What's everybody suggestions?
I've heard of...
LED
Day Maker

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I put these on from SoCalMotorGear on my 13 RGU and loved them. I see they have a slightly cheaper newer version about to come out on their website.

Harley Road Glide HID kit

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ordered a set of duel 90/w LED headlamp assembly. E-bay $132.00

·
Registered
498 Posts
Those fuel Moto lights make your bike look surprised

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$50.00
That's per bulb.
Is it just the bulb change out or the whole headlight bezel?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I like this set up better!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'd recommend the Chicom Ebay Daymakers, I have the real Harley Davidson Daymakers and bought them right when they came out! Makes a HUGE difference in night riding, you'll be able to see EVERYTHING! Better projection with these Chicom Bezel than swapping bulbs out to LED versions.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
I'd recommend the Chicom Ebay Daymakers, I have the real Harley Davidson Daymakers and bought them right when they came out! Makes a HUGE difference in night riding, you'll be able to see EVERYTHING! Better projection with these Chicom Bezel than swapping bulbs out to LED versions.
I don't know as I never had the daymakers but a few of my buddies have the fake daymakers and alway comment on how bright my Fuelmoto LED's are

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check out Stark LED's on Amazon. I run them in my F150 and my wife's impala. Had them in my previous bike. Have yet to change over to my RG yet but will be soon. Run about 34.00 per bulb. I do agree they are incredibly bright and light up on the sides as well. However distant projection is compromised a bit from traditional halogens like Ultrastars

·
Registered
132 Posts
I tried the Starks, but replaced them with something even better.

LED 9003 Bulbs - Daymaker Performance on the CHEAP!

Equally bright with a much better pattern. I like them better than the stock LEDs on my '16. One of these days, I'll have to shine them both up on my garage door to demonstrate.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I don't know as I never had the daymakers but a few of my buddies have the fake daymakers and alway comment on how bright my Fuelmoto LED's are
They're bright because you're running a LED bulb in a non projector style housing causing light to splatter in every direction instead of focusing it down the road lol. The Chicom LED are in a projector style lens focusing all the light output in the direction you need it lol.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
They're bright because you're running a LED bulb in a non projector style housing causing light to splatter in every direction instead of focusing it down the road lol. The Chicom LED are in a projector style lens focusing all the light output in the direction you need it lol.
Whatever the case may be, I have more than ample light in the direction I need. And again my buddies always say they are brighter than the fake daymakers

·
Registered
132 Posts
That was the issue I was having with the Starks. They have a triangular emitter pattern (as do the Fuelmotos) that does not resemble the original incandescent bulbs at all.

However, the ones I replaced them with...

On eBay:
2x H4 HB2 9003 180W CSP LED Headlight Kit Hi-Low Beam 6500K Bulbs 18000lm Lamp
Probably equivalent to these on Amazon:
NIGHTEYE H4 LED Headlight Conversion Driving lamp Bulbs 6500K Cool White 50W 8000LM Hi/Lo Beam

...more closely resemble the incandescent bulb filaments they are replacing and give a near-perfect beam pattern. As I've said, I like them better than the stock headlights on my Rushmore shark.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My LED lights came in a few days ago.....
NO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!
Any one help out..... Why is there only one black comb looking thing where does it go?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
My LED lights came in a few days ago.....
NO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!
Any one help out..... Why is there only one black comb looking thing where does it go?
Thanks.
What LED's did you get? What year is your bike? Ok nevermind. I see its an 08. No matter what you got the fairing has to come off

1 - 20 of 23 Posts