Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get a TON of feedback from customers and this is the place where you can read reviews from people who love their JRi Shocks for a myriad of reasons.

If you have used JRi Shocks we'd love to have you share your experience as well!

We also post reviews and pictures of customers rides on our website here: http://www.jrishocks.com/harley-shock-reviews/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
They stopped the pain in my lower back...

I bought a pair at the Dragon Tail and hooked up in the turns more than I can imagine. They also stopped the pain in my lower back when I bottomed out the stock POS shocks Harley puts on the Factory Road Glide Screaming Eagle. Now this Eagle flies with control around corners and over bumps without being noticed. I looked at Ohlin and I bought JRI. I would recommend them to any bike owner not matter the brand. Thank you Marcus McBain. - Lee

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My wife wasn't sure she wanted to ride anymore..

I have a ’09 CVO Road Glide and after the first few times riding it, my wife wasn’t sure if she wanted to ride anymore. After putting on JRi shocks for Harley, she was mad because I waited so long to install them. They were easy to put on, aesthetically pleasing to the eye and the ride…..is like no other. It really feels like another bike. I’m having to learn how to ride again because I have been riding what felt like a hard tail. I’m pretty hard to please to the point of selling this bike because of the ride. I would recommend to anyone, especially Harley to use these shocks. 5 stars! - Mark

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am a very satisfied customer

I am not writing this post to tell you about my racing accomplishments this past weekend. I am not even a member of a race team, professional or amateur. I don't have any medals or awards to show myself standing in victory lane. What I am though is a very satisfied Harley owner with a pair of JRi Adjustable Harley Shocks installed. I can tell you that I have had your shocks on my bike for 26K+ miles now and the last 1,800 miles were spent this last week riding everything from tight twisty back roads to long straight highways and everything in between and your shocks absorbed every bump, ripple and pot hole without missing a beat. My Street Glide has never ridden smoother than when I went to JRi Shocks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Worth Every Penny!

My Wife rides a 2004 Electra Glide Classic with the tour pac etc. intact and she impresses most when they see her small frame get off that big bagger, so she always draws attention wherever we go. And with over 60,000 miles on it, it doesn’t just sit in the garage. She used to have the OEM Harley Davidson 3/4″ Lowered air shocks on her bike with a narrow seat so she could get her feet on the ground and people are always coming over to her asking about her suspension and how she gets her feet on the ground with such a large bike. The funny thing was though, that she never really realized her bike had suspension until she put on your JRI 12″ single adjustable shocks. Not only could she get her feet on the ground even better than the Harley lowered shock, but she finally realized she had suspension! Now when we go over rough pavement or a large bump, I will ask her how did they do? Her response is… (with a huge smile on her face) what bump? The difference is truly day and night between the JRI shocks and the OEM Harley Shocks… If you ask her if the JRI shocks were worth the price, she will tell you EVERY PENNY! I’m going to be replacing my so called “Premium Ride” (not…) Hand-Adjustable Harley Davidson Touring Shocks on my 2010 HD Limited with JRI’s at Daytona Bike week in March. Are we fans? You bet! She recommends these shocks to everyone she meets. A huge 5 stars! BTW, customer service from JRI has also been outstanding. -Rich

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
I love the JRIs on my RGU. My butt thanks me every time I ride.
I go from riding Lymey with air ride to the RGU with JRIs and its a night & day difference. Well worth the $$$$!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Thank you TracyB :) We love hearing that and we're glad your backside feels a little better!

·
Registered
33 Posts
2015 roadglide cvo I have used ohlins on my ultra in the past. when I got this bike first thing I did was put harley 12" adjustables on that I had which are much better then the stock 13" air.I like the lower shock what are my options with jri and are ther forum discounts?thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2015 roadglide cvo I have used ohlins on my ultra in the past. when I got this bike first thing I did was put harley 12" adjustables on that I had which are much better then the stock 13" air.I like the lower shock what are my options with jri and are ther forum discounts?thanks
Depends on your weight and if/how often you carry a passenger. If you'd like to PM us info on weight and passenger weight and how often you ride 2 up vs single.

Most likely we'd recommend the 12" single adjustable with either a 23 or 25 nm spring.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"My Opinion Should Count For Something"

We were recently contacted by a guy we met at Sturgis a couple of years ago who wanted to touch base about his shocks.

Dan Johnson is a farrier (horse shoer) by trade and uses his Ultraglide as his primary mode of transportation between 4 different states where he takes care of some 300 head of horses. Dan carries with him all the tools of the trade including an anvil among other things and his Harley tips the scales at 1100lbs.

In 7 years Dan has put over 300,000 miles on 2 different Harley's, regularly rides in temperatures ranging from -15 to 80+ and has used JRi Shocks for the last 53,000 of those miles and swears there is nothing else that compares.

He was gracious enough to write out a testimonial to both share his story and provide some feedback on what he has experienced since switching to JRi Shocks and you can read his whole story here:

http://www.jrishocks.com/the-50000-mile-harley-shock/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A very satisfied dealer

A customer who purchased his JRi Harley Shocks through his local dealer recently wrote to tell us what his dealer had to say after installing 2 sets on his and his fathers machines.

"Both bikes are ready to go, work is all complete. I love those rear shocks, you did a good job with your research. We were always pushing the progressive rear shocks but now we will be pushing the JRi Shocks because they are much better"

If you ride on JRi Shocks we'd love to hear from you as well! You can post a review on our website here:

http://www.jrishocks.com/shop/harley...-harley-shock/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Compliant, comfortable ride...

"I installed them, left the spring preload as received, verified the sweep valve was 30 clicks out and took a ride. Unbelievable improvement but still just a tad “stiff” for solo. I’ve ended up with the setting at 25 clicks and man does it feel good. Compliant comfortable ride, still leans in good, chassis remains stable at higher speeds, no wallowing etc. So…you nailed it on set-up. I thought you might like to hear all of this."

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm thinking I need to make some adjustments to mine as they still feel really stiff. Don't get me wrong, they are better than the stock ones but I can still feel every bump as it comes back and hits right in the tail bone. I've left the spring tension where it was when I got them but maybe it's time to start playing with the sweep valve and see what that does..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"I installed them, left the spring preload as received, verified the sweep valve was 30 clicks out and took a ride. Unbelievable improvement but still just a tad “stiff” for solo. I’ve ended up with the setting at 25 clicks and man does it feel good. Compliant comfortable ride, still leans in good, chassis remains stable at higher speeds, no wallowing etc. So…you nailed it on set-up. I thought you might like to hear all of this."

TLar1540 give our motorcycle market manager Tige Daane a call or drop him an email when you get a free minute. It does sound like you need to make a few adjustments but he can help you fine tune it to make the ride even better. Where did you purchase them from and do you know what spring rate you have? 704-360-5863 or [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TLar1540 give our motorcycle market manager Tige Daane a call or drop him an email when you get a free minute. It does sound like you need to make a few adjustments but he can help you fine tune it to make the ride even better. Where did you purchase them from and do you know what spring rate you have? 704-360-5863 or [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I purchased them from Motorcycle Metal last year. Not real sure what the spring rating is that was installed. I thought I saved a copy of the build sheet I was asked to complete but I can't seem to find it.. I will send a message to him and see what he says.

Thanks,

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Spent the last few days chatting with Tige and he did a fantastic job of helping me with getting the shocks dialed in. They are now setup better then they ever were & the suspension feels so much better than it ever has.. If anyone has issues like I did, I would advise talking with Tige, he did a fantastic job in getting my issues resolved..
My wife & I did a 100 mile ride last night and we felt better than we ever had once we were done. I will be honest and say that I was looking for different shocks when I ran across this thread. After talking with Tige, taking measurements and giving him the weights of my wife & I, he got us dialed in.. We changed the spring tension and the damper settings and that made all the difference in the world.. Thanks for giving me Tige's contact info, he helped us out allot.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TLar1540 great to hear! Tige takes his time getting all the necessary info to get folks set up for the best possible performance. Glad to hear he helped you out and thank you for coming back and leaving some feedback!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts