Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked around a bit and don't see much on this topic, I have used the HD lube pen they sell but was wondering on how much? And if anyone uses anything better, installed a new clutch cable from drag specialties and says its pre-lubed with Teflon, feels a little hard but could be cause its new, any info greatly appreciated, Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
The new style clutch cables are Teflon lined and there is no need to lube them at all even though it still tell you to in the manual.
I am still on the original clutch cable on my 08 and I NEVER lubed it and it works just like new.
Lube in the clutch cable will just catch dirt and cause premature cable failure.

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
I've never lubed the cable, even when the stock cable was on. Never had a problem and I'd agree with ironmark. you're gonna attract dirt and grime with the lube. I wouldn't worry about the lube

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, thanks ironmark, you are a very knowledgeable person,all info is much appreciated.:D

·
Registered
745 Posts
Dri-Slide

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Inox

1 - 7 of 7 Posts