Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked my transmission oil last night. ¾ qt low. Checked primary. It was right where it should be. Added the oil. Texted my salesman to let him know there prep was a joke. Just got in. Checked it again. Low again. This time when I loosened up the cover. Here come the oil. Mother fucker. No vent tube. Guess it's an early build. My trike has it. So I just texted him. See if I can drop it off tomorrow and make sure they have a rental for me. I want it done asap. Not when they get to me. We'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks to hear! Once you get that vent kit,that should fix it. I think the MoCo started installing those kits later half of the 19 model year
The Freewheeler has it and zero issues in 6400 miles. So I'll say that the vent is the fix.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear you have the dreaded oil transfer John.
That Sucks Bro!
Keep Us posted on how You make out.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know. My surgery is Friday. Want to ride as much as I can.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Sorry to hear John, I am sure they will make it right.

They put the vent tube in on my bike last week when it was in for service.

I just starting to show signs of transfer.

It's like a 2 hour deal, tell them you will have a free cup of coffee while they take care of it.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:frown:

If you can get a rental, ride the crap out of that bike!
Just talked to my salesman jhe ust told me if they dont have a rental he'll give me the 19 Billiard Blue 19 RGS to ride.

Sorry to hear John, I am sure they will make it right.

They put the vent tube in on my bike last week when it was in for service.

I just starting to show signs of transfer.

It's like a 2 hour deal, tell them you will have a free cup of coffee while they take care of it.
They're picking ut up Tuesday.

Here's another question. How can you tell if its sumping too? When I checked the oil last night it was 1.5 quarts low. I added 1 quart. I always run a half quart low. Now when I checked it today. I was 1 quart over.

Could that quart have been laying in the bottom end?

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Just talked to my salesman jhe ust told me if they dont have a rental he'll give me the 19 Billiard Blue 19 RGS to ride.

They're picking ut up Tuesday.

Here's another question. How can you tell if its sumping too? When I checked the oil last night it was 1.5 quarts low. I added 1 quart. I always run a half quart low. Now when I checked it today. I was 1 quart over.

Could that quart have been laying in the bottom end?
I don't know John. I have read several things on letting the bike Idle a minute after a ride before shutting down but I never do. I have never had an issue in over 2 years with m8's. The sumping issue is also associated with a loss of power also I have never had.

Have the dealer check it, the percentage is very low of those who actually have it.

Ride it like you stole it John, 2 years warranty.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I can't believe that they are letting new bikes leave the dealer without the vent tube. They know the problem exists and they have the fix. Incredible.
As in my line of work it is all about "Who is going to pay for this?", and "What are the proper policies and procedures to follow?"

If this is only a warranty item instead of a recall the dealer probably won't get paid to do the work without the bike already being assigned to an owner.

I wonder if the dealers still have to follow the "change the fluids and recheck after a thousand miles" protocol that was put in place when this first happened.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't believe that they are letting new bikes leave the dealer without the vent tube. They know the problem exists and they have the fix. Incredible.
Service kid asked how many miles on it when I called. Said 490. He said usually they have to level off the oils and then have me come back in 500 miles. I said nope. Its transferring. I want it fixed this time.
@madmat they're doing the check for the sumping while it's there.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Service kid asked how many miles on it when I called. Said 490. He said usually they have to level off the oils and then have me come back in 500 miles. I said nope. Its transferring. I want it fixed this time.

@madmat they're doing the check for the sumping while it's there.
Hey John glad You stood Your Ground on getting Your New Glide repaired.
On another note, let's get that 3 Wheeler Photo off Your signature and post up Your New Beauty. Just Saying LOL!!!
Mike U.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey John glad You stood Your Ground on getting Your New Glide repaired.
On another note, let's get that 3 Wheeler Photo off Your signature and post up Your New Beauty. Just Saying LOL!!!
Mike U.
I will. Need to do that on my computer. lol.

Doctor called Nd said to come in now the get the scan. So I may have time to ride it in myself. In the rain. But I want it done.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts