Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
18921 - 18940 of 19721 Posts

· Registered
1,762 Posts
I got the old girl hotter than a $2.00 pistol and hammered some problem areas in my tune:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Pattern Parallel

...And yes, just in case you're wondering ... I did - damn near - fry the rear brake pads getting some of those numbers. I had to let her cool in the middle of the run, because the rear brake had faded to almost 1/3 pedal. But she's feeling dead sexy on the far side of the run ... So it's all good.

· Premium Member
2018 Roadglide Special Wicked Red
442 Posts
i feel the same way. some of these shops with their epoxy floors that you could eat off of. damn, makes me jealous. but i couldn't do it, too much moisture comes up from underneath, got some cracks in the garage floor, etc.

i do admit though, that i do have a penchant for tools. if it's something that i'm going to use enough to justify the cost, i'm okay with it. my j&s jack, i bought that in person from a harley shop in wi. with military discount, it was $320. looked at their price now and about had a heart attack.

i paid the monies for a no mar tire changer. it's paid for itself the few times that i've used it. (except for the labor, damn that thing has a steep learning curve and it aint gonna be a quick 1 hr tire change. but i'm cheap, i can give up some time in exchange for saving money).

i also bought the techno research centurion tool. that one, well, while it hasn't paid for itself, yet, i do like having the ability to flash my bike without having to go to the dealer. plus, it will cycle the abs, so every couple/three months i will cycle the abs module. hoping i can keep it in good shape longer and not have any abs issues. so far so good.
Is that centurion tool something you would also use by cycling the abs to bleed your brakes?
Kevin 👊 👊 👊

· Premium Member
442 Posts
My new Jim's wheel bearing tool showed up yesterday, so I pulled the front wheel to swap out bearings and also replaced my brake pads - they were getting pretty thin. I need to look up in my manual and check the thickness of my rotors one day.

I was about to go for a ride to try it all out and then my buddy showed up with his 53 Chevy that he has been working on for a decade - so I dropped everything to go for a cruise.

View attachment 445816
View attachment 445815
Damn, I love the glass! She sits nice & pretty 😍
Kevin 👊 👊 👊

Reactions: Zedbra

· Premium Member
442 Posts
Loaded up the Glide for a 3 nighter. View attachment 442893
Your tank is raised right? Those lights that are at the bottom of your forks, what do they attach to and are those driving lights for distance, like spots? That would be cool to have long range lights that turned with the forks as opposed to the solid mounting ones on the fairing!! 👍 Beautiful bike bro........
Kevin 👊 👊 👊

· Premium Member
6,375 Posts
Is that centurion tool something you would also use by cycling the abs to bleed your brakes?
Kevin 👊 👊 👊
yes, it does the cycling of the module. i don't know if it helps or not, but every 3 months or so, i'll hook it up and cycle the abs. my thinking is that if i cycle it enough, it won't have time to seize up?

· Premium Member
442 Posts
yes, it does the cycling of the module. i don't know if it helps or not, but every 3 months or so, i'll hook it up and cycle the abs. my thinking is that if i cycle it enough, it won't have time to seize up?
That's the only reason I bring it to Harley because of cycling the abs pump. What do those go for roughly?
Kevin 👊 👊 👊

· Premium Member
6,375 Posts
if you buy the 'per bike' license, it's around $600 something.

it's been a while since i bought mine, and with the chip shortage, prices may have gone up some. smitty was the one that got me interested in it, and when he got his it was a little less than $500, but when i went to buy mine, the price had gone up (boo). but, it is an impressive piece of kit.

so far, i've added tpms, and done the cvo ignition delete on 2 bikes. mine and the wife's. i'm still a little under water on what i would have paid the dealer (if he would have even done it), but not by much and i have it on hand. and i really like not being held hostage by the dealer.

i don't have much done at the dealer. but at this point right now, i'm still taking it in every 1-1/2 years for the brake flush through the digital tech. i have a moisture meter, and it reads over 3% about 6 months prior to the 2 year flush requirement so i have it done. i figure $200 every couple of years won't kill me.

· Premium Member
442 Posts
if you buy the 'per bike' license, it's around $600 something.

it's been a while since i bought mine, and with the chip shortage, prices may have gone up some. smitty was the one that got me interested in it, and when he got his it was a little less than $500, but when i went to buy mine, the price had gone up (boo). but, it is an impressive piece of kit.

so far, i've added tpms, and done the cvo ignition delete on 2 bikes. mine and the wife's. i'm still a little under water on what i would have paid the dealer (if he would have even done it), but not by much and i have it on hand. and i really like not being held hostage by the dealer.

i don't have much done at the dealer. but at this point right now, i'm still taking it in every 1-1/2 years for the brake flush through the digital tech. i have a moisture meter, and it reads over 3% about 6 months prior to the 2 year flush requirement so i have it done. i figure $200 every couple of years won't kill me.
That's cool that you are able to do this all yourself! The more I learn about this bike on this forum, had it for five years since new, the less I take it to Harley. I've been texting with Craig ( Craigffb) so have since ordered the correct tpms sensors he recommended, great guy, but need Harley to check the appropriate box 😡. I know the service manager at Harley and he said he'd get them to flash my bike for the WHIM I just purchased So, so I'm hoping he can have them ebable the tpms at the same time, possibly the same screen? I don't know...So we're you able to enable the tpms yourself? I'm going to "search" here because I don't know what the cvo delete is. Thanks,
Kevin 👊 👊 👊

· Premium Member
6,375 Posts
I'm going to "search" here because I don't know what the cvo delete is. Thanks,
Kevin 👊 👊 👊
the centurion can do the audio stuff as well. one option that it can no longer do (same as the hd digital tech) is to enable the whim without the mic, aka the 'original' hack. it can enable or disable the whim, but the requirement for the mic is still there. diag4bike does still have the option to keep it from looking for the mic, but i understand it is much more expensive than the centurion. but it doesn't require a license for each bike.

the cvo delete is the ignition switch delete. to start the bike, instead of turning the knob on, then flipping the run/stop switch, all you have to do is to flip the run/stop switch. the ignition knob is nothing more than a mechanical lock for the forks now. to put the bike into accessory mode, you long press the odometer switch on the left switch pack. i like this option.

· Premium Member
442 Posts
the centurion can do the audio stuff as well. one option that it can no longer do (same as the hd digital tech) is to enable the whim without the mic, aka the 'original' hack. it can enable or disable the whim, but the requirement for the mic is still there. diag4bike does still have the option to keep it from looking for the mic, but i understand it is much more expensive than the centurion. but it doesn't require a license for each bike.

the cvo delete is the ignition switch delete. to start the bike, instead of turning the knob on, then flipping the run/stop switch, all you have to do is to flip the run/stop switch. the ignition knob is nothing more than a mechanical lock for the forks now. to put the bike into accessory mode, you long press the odometer switch on the left switch pack. i like this option.
Actually that would also function as kind of a security feature too. If someone smashed your ignition lock and tried to start the bike they would think they f'ed something up if it didn't start, not knowing you had to hold down the odometer switch to start it! 👍
Kevin 👊 👊 👊

· Premium Member
6,375 Posts
no, i confused you, sorry. you don't have to put it into accessory before starting. if you just want to start, you just flip the run switch. leave the ignition knob alone. it's only if you wanted to go into accessory mode, ie play the radio, that you would hold the odometer switch.

but it could still mess someone up. they come up, turn your ignition knob, and absolutely nothing happens....

· Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
My new Jim's wheel bearing tool showed up yesterday, so I pulled the front wheel to swap out bearings and also replaced my brake pads - they were getting pretty thin. I need to look up in my manual and check the thickness of my rotors one day.

I was about to go for a ride to try it all out and then my buddy showed up with his 53 Chevy that he has been working on for a decade - so I dropped everything to go for a cruise.

View attachment 445816
View attachment 445815
The truck looks awesome and the pics are great too.

Reactions: Zedbra and MD-22RGS

· Premium Member
442 Posts
no, i confused you, sorry. you don't have to put it into accessory before starting. if you just want to start, you just flip the run switch. leave the ignition knob alone. it's only if you wanted to go into accessory mode, ie play the radio, that you would hold the odometer switch.

but it could still mess someone up. they come up, turn your ignition knob, and absolutely nothing happens....
Oh ok got it. So what would happen if you had the ignition pushed down, locking forks, could you still start it after flipping the run switch? Obviously all the dash lights turn on after starting it, but does that mean you now when you flip the run switch and hold the odometer button to listen to the radio, it is still on accessory and not drawing the battery like when it's in start mode?
Kevin 👊 👊 👊

· Premium Member
6,375 Posts
you can still start if the forks are locked. as long as you have your fob (or use the override code). to put it in accessory mode, you don't have to flip the run switch at all. just long press the odometer button. to shut it off again, you long press the odometer again.

look at about 3:20 mark on this video: Test Riding the Most Expensive Harley Davidson (21 CVO RG) - YouTube

· Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
1,604 Posts
Your tank is raised right? Those lights that are at the bottom of your forks, what do they attach to and are those driving lights for distance, like spots? That would be cool to have long range lights that turned with the forks as opposed to the solid mounting ones on the fairing!! 👍 Beautiful bike bro........
Kevin 👊 👊 👊
Thanks Kevin.
My tank is raised, did that a couple months back.

the lights are MotoLight LED. Amber. The are caliper mounted to the top bolt. I primarily got them for day time visibility. You can see them a good way out. Little suns coming at you. They aren’t much for long range, more like a flood light action. Fill in the gap kinda deal, closer range.
Ride safe bro. Jerrol

· Registered
1,762 Posts
Ordered a set of Galfer rear brake pads off eBay to replace the set I cooked off yesterday. I tend to brake hard and late so pads never last me very long, so I'm giving the Galfers a shot to see if they can hold up to my brand of shenanigans.

· Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
5,784 Posts
Heat wave is over, so I decided to put my lowers back on - those are just no fun at all to mess with getting on. Also fixed my one rear speaker in my Tour Pak. Just as I was about to tuck it back into the garage I noticed my Jagg oil cooler was dripping a little oil again, even though I tightened the hose clamps just last week. I go to snug them up and yup - the top one was stripped a little. So, quickly popped on two new hose clamps as the little black ones Jagg supplied may look cool, but they are brittle, and then cleaned up everything outside before the forecasted rain storms over the next few days.

18921 - 18940 of 19721 Posts