Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Dont know much about audio-I am in the process of doing handle bars and figure while I have everything apart I should upgrade stereo right away-I currently have vintage 2001 stock speakers with super sweet stock tape deck stereo-looking for some speakers to put in-if thats worth it- or deck and speakers if I need to but money is a issue cause of the rest of stuff I am doing. Talked to J&M but they stopped communicating-they said I could not use the 7.25? speaker in my bike-not looking to add more speakers in bags or anything-thanks in advanced for any help!- I am definetely electrically challenged!

·
Registered
209 Posts
This is good news guys. ultraNutZ is now on the forum. This dude knows audio like I've never seen before.
Thanks powerstroke219 appreciate the pat on the back.. problem is I'm not very familiar with the RG fairings and I'm starting to get guys who want me to install "stuff" for them so I need to get my head out from under the batwing pillow and familiarize myself with your world. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks powerstroke219 appreciate the pat on the back.. problem is I'm not very familiar with the RG fairings and I'm starting to get guys who want me to install "stuff" for them so I need to get my head out from under the batwing pillow and familiarize myself with your world. :)
No worries, your technical audio knowledge will be plenty appreciated. One can't ask for any more from someone who has a batwing and is just here to contribute what they can.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know if I can put a newer head unit in place of my original-found a used one from a 2012 RG for $400 on CL, would wires just plug in or would I have to re-wire everything??

·
Registered
291 Posts
I guess I would ask if you use the CB or the intercomm system on your bike. If the answer is no I wouldn't pay $400 for a HD radio. There are tons of radio's out there that you can use to replace your old one. One thing to insure is that it has steering wheel control so you can use the stock handle bar controls. Someone mentioned Biketronics already and they are great site for some info on radio's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts