chair Comfort

I had to pull the speakers and use locking vice grips to hold a couple of the well nuts as they spun as I tried to remove the bolts.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Yesterday, Madstad, today passenger armrests. Wife refuses to ride without armrests/cup holders. A 20 minute job turned into 2 hours. Bolts through tour pack into speaker pods were to tight or had too much blue loctite, maybe both?
Snip
I had to pull the speakers and use locking vice grips to hold a couple of the well nuts as they spun as I tried to remove the bolts.
I see that they're still screwing that up, thought it was just me......

Reactions: Kaufmanrider

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Unfortunately. That Danny Gray seat will not be working out. I’m actually disappointed in the quality and fit. So I put the CVO backrest back on and had to put the rear seat on because I thing it looks like shit exposed. And so the back seat was on. I Put the tour pack on it so it didn’t look so bad. I’m at an impasse here with what to do with the seat. The DG also moved me forward which aggravated my hips instantly.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive lighting

Tire Plant Fuel tank Wheel Sky

·
Registered
939 Posts
Installing these for the wifey. Hopefully helps with her leg cramps on the long hauls View attachment 441086
We've had a set on the '11 for 9 years or so... wife loves em. Just remind her to fold them up/back when you need to stop or maneuver and hope they aren't locked in the forward position.

Reactions: jstucker1976

·
Registered
2017 RGS Olive Gold
362 Posts
Unfortunately. That Danny Gray seat will not be working out. I’m actually disappointed in the quality and fit. So I put the CVO backrest back on and had to put the rear seat on because I thing it looks like shit exposed. And so the back seat was on. I Put the tour pack on it so it didn’t look so bad. I’m at an impasse here with what to do with the seat. The DG also moved me forward which aggravated my hips instantly.
Have you considered having your current seat modified to fit/look the way you want? A good seat guy can do the mods and make it look pretty much the same or you can totally change up the look. I'm lucky to have a guy 30 min from home. Ride in, discuss what needs to change and ride out with exactly what you want a few hours later. This was a LePera Maverick.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Have you considered having your current seat modified to fit/look the way you want? A good seat guy can do the mods and make it look pretty much the same or you can totally change up the look. I'm lucky to have a guy 30 min from home. Ride in, discuss what needs to change and ride out with exactly what you want a few hours later. This was a LePera Maverick. View attachment 441089
My seat is great. It’s the lack of a good looking back rest. The CVO backrest don’t really look good and the powder coat is peeling. So it’s not a seat issue. I love the P&A solo seat. The Danny Gray was my hope to have a comfortable solo seat with an integrated back rest.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
2017 RGS Olive Gold
362 Posts
My seat is great. It’s the lack of a good looking back rest. The CVO backrest don’t really look good and the powder coat is peeling. So it’s not a seat issue. I love the P&A solo seat. The Danny Gray was my hope to have a comfortable solo seat with an integrated back rest.
Ah, my bad. Missed that part. ;)

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
3,958 Posts
Had a riding buddy buddy that wanted me to swap Dyna rear shocks onto his 13 Ultra - so I went over this morning and did that for him, then swapped in some Speed Bleeders that I bought for him and bled all the brakes. After, we rode through rain and shine and I saw no wheel hop while riding behind him on the winding highway at above legal limits, so it seems it can be done. Huh. Ran into another riding bud and the three of us went and visited a previous Indy shop owner that just had back surgery, had a few cold ones, then rode on into the rain to my place, where the cold ones continue on

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,582 Posts
Dropped its FOB in the shitter this morning.
Then I get from my bro, “ is that why it’s running like shit..”. And a few other one liners…

still not sure how it happened. Has the belt loop thingy….
Keep it on a key ring with the barrel key in your jacket pocket. Keeps it from swimming in the deep end.

Reactions: MORider and madmat

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Yesterday. I have been having an issue with the head unit. I cannot download an update or get the usb to see any data on my thumb drive. I had purchased the $13.00 Amazon plug for the Apple CarPlay. Fuck Samsung (another story) so I figured I’d put that in and see what happened. And to my surprise. CarPlay lit right up. First pic is all I get with the thumb drive. That’s with music or just the update. (Update is the only thing on it)
Vehicle Automotive design Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Product Automotive design Gadget Audio equipment Technology

Next thing. I noticing I was losing air pressure to the rear. So when I got home I started tracing all the connections and spraying them with a water bottle. I found the culprit. The connection to the pressure switch. So I sent dirty air an email. I’d have just bought a new one off the site. But they didn’t have one listed.
Automotive tire Tire Automotive exterior Automotive exhaust Gas

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Now I'm on record as saying there's never any reason to remove the TourPak, because they're just too handy to have available. But I managed to come across a situation that deemed removing mine...prudent. (after his Dyno day) My brother was starting to get a bit closer than I liked when we were ... Let's call it "frolicking"...

So off came the TourPak - Just 'for the day' - but it - and the proverbial gloves - were off. And ... Ho-ho-ho-ly-shit will Trixie move without the TourPak getting dragged through the wind behind us. I had everything I could do to keep her off the rev-limiter (which she pulls hard all the way up to..). And my brother, now says I'm not allowed to run without the TourPak anymore (lol - I'm older..).

So I scored a brand new (still in the box) two piece CVO seat for $300 at a friends shop, and a Solo TourPak mount of eBay. So I can now "comply" with his wishes...and cheat at the same time.

Pics or it didn't happen:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

TourPak not mounted yet, but the wind shouldn't hit it as bad if it's tucked in behind me.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

And I can still put it back where it usually goes when the wife comes along.

I just gotta work out some kind of quick way to move it from one rack to the other - Suggestions welcome..

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
2,056 Posts
I just gotta work out some kind of quick way to move it from one rack to the other - Suggestions welcome..
🤔 maybe a second "chopped" TP for the solo mount? It wouldn't be terrible to change mounts, only 4 bolts, but I wouldn't want to be doing it too often. Maybe someone else knows an easier way to swap the mounts.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Plant

Installed the heat shields from FM. When I talked to them about ordering the pipe I didn’t want chrome or black and they told me Jamie was working on some partial titanium sheilds. So the Fab Spec I went with and now the colors all tie in, in my opinions. And of coarse the wife came out and said it again. “ are you ever going to leave that thing alone” 🤣🤣 one day.

18581 - 18600 of 18665 Posts