Road Glide banner
19201 - 19220 of 19450 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
Installed the DK Customs 1-1/2 tank lift kit. It’s supposed to make the bike run a little cooler because more air hitting the heads. It definitely makes the lines on the fairing and gas tank line up better.

·
Registered
2011 Road Glide Ultra
247 Posts
So did the Hogworkz Headlights and Blinkers, no issues. Then added the tail light, no issues.

Added the rear lights last night and instantly had hyperflash... it blinks normally for a few then fast. No big deal, or so I thought.

FF to this mornings ride to work... the red security light comes on right after starting the bike. Thought maybe the fob battery is going dead. Pulled over, restarted, and within a minute it's back on again.

So.... looks like I'll need a Load Equalizer. Gonna call the local HD dealer when they open and see how much they want, they carry Custom Dynamics. I'll either shoot over there after work or order from Revzilla, it's $85/otd there. If that doesn't fix it I'll pull the rear LED bulbs and see if that's it or not.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22 Road Glide
304 Posts
I think there is a way to Re learn the lights, can’t remember it off the top of my head. May try that. It is here on this forum and I think in the mannnwell.

·
Premium Member
22 Road Glide
304 Posts
Just saw the year (2011) of your bike in your sig. Looks like you will have to get the load equalizer after all.

Pre can-bus

TSSM models include:
  • 2001 - 2010 Softail models
  • 2001 - 2011 Dyna models
  • 2001 - 2013 Sportster/Touring/Trike models
If you are experiencing a rapid flash on your turn signal indicators and red security key light on the dash of your Harley Davidson with a TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal Module/Turn Signal Security Module) after converting OEM turn signals to Custom Dynamics LEDs, you will need to install a Signal Stabilizer/Load Equalizer and then perform the TSSM Turn Signal Sync to get the turn signal indicators to flash at the normal flash rate.
Standard Reset Procedure
  1. Turn ignition on, but do not start the bike.
  2. Turn on the RIGHT side turn signal and let it flash 2 times.
  3. Turn on the LEFT side turn signal and let it flash 2 times.
  4. Turn on the RIGHT side turn signal again and let flash a minimum of 10 times.
  5. Turn the ignition key off and then back on.
  6. Check the function of the turn signals. If rapid flash on the turn signals continues, follow the second procedure.
Secondary Reset (If Needed)
  1. Turn ignition on, but do not start the bike.
  2. Turn on the RIGHT side turn signal and let it flash 2 times.
  3. Turn on the LEFT side turn signal and let it flash 2 times.
  4. Turn on the RIGHT side turn signal again and let flash a minimum of 10 times.
  5. Turn on the LEFT side turn signal again and let flash a minimum of 10 times.
  6. Turn the ignition key off and then back on.
  7. Check the function of the turn signals.
Harley-Davidson CanBUS models include the following:
  • 2011 - Current Softail models
  • 2012 - Current Dyna models
  • 2014 - All models except for Vrod are converted to CanBUS

If you are experiencing a rapid flash on your turn signal indicators and red security light on the dash of your CanBUS Harley Davidson after converting the OEM turn signals to Custom Dynamics LEDs, you will need to perform the BCM Turn Signal Sync to get the turn signal indicators to flash at the normal flash rate.
Standard Turn Signal Sync Procedure
  1. Turn Ignition on, but do not start the bike.
  2. Turn on 4 way hazards by pressing the hazard button on the controls. Note: DO NOT press both turn signal switch's at the same time. That is the way the hazards activate on PRE CANBUS bikes.
  3. Turn the Ignition off letting hazards run. IF the bike has security they will flash 5 or 6 times and then pause. This is normal. They will go back to flashing normal hazard mode.
  4. Let hazards run 1-2 minutes.
  5. Turn Ignition back on.
  6. Turn off hazards.
  7. Turn Ignition off and then back on.
  8. Check function of both turn signals.

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,007 Posts
No idea what you're talking about TBH. I've read through the manual and don't recall anything about it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
If You have a 2011 Glide then You will definitely need a Load Equalizer if Running LED's on all four turn signals.
You can remove one set until You get a Load Equalizer and Your lights should return to normal for the time being.
Best of Luck.
Mike U.

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
2022 ST, 14" mini apes, Reinhart DBX, SE Ohlins, HD Ventilator AC
82 Posts
I bought it. Came over from an Ultra Ltd. Never thought I would convert, but here I am. 22 ST. Bad pic, but it's raining out. Only thing I'm not loving is the Heavy Breather. Interferes with my right leg braking. Already extended floorboards and put a SoftBrake +1W. Helps a little, but a Ventilator might be in my future.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
227 Posts
I bought it. Came over from an Ultra Ltd. Never thought I would convert, but here I am. 22 ST. Bad pic, but it's raining out. Only thing I'm not loving is the Heavy Breather. Interferes with my right leg braking. Already extended floorboards and put a SoftBrake +1W. Helps a little, but a Ventilator might be in my future.
I ran one of these extended brake pedal pads with a Street Glide 107. That air cleaner got in my way too.

·
Premium Member
22 Road Glide
304 Posts
Pulled the ram/rokform mount off the windscreen and moved it back to the handlebars. Lot of vibration from the wind. Also routed a cable for the CarPlay from the cubby to the handlebars.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looked at it, thought "damn, I really need to wash that" because. the back is now brown. Then took it for a ride to the "Bus Depot Markets", which is a local market that does all kinds of fancy hand made stuff. Picked up some coasters and candles. Followed by brunch at the lake. Canberra is a lovely place on a spring weekend.
Then put it away, looked at the old Sporty and decided to put it back onto the road. Need to make up a new right rear wheel spacer, get the sump emptied, oil tank filled and give it a little Italian tune up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looked at it, thought "damn, I really need to wash that" because. the back is now brown. Then took it for a ride to the "Bus Depot Markets", which is a local market that does all kinds of fancy hand made stuff. Picked up some coasters and candles. Followed by brunch at the lake. Canberra is a lovely place on a spring weekend.
Then put it away, looked at the old Sporty and decided to put it back onto the road. Need to make up a new right rear wheel spacer, get the sump emptied, oil tank filled and give it a little Italian tune up.
Well, just finished with the bikes.
After 12 months off the road, Sporty is back on the road. A quick 30 mile ride around town reminded me of why I don't plan on selling it. First gear tops to at nearly 60mph, more power that the RG, much lighter and corners a lot faster. Also why I love the RG, because it shakes too much, the seat is too hard, the suspension is too harsh and it is too loud. Road Glide is far more comfortable.
Gave the bikes a wash afterwards as well.

19201 - 19220 of 19450 Posts