Road Glide banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little list of the things that stood out.
Sorry in advance for those who won’t understand all of these, they are inside jokes. Even more reason you should have been there!...lol
*Roads in Gettysburg SUCK!!
*Although I don’t drink, purchasing beer in Gettysburg is just plain crazy.
*Diabetic grandmas...(sorry, had to go there)LMAO!!
*If ya wanna have fun at dinner, don’t do it so loudly that the table next to yours hears you & gets a little upset. Thats what happens when ya sit next to the delinquents!
*Hgwldrcp thinks my headlights are bright.
*Chairs stick to floors and then fall down
*Peter has calluses on his hands
*The service dept at Battlefield HD SUCKS!! And thanks to Dmize for not getting a shirt in protest!
*Last but certainly not least, I just have to say what an awesome time we had. Meeting everyone, putting faces to screen names, getting to see all the different personalities and all the badass RG's was just the best.
I sometimes tell new members that the forum is terrific and that the members here are even better. That was affirmed by the time we all got to spend together these last few days. You guys are truly an awesome bunch and I cant say a negative thing about anyone. Everyone was willing to lend a hand if needed and was genuinely concerned for each other. I definitely walked away with some new friends. And I cannot wait for next year!
Thank you to everyone who helped make this a total success!

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Some things I learned. As this was my first real bike trip, a few newbie mistakes...

• Don't forget to put on the Sunblock.
  • If you store your music CD's in the saddlebags, they get ruined by the heat from the exhaust (I can make more).
  • Don't forget the chapstick.
  • Expect to meet new friends along the way.
  • I need more music.
  • I had more fun in 5 days than I have had in a real long time (I need more vacations :rolleyes:)
  • Local people know the best places to ride and eat.
  • Antietam may have had a larger impact on our nations history than Gettysburg.

There is probably more, I'll update this as I think of them.
I think your headlights are bright. I had HID's for a while, but the ones I had did not really fit, stuck out too far in back, so I had to swap them out.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
My list is long but I'll start with the ones that stand out the most.

* My bike needs a reverse gear.
* I have to let my wife know how long the days ride will be in advance.
* Being taught how to pick up a dropped Bat Wing, in the hotel parking lot at 1 AM, twice. Funniest sh-t ever.........
* NANNER PUDDIN ( hey FrankieB ,you have to give me the recipe again ) :D:D

·
Administrator
1,897 Posts
What I learned

- Trying to get everyone to do something is like herding cats

- Stoney Creek Road is named Stoney Creek Road for a very good reason

- Cobble stone/Brick roads are to be avoided with groups. Even if it is part of the Lincoln Highway. :rolleyes:

- Cleveland Brown Fans are okay... at times. Sorry Dmize! :D

- Gatherings like these are about socializing. Shorter rides...YES. One longer ride like Skyline Drive (about 350) is okay if it is scenic. We all get enough riding coming and going it turns out.

·
Administrator
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My list is long but I'll start with the ones that stand out the most.

* NANNER PUDDIN ( hey FrankieB ,you have to give me the recipe again ) :D:D
:p I'll be sure he gets that to you right away!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Here's my short list

* Next time stay at the same hotel :)
* Girls are happy to see other girls at Shark Week
* Not cool to walk around with your helmet on your head drinking a quick beer before hitting the road..people notice this and WILL point it out the next day!
* Don't show your calluses to other riders ;) people might overhear..lol
* Be prepared for some good natured ribbing if you wear a purple'ish HD T-Shirt from Kentucky even if it has a skull on it...GAY! I still like it
* Better the Chair than the Bike ;P
* Parking on Sidewalks not a good idea - Or so LEO's think
* SinceCrazy does bring his Clown Make-Up with him (Attached Proof!)

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
* Next time stay at the same hotel :)
I would agree. Only reason I did not was I got the room free.

* Girls are happy to see other girls at Shark Week
Guy are happy to see girls at Shark Week

* Not cool to walk around with your helmet on your head drinking a quick beer before hitting the road..people notice this and WILL point it out the next day!
Hey, at least the LEO's did not see you...

* Don't show your calluses to other riders ;) people might overhear..lol
Keep it to calluses and all will be ok

* Be prepared for some good natured ribbing if you wear a purple'ish HD T-Shirt from Kentucky even if it has a skull on it...GAY! I still like it
Yeah, mine was Black, and had a Beaver on it :cool:

* Better the Chair than the Bike ;P
Amen

* Parking on Sidewalks not a good idea - Or so LEO's think
At least you were not passed out on the sidewalk when they found you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wish I still had my RG. Time to buy another one and join you on the next gathering. Sounds like you had fun! Nice bikes guys!

·
Registered
97 Posts
My observations and my second REAL multi day road trip on the bike.

- It is amazing what the wife can pack into HD soft luggage.
- Fill up with fuel every nite.
- Make the next days plans in advance so you and your buddy are in the same ride.
- A wife on the back is the new definition of "Back Seat Driver".
- Don't believe what the iphone nav program tells you (see above).
- RED LIGHTS!!!, in WV we have whole counties that don't even have one, let alone ones that are red for ever and then green for three seconds. (Going to the Pike for dinner).
- Traffic sux.
- It is amazing what the wife can pack into HD soft luggage. (so impressed it needed repeating)

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
My observations and my second REAL multi day road trip on the bike.

- It is amazing what the wife can pack into HD soft luggage.
- Fill up with fuel every nite.
- Make the next days plans in advance so you and your buddy are in the same ride.
- A wife on the back is the new definition of "Back Seat Driver".
- Don't believe what the iphone nav program tells you (see above).
- RED LIGHTS!!!, in WV we have whole counties that don't even have one, let alone ones that are red for ever and then green for three seconds. (Going to the Pike for dinner).
- Traffic sux.
- It is amazing what the wife can pack into HD soft luggage. (so impressed it needed repeating)
I should have added this to my list as well...lol
- It is amazing what the GF can pack into Hard Bags and T-Bag.

·
Registered
428 Posts
- Trying to get everyone to do something is like herding cats

- Stoney Creek Road is named Stoney Creek Road for a very good reason

- Cobble stone/Brick roads are to be avoided with groups. Even if it is part of the Lincoln Highway. :rolleyes:

- Cleveland Brown Fans are okay... at times. Sorry Dmize! :D

- Gatherings like these are about socializing. Shorter rides...YES. One longer ride like Skyline Drive (about 350) is okay if it is scenic. We all get enough riding coming and going it turns out.
All of these are great I just got tickled at the herding cats remark that's funny :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
I should have added this to my list as well...lol
- It is amazing what the GF can pack into Hard Bags and T-Bag.
I think the ultra conversion is calling.......

I learned that shark riders are a different breed or rather they come from a different skool
- people were quick to help each other
- everyone knew how to ride in a group
- no one got stupid or made you feel like an idiot for wearing a helmet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Helmet wearing is OK
Everyone has different bars
people get by without tourpaks
you will find every road construction route
Lots of laughing
must have new TP hinges
dropping 50 dollars on windshield tickets works!
Canadians are cool and have to spend 30% more than we do in the states

You are sorry you missed it!

·
Administrator
2,915 Posts
A few from me:
  • Dinner at 7:00 really means dinner at 6:30
  • Breakfast at 7:30 really means breakfast at 8:30
  • Delaware is farther away than you might think
  • Some people from Cleveland are actually pretty cool
  • The quality and thrill of clean undies and socks cannot be overstated
  • If you ride a Road Glide, it is highly likely that your name is either Jim, Tim, or Ken.

·
Registered
644 Posts
- no one got stupid or made you feel like an idiot for wearing a helmet.
... or a Hi-Viz jacket. Thank You!

I learned
- the organizers are flexible and willing to alter the plans for everyone's benefit.
- hanging out at the hotel is more fun than I anticipated.
- we need to increase the number of women riders. (Might not happen. My wife says it's more of a nerd's bike.) (BTW I like women nerds, too.)
- I don't have enough money to add the things I saw and liked on other bikes.
- I knew it already, but Chis mentioned the Lincoln Highway also goes from Pittsburgh to Illinois and Iowa. (Don't know how many brick sections are left, but I'll bet Chris knows where all the gravel sections are and will try to take us there.)
- small restaurants on Rte. 30 would like to have more advance notice when 25 people are stopping for lunch.
- options are good and necessary, even if one of the options is to stay at the hotel and do nothing.
- $5 worth of tickets doesn't win you anything.
- I need to make the camera mount work on the RG. There were many scenes I'd like to have captured while rolling.

·
Administrator
1,897 Posts
.Chis mentioned the Lincoln Highway also goes from Pittsburgh to Illinois and Iowa. (Don't know how many brick sections are left, but I'll bet Chris knows where all the gravel sections are and will try to take us there.

Funny you say that Tim because here is a great image from Westside, Iowa. It is the highest elevation on the Lincoln Highway and is an original alignment that was never paved.

Lots of fun and be ready to clean your bike after this segment. It is pretty long. Are you up for it? I am ready to go now.

·
Registered
428 Posts
... or a Hi-Viz jacket. Thank You!

I learned
- the organizers are flexible and willing to alter the plans for everyone's benefit.
- hanging out at the hotel is more fun than I anticipated.
- we need to increase the number of women riders. (Might not happen. My wife says it's more of a nerd's bike.) (BTW I like women nerds, too.)
- I don't have enough money to add the things I saw and liked on other bikes.
- I knew it already, but Chis mentioned the Lincoln Highway also goes from Pittsburgh to Illinois and Iowa. (Don't know how many brick sections are left, but I'll bet Chris knows where all the gravel sections are and will try to take us there.)
- small restaurants on Rte. 30 would like to have more advance notice when 25 people are stopping for lunch.
- options are good and necessary, even if one of the options is to stay at the hotel and do nothing.
- $5 worth of tickets doesn't win you anything.
- I need to make the camera mount work on the RG. There were many scenes I'd like to have captured while rolling.
I agree! Hoping Shark week hits the west coast soon

·
Registered
644 Posts
Lots of fun and be ready to clean your bike after this segment. It is pretty long. Are you up for it? I am ready to go now.
Sure, but I need to get new tires and brake pads first.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
What I learned from Shark Week.....

It sucks being on the outside looking in.

I will try my darndest to make the next tho.

Sure, but I need to get new tires and brake pads first.
Yeh Tim, you're pretty much screwed where ever it is. You gotta drive about 200mi before you even get to the first east-west interstate. Guess that's what ya get for living where you have riding weather all year. lol :D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Things Ive learned:

- Canadians talk funny and pride themselves with gay shirts
- Group riding doesnt require any gear higher than 2nd.
- picnic tables and beer make your sides hurt
- sandwiches from Pastrami end up with soggy bread
- $3 to share a sandwich blows (lincoln ride)
- Animated people have the best stories
- sometimes an authoritive hand jesture will stop traffic
- Need a beer? How about a case?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.