Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between my wife and i we are about 450lbs. I did not get a manuel with the bike yet. I have no idea what the max pressure is. Right now i have it set at 40 but it seems it needs to be higher but i dont want to blow out any seals.
Thanks in advance..:)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ridin with 45lbs now and seems to be good, had to adjust it around a bit til we dialed it in, we are 350lbs 2 up, the manual says to be at 50lb, 45 seems to be working good with just 2 up and the basics in the tour pack and saddle bags.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Between my wife and i we are about 450lbs. I did not get a manuel with the bike yet. I have no idea what the max pressure is. Right now i have it set at 40 but it seems it needs to be higher but i dont want to blow out any seals.
Your question does no good if you don't provide info on what year bike. Recommended pressures have changed depending on year.

If the bike is used, how many miles on the bike? Rear air shocks don't last forever.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Your question does no good if you don't provide info on what year bike. Recommended pressures have changed depending on year.

If the bike is used, how many miles on the bike? Rear air shocks don't last forever.
+1. I used to ride with 20lbs on my 07 Road Glide. I ride with 32lbs on my 2010. When I first got my 2010 I didn't know about the difference in the shocks and the bike was delivered with 0 lbs. I added 20 lbs and the bike road like a truck on a dirt road. Once I made the proper adjustment it was like floating on air.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
On my 2006 I run 23-25 loaded about the same as you.

·
Administrator
10,477 Posts
somebody will korrect me but I think 09 is when the max was increased from 35# to 50#

I run 25 solo at 210# , and with her on the back that makes about 340# total and 45-50 is skosh

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SORRY .2011 ROAD GLIDE.:eek: UP TO 440 MILES ON HER. JUSTGOT IT 2WEEKS AGO.

·
Administrator
10,477 Posts
50# is max in the shocks

They recommmend in the manual , I think 45-50 if you are two up ..

Mebbe wrong ..

I add till I like the ride and leave it there

·
Registered
126 Posts
50 psi on a 2011 RGC. Yes, 50 is what the manual recommends for 2-up on the 2011's.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
shock psi

i ride 40 psi one up or 2 up, inc. full tour pak and 1/2 full saddles.

·
Registered
363 Posts
11 RGU Im 220 and run 40 psi Add 130 wife 50 psi

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hmm... Now you guys have me thinking. I ride a TRX mostly solo around town with some extra clothes in my bags. I didn't buy the pump yet, and I haven't checked the default pressure. The dealer said that they come set up for my type of riding. It seems stiff to me - at least as stiff as my old softail used to be. Maybe I should get the pump and play around with a lighter setting.

Mylo

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PUMP? whats wrong with the air compressor in my shed?:D
i will leave it set at 45 as i only ride 5 miles to work and we usually ride 2 up the rest of the time.
i wemt from a 1999 royal star 1300 with over 75k to this bike...this one is so more comfortable.

·
Registered
417 Posts
50psi?

Are you guys sure, 50 psi seams like your tire pressure. My 07RG rides great 14psi solo, 25psi 2up & loaded. If so whats the shock difference on 09 and up? I do bump my rear tire up 2 lbs when I 2up and load all her gear.

·
Administrator
10,477 Posts
yepp thru 08 all baggs were 35# max cept for FLHX with LP shocks at 50#

09 all bumped up to 50# maxx

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I really like the HD pump. Seems to be well-made. I found that my shocks had pretty much no air in them. I put 25psi at first and will adjust from there. I am a 300# rider, mostly solo.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts