Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean the 11 mile stretch of the Dragon or that sort or ride, I mean long range like what our bikes are made for. I'm fortunate in that I live close to some very good if not best roads for bikers in my part of the world and have been on many of them.

I nominate the Skyline Drive -Blue Ridge Parkway -Cherohala Skyway continuum. It starts at Front Royal in Northern VA, passing through North Carolina, ending in Tellico Plains TN totaling over 600 miles of the nicest scenery and curvy roads on the East Coast.

I'm sure there are lots, I'd like to hear about some others so I can start planning which one to choose next.​

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I don't mean the 11 mile stretch of the Dragon or that sort or ride, I mean long range like what our bikes are made for. I'm fortunate in that I live close to some very good if not best roads for bikers in my part of the world and have been on many of them.​

I nominate the Skyline Drive -Blue Ridge Parkway -Cherohala Skyway continuum. It starts at Front Royal in Northern VA, passing through North Carolina, ending in Tellico Plains TN totaling over 600 miles of the nicest scenery and curvy roads on the East Coast.​

I'm sure there are lots, I'd like to hear about some others so I can start planning which one to choose next.​
I've lived in FL for the last 35 years or so but used to live CA... best MC road trip?

US HWY 101 from Ventura all the way to Seattle. Many, many interesting and different things to see and do including San Fransisco and many cool small towns plus ALL variations of costal terrain and vegatation.

·
Registered
248 Posts
1 of all 1s......Wy 14 from Worland to Buffalo though Ten Sleep.
1) West coast HWY 1 for lenght of ride and overall enjoyment (3 days)
2) Presidential PWY to Bear Tooth Pass to Red Lodge. Wonderful.
3) Black Hills
4) Sequoia
4) Rt. 66 east to west.
5) Rt. 66 west to east.
6) Ice Field PWY Kasper Ca.
7) Yosemite
8) Dragon's Tail
9) 50 Nevada
10) Grand Teton
11) Zion
12) Lake Tahoe
13) Nova Scotia (one time is enough)
14) Key West. Fla.
15)) Idaho loop, beautiful
16) Yellow Stone
17) Any where in Montana
18) Fall in Vt. NH stunning
19) Any where west of Kansas City

WORST........... Highway 2 in ND. dirty road, no good hotels nothing to see a waste of time.

·
Registered
983 Posts
US HWY 101 from Ventura all the way to Seattle. Many, many interesting and different things to see and do including San Fransisco and many cool small towns plus ALL variations of costal terrain and vegatation.
I've made that trip several times over the years, and without a doubt I'll be doing it again. It's a great ride...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hiway 20 in Washington State, the North Cascades Hiway, from one side of the Cascade Mountains to the other. That area is refered to as the North American Alps. Beautiful scenery, great curves and elevation changes make for an unforgetable riding experience.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
SD44 between the Missouri river and the Black Hills. God's country.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I've made that trip several times over the years, and without a doubt I'll be doing it again. It's a great ride...
Oops... just noticed a detail error in my original post braymond. I should have said...

Hwy 1 along the coast from Ventura to Northern California and THEN 101 on to Seattle.

Is that the way you prefer too?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lots of favorites:
US 7 from Harrison to Hot Springs, AR.
212 from Red Lodge, Mt over Bear Tooth Pass and continuing down Chief Joseph Hwy.
US 550 The Million Dollar Hwy in Co.
Utah 128 from Moab to I-70.
And on and on.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I don't mean the 11 mile stretch of the Dragon or that sort or ride, I mean long range like what our bikes are made for. I'm fortunate in that I live close to some very good if not best roads for bikers in my part of the world and have been on many of them.

I nominate the Skyline Drive -Blue Ridge Parkway -Cherohala Skyway continuum. It starts at Front Royal in Northern VA, passing through North Carolina, ending in Tellico Plains TN totaling over 600 miles of the nicest scenery and curvy roads on the East Coast.

+1 rode it a few times when I was stationed in Quantico.

·
Registered
816 Posts
US Rt 2 from Bangor Me to Burlington VT.
Then take 3 days to come home on the backroads. White and Green Mtns, Kanc, Mt Washington, Laconia/Winnpesaukee, Molly Stark highway, Lake Champlain, fantastic place to ride. We go out at least a couple times a year.

For us poor wretches that havent made it out West. Yet. :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
In no perticular Order.

I have ridden and really love the following roads.

US 100 and 100a in Vermont and NH
Kangamanga Highway- New Hampshire
Skyline Drive- Virginia
BPR- From Cherokee Reservation NC to VA
Cheohalla- TN
NC and TN part of the Snake.

Highways.

I-84 From Scranton PA to Newburgh NY
I-81 from PA to TN

So many roads so little time.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Without a doubt the Million Dollar Hwy. in Colorado, particularly the stretch from Silverton to Uray. The scenery is unbelievable, the road incredible! Its so much fun to ride they should charge addmision. So nice I had to ride it twice!

·
Registered
893 Posts
The Coronado Trail - Arizona
Hwy 12 - Utah

Talimena Scenic Drive - a National Scenic Byway in southeastern Oklahoma and extreme western Arkansas from Talihina, Oklahoma, to Mena, Arkansas.
Pam's Hatefull Hussy diner in Talihina is a great place for breakfast before starting the ride.

Plenty of others but they would be duplicates of what others have posted

·
Registered
333 Posts
Still looking for one that I like better than Beartooth Hwy. It is fun looking.

·
Registered
542 Posts
3) Black Hills
4) Sequoia
4) Rt. 66 east to west.
5) Rt. 66 west to east.
7) Yosemite
8) Dragon's Tail
9) 50 Nevada
10) Grand Teton
11) Zion
12) Lake Tahoe
14) Key West. Fla.
16) Yellow Stone
17) Any where in Montana

WORST........... Highway 2 in ND. dirty road, no good hotels nothing to see a waste of time.

Would that be 14A through Shell Falls ? That is an awesome road through there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
3) Black Hills
4) Sequoia
4) Rt. 66 east to west.
5) Rt. 66 west to east.
7) Yosemite
8) Dragon's Tail
9) 50 Nevada
10) Grand Teton
11) Zion
12) Lake Tahoe
14) Key West. Fla.
16) Yellow Stone
17) Any where in Montana

I believe it Hwy 16 f that runs from Buffalo thru Ten Sleep and then to Worland. My son and I rode this in 2008. This was one of my favorites as well.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am probably spoiled with the roads around here.
Teton Pass 100 miles from my house. Yellowstone Park 100 miles away. Bear tooth pass down Chief Joeseph Highway into Cody and back home a long day. I like to do it in two. Stanley, idaho to Kamiah and up the Lolo Pass down to Salmon, Idaho. Two to three days, four if I have time. We call that one the Idaho tour.
Wife and I head to Canada every summer. Try to do 2,000-4,000 miles. This year we did about 3,800.
Going through the Canadian Rockies is awesome.
Hwy 200 out of Missoula by Lake Pende Orielle (ponderay) And up the Priest River into into Washington up 20 to Canada. Stop in Nelson B.C. eat at the outdoor cafe and head to the Water Falls. Get on 6 up to Nakusp. Catch the free Ferry ride to Revelstoke. Run down Kamloops and up to Valemount over to Jasper through the Ice Field Parkway to Banff onto Radium Hot springs. Down into the USA to Libby over to Kalispell, Montana.....Bomb it on the interstate to home......ahhhhhhhhh how sweet it is.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts