Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What length bars can I go with without changing all my lines and cables?? I was told by some high milers' that taller bars would help with my neck problems that causes pain and numbness on long distance rides?? Its a 06 RG with factory bars ATM.:smile::smile:

·
Registered
93 Posts
What length bars can I go with without changing all my lines and cables?? I was told by some high milers' that taller bars would help with my neck problems that causes pain and numbness on long distance rides?? Its a 06 RG with factory bars ATM.:smile::smile:
I did 10'' on my 2016 Road Glide with all stock lines, and there are guys on hear that said they did 12'' with stock lines. As for helping with pain in the neck I could not tell you, but I sure find them much better than stock...

·
Registered
81 Posts
On my 2012 RGU, went with some Heritage style bars, cheap alternative to stock. Picked them up on Ebay, used information from several 'how to' posts on this site and installed them myself with nothing extra needed other than the bars. I found it helped with some numbness I had been experiencing on longer rides.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I went 12" on my 04 RG with stock lines and cables. It did help with the back issues I was having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I went with 12" Paul Yaffe Monkey bars, and there was not a need to change anything. The Yaffe's measure out closer to 14 imches. TBO I would go to the dealer and sit on some bikes with taller bars and see what feels right for you. As to will it help, hard to say. I was not having issues with the stock bars, but my wrist were always twisted on any ride. The taller bars are more comfortable and set me up in a more upright riding position.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
HD heritage style handlebars HD p/n 56902-08 They cost around $80 and you can use all the stock wires and cables. I put them on my 08 and I love them they are very comfortable IMO. Just my point of view but you should have handlebars that stay in the area where the fairing is useful and that keep your arms around or below heart level, if your hands are above your heart then you have circulation problems and your hand will go numb after riding for awhile. I just can't see the purpose of buying a bike with a fairing then putting on ape hangers that puts your hands way above the fairing where you don't get the protection of the fairing it's JMO but if you want to show off your armpits to everyone then why get a bike with a fairing. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts