Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
19181 - 19200 of 19213 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
thanks to the recommendation from craigffb, i ordered a memphis shades 6.5 shield. i gotta admit, this thing is much better built than my lrs. it is thicker and fits better. it's about 1-1/2 shorter than my lrs, and has a bit more recurve to it. i did notice on my ride to work this morning that i get more wind in my face, but it isn't bad, the majority of it hits the top of my helmet. the wind is high enough that it isn't trying to rip my helmet off my head. no appreciable increase in buffetting. looking forward to making some longer trips with it to fully test it out. it does look good though.

thanks craig!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Vehicle Hood Light Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Car Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Damn - did you ask anyone? I have a 6.5 - that exact same Memphis Shades just sitting here (along with a windvest, a stock 2020 RGS one, and that tall 14" HD one) and it could have been yours. (Offer not extended to just anyone)

Oh well.....

Looks great and you will enjoy it.

thanks to the recommendation from craigffb, i ordered a memphis shades 6.5 shield. i gotta admit, this thing is much better built than my lrs. it is thicker and fits better.

·
Super Moderator
5,986 Posts
thanks to the recommendation from craigffb, i ordered a memphis shades 6.5 shield. i gotta admit, this thing is much better built than my lrs. it is thicker and fits better. it's about 1-1/2 shorter than my lrs, and has a bit more recurve to it. i did notice on my ride to work this morning that i get more wind in my face, but it isn't bad, the majority of it hits the top of my helmet. the wind is high enough that it isn't trying to rip my helmet off my head. no appreciable increase in buffetting. looking forward to making some longer trips with it to fully test it out. it does look good though.

thanks craig!

View attachment 449026
View attachment 449027
View attachment 449025
It’s a great shield. I’m glad you’re happy with it so far.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rode down Old US 1 between New Hill and Moncure NC on the way to breakfast in Colon NC. Yes, Colon.

That stretch of road is arguably the bumpiest stretch of “highway” in NC. Holy crap. It turned the contents of my saddlebags into an omelette.

I immediately ordered a set of Ohlins rear shocks when I got home.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Stage II, RS-1, 2013 RGU, FM 110, Super Shox (rear)/Pro-Action (fork kit),
175 Posts
Last night I installed my SuperShox remote’s Brian just finished. Rode to Custer SD this morning and smooth as silk on the highway. Compression set to 1 then 2. Preload was set and after the shocks settle I’ll reset the sag again. Putting them trough their paces this weekend.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Switched over to the stock exhaust system from a 2018 CVO Road Glide on my 2020. The cat has been removed from the header and we plan to put Fullsac baffles in the stock mufflers. The Rineharts are place holders for now until those come in. I love the clean stock look compared to my Billet Cat, which was rusting out and looked terrible. Now the bike looks new again even though it has 92,000 miles! View attachment 447223
Great looking sled brother.
👍🏻

·
Registered
200 Posts
@bwh213

Took a few pics this morning and did some measuring. The only thing I noticed, or actually remembered is that for the flat piece inside the sides of the top, I wish he'd used angle iron to help prevent that extension from moving.

View attachment 447825

FRONT 20 1/2" wide
View attachment 447826

SIDE 19" deep (17" between front & back uprights fits the Harley oil drip pan)
View attachment 447831

BACK 15 1/2" tall, may be different depending on your jacks reach
View attachment 447832
Gonna build me one. that’s a great idea thanks for sharing

·
Registered
412 Posts
Been on the road for a couple weeks working with some of my distributors in other states. Yesterday I was able to get YELLOWBIRD out and see some friends.

Although not very long or very far on my Ol Gal, she always seems to put nothing but smiles on my face.

Hell, I even kept her doing the legal speed limit!

Putting around town and going slow, something different but enjoyable non the less...

YB

19181 - 19200 of 19213 Posts