Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
18601 - 18620 of 18665 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
1,127 Posts
Installed the DK 1.5” tank riser. I like the access to the heads, for cleaning, and the lines of the bottom of the fairing to the tank.
We’ll see what the temp does.

also did a little vanity work. I have a challenge coin holder for the timing cover. I had a USMC SSGT coin with all the bright original colors on it. It was to much.
I stripped down, painted it, and fine gritted the upper ridges. Think it looks better.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Shoe Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Rode it yesterday to Cactus Grill for lunch, yum!

Reactions: Mike U

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Chased an airleak for a few hours and installed a new brake light in the left exhaust hole. Ordered a new Amazon air gauge see if it’s just the set up from Dirty air that’s failing. It’s not the Air ride set up.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got back late yesterday from a 3 day trip to moyers oklahoma to the K river campground for the fast life campout. Almost 900 miles including riding around while there and taking a longer route home. Had a great time and bike did well after being apart so long for me painting and cerakoting several pieces and rebuilding front end and changing wheel bearings. Wasn't too worried about mechanical problems as a bolt backing out or being forgotten. Now I have time to finish wet sanding and buffing the fairing and some other pieces. All in all pleased with the look.
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Fuel tank

·
Registered
416 Posts
Working on installing my Dakota Digital gauges, and I see how badly the Harley painted headlight trim has rubbed the clear on the fairing. Because of this, I've decided to remove the headlight trim (and secretly I want to swap in some Rigid LED lights!).

I used some Adam's One Step Polish and the Adam's Swirl Killer long throw polisher.

I didn't take a picture of the before on the fairing, but this is the headlight trim. The fairing was at least this bad.

Head Glasses Light Blue Finger

And the second picture shows how the fairing turned out. It's as good as it was when new.

Sleeve Jersey Personal protective equipment Sportswear Electric blue

·
Registered
416 Posts
Since HD Connect is has been shut down, there was no need for the Telematic Control Unit on my 2020 RGL, not that I wanted it anyway.

You can't just remove the unit though - it will cause a remote disable on the bike and the signals will just rapidly flash back and forth and the bike is in-op.

Diag4Bike allowed me to disable Remote Disable, and then uninstall the TCU from the BCM. Once that was done, I was able to disconnect the TCU and everything worked perfectly.

I don't need the fairing space, but getting it removed feels like a little less big brother in my life. I'll go put my tinfoil hat back on now!
Wood Font Electronic device Household hardware Electronics accessory

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Since HD Connect is has been shut down, there was no need for the Telematic Control Unit on my 2020 RGL, not that I wanted it anyway.

You can't just remove the unit though - it will cause a remote disable on the bike and the signals will just rapidly flash back and forth and the bike is in-op.

Diag4Bike allowed me to disable Remote Disable, and then uninstall the TCU from the BCM. Once that was done, I was able to disconnect the TCU and everything worked perfectly.

I don't need the fairing space, but getting it removed feels like a little less big brother in my life. I'll go put my tinfoil hat back on now!
View attachment 441745
I must admit, you made me research this because I hadn’t heard of it. As usual, the control devices that are attached to us are published but not something they actively bring to our attention.

·
Registered
467 Posts
After 8 months and two failed attempts at picking up my bike it’s back in my garage. Originally picked up the bike Tuesday night from the dealer and had the muffler fall off on the ride home.

Taking her to Denver and Grand Canyon this week. Preying the dealer didn’t mess anything else up on the rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18601 - 18620 of 18665 Posts