Road Glide banner

What kinda buffing machine do you use?

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  ChromeSpark 
#1 ·
At my recent 5000mile service the valeting guy at the dealership was using a little buffing machine with a soft wheel and he buffed out the couple of small boot-heel marks on a saddlebag lid. Like magic.

I've got a bigger version for my car, but it's way too much to put on a bike.

Any of you guys recommend similar small buffer/polisher? Or is there a Dremel attachment that will do this job - one that does NOT have a screw at the outer base that might contact the clear/paint, obviously.

Cheers

#3 · (Edited)
I have 2 a Flex and a Griots Garage G6. The GG I put a small backing plate on it on 4in pads. It works well enough set up that way. The Flex is a workhorse, swirl buster. It is forced rotation so it won't stop spinning, it is a DA. I use them to make money so they have to work and be reliable.
If you are going to use it just for your vehicles the GG will work fine.
If You get the GG order the backing plates for 4in pads and 1 for 5 1/2in pads.
You will also need a assortment of pads and polishes and microfibers.
The 3in GG is underpowered in my opinion. It will stall and that drives me crazy!

Ive had my eyes on the Rupes Ibrid for some time. Do a couple more vehicles and Ill get one

Reactions: kiwidave and RGKen
#9 ·
I just bought the Torx random orbital polisher that holds a 5” Pad. It’s super easy and the random orbital won’t let you put to much pressure on it or it stops, so great for inexperienced people just starting out. I have a black bike. Never did much for wax or repair on the paint, 30k+ miles, so lots of swirls, scuffs, and light scratches. I can’t believe how well this works. Bought the medium pad and swirl remover from chemical guys. And griots liquid wax. Biffed and polished it looks like it’s wet, and almost like new. Very few deep scratches are left. Amazing.

#17 ·
Doing my first time, this is working well

Reactions: Mike U
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.