Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do a DIY air ride and will need to mount compressor underneath the battery. I know most have done the 92C, but am thinking of the 98C because of a little better capacity. How are these attached so they don't move around? I see on the 98C they have an "Omega" bracket. Is this supposed to be better for mounting? Does anyone make a bracket for mounting these pumps under the seats?

Thanks,

1BadGlide

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Do you have ABS? I use the 92 compressor. I don't have ABS so I was able to mount it underneath the right side cover. There's a spot where the ABS stuff would be if I had it but being empty I just trimmed the plastic and clamped it upside down to the frame using 2 large stainless hose clamps. Doesn't move at all and it's easy to access when need be. This is a test fit pic but it fits perfectly so it stayed there[URL=http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/rlaf75/media/IMAG0117_zpsfvzp33q9.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Gray Beard
1,522 Posts
With abs you'll be mounting it behind the right saddlebag or in the fairing, if you intend to run an air gauge in the system id mount it in the fairing if you have room if no air gauge mount it behind the saddle bag to minimize your length of lines my 2 cents

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
89 Posts
SIC_26

What compressor is that and who makes the mounting bracket?

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
SIC_26

What compressor is that and who makes the mounting bracket?

It's the compressor that comes with the Arnott setups. The mount is from ShotGun $$$$$ LOL

If you interested in the mount let me know, it's just sitting in the box in the garage as I used that space under my bike to mount some other stuff :eek:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Mine is from arnott and i had to take the battery out and there is a space in front of the battery compartment that you shove the pump up into then I mounted the dump valve on the left side next to the fuze box. But if we get to a point this winter that it's to nasty to ride I'm going to make a mount and put it behind the saddle bag it gets way to hot where they have you mount it

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's the compressor that comes with the Arnott setups. The mount is from ShotGun $$$$$ LOL

If you interested in the mount let me know, it's just sitting in the box in the garage as I used that space under my bike to mount some other stuff :eek:
PM Sent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts