Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 RG is at the dealer finishing out a stage 1 setup by adding V&H Dresser Duals, SERT, and a Dyno-tune to combine with my 4" Rinehart slip-ons and Arlen Ness Big Sucker stage 1 breather. I got the SERT because a cam in the future is a distinct possibility.

I've read several times that some dealers use a template approach to Dyno-tuning, and don't really do much to optimize the tune. What kind of HP and TQ numbers should I expect for a stage 1 setup and a pretty good Dyno-tune? The Dyno-tune itself will cost $350, which seems middle of the road based on other posts I've read here.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I am sure others more knowledgeable will pipe up, I have similiar setup, used dealer to tune. HP 72.96 to 79.23, torque 94.61 to 97.06..Difference felt around 3500 rpm. More power and torque in mid range. I suspect the dealers do exactly what you say, template approach vice really try to tune it. My total time on dyno was 1 hour 20 minutes. Once I commit to stage 2, am gonna see if I can find a real tuner in the area.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking I'd be pretty thrilled with 94-97 TQ :D

·
Banned
845 Posts
I have Vance and Hines Power duals w/ their monster rounds slip ons, SE Air Cleaner, SERT

My local dealer did the tune, don't have the sheet in front of me but end numbers were about 85hp and 95tq. Really happy with the set up and the way the bike runs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
967 Posts
10% hp and 5% tq average gains untill cam it. With a cam and good tunning mid to upper 90's hp and about 110 tq. Tq range depending on the cam. Many other post on that topic.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just got her back. Header install and tune performed by Chesapeake Harley Davidson in Darlington, MD.

Max HP: 76.48
Max Torque: 98.54

The torque graph measures 95 and above in the very usable range of 2500-4000 rpm's, and drops off to 90 at 4500, and 80 at 5000. Very nice improvement over stock throughout the entire range. The sound is exactly what I was looking for. Mild, deep rumble when just cruising, but with a twist of the wrist she barks and gets the hell out of there. Very pleased with the results. I'll post a scan of the dyno sheet in the dyno results forum.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chesapeake Harley has a very good reputation. One of the best dealers I've ever worked with.
Thanks. My experience with them has been all good so far. Good service goes a very long way for me. Treat me consistently well and give me solid tech advice, and I'm willing to pay a little extra and loyally support your business.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts