Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered CFR exhaust and was wondering what headers to run on the bike. I definitely will run a 2/1/2 set up. Thinking possibly S&S power tune duals? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Just ordered CFR exhaust and was wondering what headers to run on the bike. I definitely will run a 2/1/2 set up. Thinking possibly S&S power tune duals? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I ran my CFR's with the Fullsac 2-1-2 header

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Who tuned it? What fuel controller? Did they get all the decel pop out? I too am upgrading the cat-less stock head pipe this winter and not sure what pipe I want to use. Looking forward to hearing what others are using. Thanks.
Bob @ RC Cycles in Hayward, CA used TTS. Never had a Decel pop to take out and no torque dip to take out either

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'm running Drago head pipes with my CFR's makes the bike sound like a 60's muscle car! I have other buddies who have CFR's paired with Cobra head pipes which make the CFR's sound blatty and my other buddy has the Fuel Moto 2 into 1 into 2 corssover pipe which sounds muffled. The Drago head pipes also has a full diameter crossunder tube that other brands give you a crushed up piece like the factory one. I'll also say that I'm selling my black Drago true dual head pipes and black CFR mufflers, only reason is that I picked up a 2 into 1 exhaust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx. I'll have to check out the full sac and drago options. Any thoughts on tuners? I would like to try installing and tuning myself if possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have is S&S header. If you go that route, you will not be disappointed. Was going to get the Vance Hines power duels but the dealership suggested the S&S headpipe. Saw one on another bike. That sold me. Very happy with sound and looks. Went with Vance Hines high output 4.5 slip ons as well.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thx. I'll have to check out the full sac and drago options. Any thoughts on tuners? I would like to try installing and tuning myself if possible.
Use what your dyno guy recommends, def don't wanna buy something he's not familiar with. I'm running the screaming eagle race tuner, it's great, and many dyno guys are familiar with it and like it because you can adjust almost everything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Who tuned it? What fuel controller? Did they get all the decel pop out? I too am upgrading the cat-less stock head pipe this winter and not sure what pipe I want to use. Looking forward to hearing what others are using. Thanks.
Bob @ RC Cycles in Hayward, CA used TTS. Never had a Decel pop to take out and no torque dip to take out either

This is the exact set-up that I'm looking into doing... Fulsac dx pipe and CFR slip-ons with TTS Tuner... Could u give me a little more feedback on ur thoughts about the combination??

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am running Khrome Werks true duals with my CFRs and I am very happy with the sound and performance. Very deep sound with a nice snap when you roll into the throttle. Khrome Werks Cross Under Power Headers - Iron Aces Speed Shop

I purchased the 09 and up version which has both sets of oxygen sensor ports. I paired this with a ThunderMax tuner using the upper 19mm oxygen sensor ports. I've been very happy with this combination.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Tuner suggestions??
See what your dyno guy suggests, most harley dealers always use the screaming eagle race tuner, that's what i went with. Get something that your dyno guy knows how to use and is familiar with. Don't make him struggle to learn a new piece of equipment while tuning your bike.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
This is the exact set-up that I'm looking into doing... Fulsac dx pipe and CFR slip-ons with TTS Tuner... Could u give me a little more feedback on ur thoughts about the combination??
Spy daddy, I answered your PM. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Vance and Hines power duals with CFR's here. Screamin Eagle race tuner and dyno tuned. Sounds fantastic, no decel popping. Very responsive. Always get compliments wherever I go, people ask if I have a 120R motor because of how mean it sounds, nope just 103 :D

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I run the Cobra Power ports on my bike but one of my riding partners has the Power Duals. His bike is deeper and throatier for sure. His stage 4 build certainly helps but the Power Duals give a deeper tone. My bike had these pipes on it when I bought it and I'm gonna change them.

Drew

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have the Dragos head pipe with CFRs and love them I have TTS software and would do it again. I also have Dragos 565 cams that I'll be installing in the very near future.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had the CFR's with a 2-1-2 and IMO I would only go with a true dual 2-2 header. This will give you the best sound. The CFR's are on the bottom of the scale for performance of any muffler so why go with a 2-1-2 anyway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts