Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
18621 - 18640 of 18665 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,582 Posts
Reactions: SwiftyGlide

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,582 Posts
Took the bike in for state inspection and enable the oil cooler fan. Failed inspection due to rear tire (50/50 whether it would), set backordered for two months. I'll have to call again tomorrow for an update. On the bright side, oil cooler fan is operational.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Chased down an airleak in the air ride. But went ahead and ordered all new air lines and fittings. Developed a leak last week and talk about frustration. Seemed I’d find one and fix it I’d find another. But I’m not giving up on it just yet. When I do. It’ll be listed here for sale. Lol.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Chased down an airleak in the air ride. But went ahead and ordered all new air lines and fittings. Developed a leak last week and talk about frustration. Seemed I’d find one and fix it I’d find another. But I’m not giving up on it just yet. When I do. It’ll be listed here for sale. Lol.
That sucks .... Haven't had any issues yet. But I did sleeve all my air lines in an Expandable woven cable Sleeve that I found on amazon.

Reactions: Mike U and RFG7680

·
Registered
2020 Scorched Orange RG Limited
512 Posts
Since HD Connect is has been shut down, there was no need for the Telematic Control Unit on my 2020 RGL, not that I wanted it anyway.

You can't just remove the unit though - it will cause a remote disable on the bike and the signals will just rapidly flash back and forth and the bike is in-op.

Diag4Bike allowed me to disable Remote Disable, and then uninstall the TCU from the BCM. Once that was done, I was able to disconnect the TCU and everything worked perfectly.

I don't need the fairing space, but getting it removed feels like a little less big brother in my life. I'll go put my tinfoil hat back on now!
View attachment 441745
This is interesting. I need to research further to see where this is located under the fairing. My RGL is a late 2020 production model, so perhaps it isn’t there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
That sucks .... Haven't had any issues yet. But I did sleeve all my air lines in an Expandable woven cable Sleeve that I found on amazon.
I have mine in the plastic wire loom stuff. Where it comes through the frame. This was a couple of fittings.

Reactions: Bevis

·
Registered
416 Posts
This is interesting. I need to research further to see where this is located under the fairing. My RGL is a late 2020 production model, so perhaps it isn’t there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It has it's own bracket that attaches to the left (primary drive) side of the main fairing bracket. Basically, it sits directly above the headlight, offset slightly to the primary drive side.

If you were to remove your outer fairing, you can't miss it. It's the only thing that is light grey. And while it doesn't look like it would take up a ton of space - once it's gone you realize just how much space it really does use up.

Service Bulletin M1515 from HD has the following info:

Purpose for Service Bulletin is to inform dealers that the Telematic Control Unit (TCU) on some platforms are being discontinued as of:
Manufactured in United States: May 28, 2020
• For configurations: DOM, CAL, CAN, HDI, ENG

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
3,958 Posts
Been gone since Sunday, was smacking down Vegas hard, and got home late yesterday to a monsoon of rain and finding out it has been 10c here and raining the whole week I was gone. Today, despite the forecast for even more rain, the clouds parted and my buddy that was over doing some concrete work at my house says - "we should be riding". I started to wash out his mixer and told him to go home and get his bike - so we scooted out for a few hours up the river valley road. Perfect.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Bought all new fittings and airline. Replumbed the whole system with new fittings and airline. Now. The parts that came with the American Suspension kit was fine. The fittings front the Dirty air gauge were the issue. One 3/8 npt x 5/32 airline 90 for the sensor leaked. And one if the Stainless T fittings.

Now my decision to buy all new stuff was to basically start fresh. And this time I made sure to not buy the SS fittings. But the plastic style that AS sends. These are a little bigger which I like. The airline seats deeper into the fitting. Also. The new airline is not near as rigid as the AS or Dirty air lines. Much more flex and less likely to kink. Also it being softer I believe the fitting bites into it better for a better deal. So that’s done.
Installed a third new light in the open bag hole. They don’t seem to last. Lol.
Then I went for a ride after cleaning it to get a Gyro and a Pepsi. My treat for the week. Then ride home in a downpour. Lol.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
3,958 Posts
When I hear of new systems with leaking lines it totally keeps me away from ever considering an air ride system, I like to get far away from home. I hope these new lines and fittings sorts it all out for ya, John

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
My wife had been complaining about wanting a sofa backrest on the tourpak. So back in November I ordered a king TP. got it a week ago and was to tired to do anything other that open the boxes. Mounted it up last night and without thinking, I drilled out the holes from the inside of the lid....F me. Forgot that with my advan chopped one, I took the time to lay it out. Now to get the H-D Air Wing.

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
@RFG7680 I had bought some spare fittings and air line, just incase I had a leak out on the road somewhere. It has more flex that the AS or DA too.

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
@RFG7680 I had bought some spare fittings and air line, just incase I had a leak out on the road somewhere. It has more flex that the AS or DA too.
What pressure do you usually ride at? I tried mid 60s today and it seemed smooth as could be.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
When I hear of new systems with leaking lines it totally keeps me away from ever considering an air ride system, I like to get far away from home. I hope these new lines and fittings sorts it all out for ya, John
Either mine is a rare occurrence or guys tend to not post if they’re having issues so no one says their air ride is a pos. Lol. We know that later to be the case on a lot of things guys realize isn’t what they thought. But they go full commit instead of owning it sucks or wasn’t worth the money. So far. I love this air ride. It’s everything I wanted as far as ride and looks cool. The minute I’m done with it. Y’all will know what and why.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
My wife had been complaining about wanting a sofa backrest on the tourpak. So back in November I ordered a king TP. got it a week ago and was to tired to do anything other that open the boxes. Mounted it up last night and without thinking, I drilled out the holes from the inside of the lid....F me. Forgot that with my advan chopped one, I took the time to lay it out. Now to get the H-D Air Wing.
I like my air wing. I need to get the light.

Reactions: Bevis
18621 - 18640 of 18665 Posts