Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a lot of us I'm seeking advice about cams as I'm not a motor guy. You can see what I've got for a ride in my signature, pretty much stock 96". I ride 50-60% of the time 2up and will take 2-3 trips/yr pulling a trailer. (This year to SWIII and the CA PCH for two weeks...)

I believe it is TQ I'm after vs HP... In speaking with Frank he recommended the TM555TQ. I'm also awaiting the release of his own torque cam and its dyno numbers. I've seen others recommend the HD 204, Woods 222/555, S&S 570, Andrews 48 and the list goes on. I considered a 106 or 107 kit but don't want to go there just yet. Just looking to add a cam and exhaust upgrade. The exhaust I'm considering is Dragos SCS4 2:1. Due to the amount of 2up riding Frank steered me away from the Dragula due to the heat on passengers.

I also am trying to maintain somewhat decent MPGs... I get 38-42MPG typically and while pulling the trailer last year seen 31-35MPG.

If I just add a cam that gives me good TQ to about 4K RPM and upgrade my exhaust what numbers might I pull on a dyno once tuned? My current numbers are 73/89.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
listen to frank. Go with the 555tq cam or wait for his 96" specific cam.
Tman has a dyno sheet posted that shows a 2011 96" FL with just the 555 TQ cams and slip ons, stock everything else. It shows 94.79 Tq and 86.51 HP.
Stock is probably around 75-80 TQ and 65-75 HP.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have the 555tq cam in my 103. I have also installed several cams in my riding buddies bikes. For what you are wanting, if it were me, I'd install the SE 255 or the Andrews 48. Nothing hits hard right off the bottom like those 2 cams in a stock 96. Two up and pulling a trailer is exactly what those cams are designed for.

Just my .02c.

P

·
0 Posts
take a look @ the S&S .557,we`ve used them in trike & trailering builds with very good results,pull friggin tree stumps out!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
92HP----102TQ
This was a good day for tuning on this one we did.
Stock 96 2010 bagger
Dragula 2:1
Power Commander 5
Tman 555C cams
I tuned last year
6 gear pull on this sheet.

But most of the time when in 4TH and 5Th its makes 85/89 HP and 95/98Tq

But customer is happy.:D

Like a lot of us I'm seeking advice about cams as I'm not a motor guy. You can see what I've got for a ride in my signature, pretty much stock 96". I ride 50-60% of the time 2up and will take 2-3 trips/yr pulling a trailer. (This year to SWIII and the CA PCH for two weeks...)

I believe it is TQ I'm after vs HP... In speaking with Frank he recommended the TM555TQ. I'm also awaiting the release of his own torque cam and its dyno numbers. I've seen others recommend the HD 204, Woods 222/555, S&S 570, Andrews 48 and the list goes on. I considered a 106 or 107 kit but don't want to go there just yet. Just looking to add a cam and exhaust upgrade. The exhaust I'm considering is Dragos SCS4 2:1. Due to the amount of 2up riding Frank steered me away from the Dragula due to the heat on passengers.

I also am trying to maintain somewhat decent MPGs... I get 38-42MPG typically and while pulling the trailer last year seen 31-35MPG.

If I just add a cam that gives me good TQ to about 4K RPM and upgrade my exhaust what numbers might I pull on a dyno once tuned? My current numbers are 73/89.

Thanks for your input!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts