Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have full face helmets so don’t have a set of goggles or glasses for riding. I do have some safety glasses with the dust shield but they are not specific for riding. I’m looking to get an open face helmet before the Summer. So I’ll be in need of a set of goggles or glasses. A couple sets more than likely.

I see there are a ton of different options. Fox racing, Oakley, Harley, Bobster. Not concerned about cost if it is “the best” or “highly rated”.

So curious what you all are wearing.

· Premium Member
6,097 Posts
I ride with Oakley sunglasses during the day and no-name riding glasses at night that have padding on the inside, I find the padding helps cut down on the wind at night.

· Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've always wore WileyX, Echo or Jet. Unfortunately both models have been discontinued and are getting harder and harder to find. WileyX/Harley brand, highly recommended. You can even find cheap replacement lenses.
Do you have the Wiley X with the dust guard? the Climate Control model? if so, does it block the wind while riding?

· Registered
2019 RGS
6,567 Posts
I also run a FF 90% of the time. Usually I just wear my prescription Oakleys that look like the old school Bikers Shades. Black frame. But I do have what has to be the best riding sunglasses. I Beams. They’re aluminum frame and about zero wind comes around them. Guy at Gettysburg bike week was selling them. 110 bucks a pair. If I did like them bring them back deal. Ducking love them. Out of the 12 couples that go 8 of the guys bought a pair and then he gave me another pair for free. Seen him the next year but never after that. Had to be 10’years ago. When I just bought the Fatboy. The Oakleys didn’t cut it. Pulled them out and yep. Still perfectly fine.
These are almost exactly what I have. Double the price. But if they worked like mine do. I’d pay it. Shit. I paid more than that for the transition shield on my RF1200.

· Registered
888 Posts
Wiley X myself, not with the foam, tried a pair on, felt like I had a pair of blinders on, didn’t care for them. Wife has a pair with the foam, she likes them, says they work with her wearing contacts. Had them for about 10 years, still like new. Should have added, these have been the only glasses I’ve worn in the rain that kept the water out of my eyes. Don’t swim, so hate water in the eyes !

· Registered
115 Posts
I have a slightly different problem. I wear prescription progressive lens glasses under goggles. The problem is the goggles press against my glasses hurting my nose. I’m looking for a pair of prescription progressive glasses I can ride with.

· Registered
2011 Road Glide Ultra
253 Posts
I wear contacts and have a large/wide head, so I generally look for something that has the seal around the frames, polarized, and minimal gaps around my eyes. I can't remember the brand but my local HD dealers sell this Veteran owned brand I like a lot, for $20/set. I keep a spare set of dark/clear in the tour pack and a set in the glove boxes so I can swap them while I ride.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
2,208 Posts
Ray-Bans Baby!!!!

I have two different types of sunglasses that I wear, my mirror glasses I wear with a shielded helmet, the black wraparounds I wear when I'm not wearing a helmet or shielded helmet, I have found both pair to be as important, the wire frames keep the back of your ears from hurting, from where the helmet presses inward, and the black frames wrap around nicely to keep wind away from your eyeballs.
Glasses Vision care Goggles Sunglasses Eye glass accessory
Glasses Vision care Goggles Eye glass accessory Wood
Gadget Eyewear Camera accessory Wood Tints and shades

· Registered
121 Posts
Oh my Softail, I run WileyX with foam, but I wear a pair of Z87 sunglasses on my RG since I have the windshield to keep me from tearing up. I have a big noggin, and I found Detour sunglasses makes a line that is good big heads, so I run them.

· Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
5,748 Posts
I wear cheap polarized glasses that I order online for about $5 per pair. I buy 4 pair every season as I will inevitably scratch or break them. I also have some photochromatic ones in the exact frame for when I leave late afternoon and don't want to swap into clear lensed glasses. I have a large melon, it isn't easy to find glasses that don't pinch my temples, so I stick with what I know works and is comfortable.

· Another ICON
13,707 Posts
I wear my regular glasses, I sometimes use “Frog Spit” to keep them from fogging or to repel rain.

Reactions: Stoic Joker

· Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
5,748 Posts
I also run a FF 90% of the time. Usually I just wear my prescription Oakleys that look like the old school Bikers Shades. Black frame. But I do have what has to be the best riding sunglasses. I Beams. They’re aluminum frame and about zero wind comes around them. Guy at Gettysburg bike week was selling them. 110 bucks a pair. If I did like them bring them back deal. Ducking love them. Out of the 12 couples that go 8 of the guys bought a pair and then he gave me another pair for free. Seen him the next year but never after that. Had to be 10’years ago. When I just bought the Fatboy. The Oakleys didn’t cut it. Pulled them out and yep. Still perfectly fine.
These are almost exactly what I have. Double the price. But if they worked like mine do. I’d pay it. Shit. I paid more than that for the transition shield on my RF1200.
I looked these up and they cost $360 up north here. Ouch. I'll stick to my $5 pairs. lol.

· Registered
512 Posts
I have an XL head shape and need long earpieces. Wiley X no foam in the sun and Milwaukee clear safety glasses in the shade or at night. They look pretty much like the Wiley X’s.

Back years ago before Bausch and Lomb was sold and the sizes changed I wore the large size of Ray-ban Wayfarers. They had a wider nose bridge and longer earpieces but they don’t seem to make that size anymore.

· Registered
324 Posts
Wiley X SG-1. I like that they can be used as glasses or goggles, they keep the wind out fairly well and replacement lenses are pretty cheap. I have a pair with dark lenses and a pair with clear lenses for 24 hour riding.

· Registered
3,127 Posts
I wear my Costa polarized during the daylight and a cheap pair of clear safety glasses I get from work at night.

Reactions: ALMOONEY
1 - 20 of 48 Posts