Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is so many threads on what head units people have put in there bikes, it would be nice to just have a thread of what head unit you put in your bike and pro's and con's of the radio so far, i want to get rid of the HK but there are so many choices I don't want to buy the wrong one and regret it. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Friend of mine just installed a Sony 660UP in his 2013 trike. He's pretty happy with it. I'm now leaning toward the same Sony or go big and get the Pioneer Deh 80 PRS. The Pioneer is pretty crazy. 2 rear usbs and a SD card spot under the facee among other things. Sony $110 Pioneer $270

·
Registered
400 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
'Sent the HK to Iron Cross Audio for f/r preamp outs, rear aux and switched headphone jack. I am very satisfied! No cons so far...

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
today: ms-60
pros: simpler menus, inside tray, daylight visible
cons: blue light

have had
DSX-310 ( similar to the 210/100 )
pros: cool red black menus, 7 band EQ
cons: complex menus, answered my phone once

next up:
Alpine UTE-42BT
pros: menus similar to the ms60, simple, no blue light, inexpensive, rain cover will fit better
cons: menus will be harder to read in the sun

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Sony btx CD player
cons skipped a lot with the vibration of the bike
Pros CD Player and sounded great when it wasn't skipping (parked)

Sony Dsx s200
Pros iPod tray, no cd, no skipping blue or red lighting
Cons: none really

Sony Dsx s210 currently running,
Pros/cons see above

Sony double din: next on the list :D

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Kenwood KDC-x897

Pros:
Front & Rear USB port, Front Aux port, Bluetooth, Pandora, Sirus, Aha Radio, Heart radio, CD, iPod/iPhone controlled, Mutli-line display, Multi-color illumination selections, 4x22w RMS, Remote, compatible for HD hand controls, Detachable Face & more.

Cons:
Only one, not being waterproof, but I have a cover for it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ive had the Alpine CDE143BT and now the Pioneer 5500 indash. They are both great units with bluetooth, usb, and aux plugs. Downside is the alpine is hard to read in the daylight. A few buddies have the Kenwood decks and you can reverse the display light and see them great during the day.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
how is the vision in day light?
It's show great, I selected the yellow illumination to match my bike (due to it being yellow is not as bright during the day) but all the other color are real bright. Also remember, your seat height as well you your body height will play a factor on the angle on which you view the headunit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What head units have a display that is easily read in direct sun light? Im running a JVC and have to stand up to see the display during the day. At night its no problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kenwood KDC-x897

Pros:
, compatible for HD hand controls, Detachable Face & more.
I installed this head unit today using Biketronics BT 1005 cannot get any HD hand control response.
Have I got the wrong kit or am I missing something/
any help appreciated.
cheers
max

·
Registered
51 Posts
ok thanks for that if I don't have any joy trying different options I may have to change over to the hawg wired, which one did you use?
It's a nice head unit though

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I installed this head unit today using Biketronics BT 1005 cannot get any HD hand control response.
Have I got the wrong kit or am I missing something/
any help appreciated.
cheers
max
Do you have eveything wired correctly. You have the blue/yellow stripe wire attached to the blue wire on the Kenwood. Right. With some of these controllers you have to ground a wire from your harley switch housing. Ive got the Bt-1005 instructions, I'll look tonight

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Kenwood KDC-x897

Pros:
Front & Rear USB port, Front Aux port, Bluetooth, Pandora, Sirus, Aha Radio, Heart radio, CD, iPod/iPhone controlled, Mutli-line display, Multi-color illumination selections, 4x22w RMS, Remote, compatible for HD hand controls, Detachable Face & more.

Cons:
Only one, not being waterproof, but I have a cover for it.

Do you need any add ons for the features?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do you have eveything wired correctly. You have the blue/yellow stripe wire attached to the blue wire on the Kenwood. Right. With some of these controllers you have to ground a wire from your harley switch housing. Ive got the Bt-1005 instructions, I'll look tonight
NO I have blue/yellow on BT connected to clue/yellow on KW. The only blue only wire on KW is ant cont
every wire on BT connects to KW wires of same color, the only BT wire not connected is the black with the rca type jack which is all as per BT instructions

1 - 20 of 34 Posts