Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very close to having my dyno tune done after my 107 and cam build. I have never dyno tuned before and wonder what questions to ask. I spoke with my local dealer and they want $400. A Indy about 30-miles away advertises $200. I've read that $300 is about normal cost wise.

I have a power commander V. Should I only use someone that uses the dynojet Dynometer for a proper tune or would any dyno machine be able to do the job? There is a Indy in Winchester, VA (Skips) that is an hour and a half away that has good reviews from people on here, but doesn't use the dynojet.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would find a tuner that is experienced and reputable. Make sure the tuner has familiarity with your type of build since your putting in an aftermarket cam. Also make sure the tuner is comfortable using the power commander software.

My personnal experience having the local hd dealership dyno tune with a aftermarket cam install....... Was one step away from being disastrous. I'm fortunate that I live less than two hours away from Jamie at Fuel Moto.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Easy rider is right, find someone that knows the PC 5 and will go thru all the tables for your AFR's. make shure they remove youe tip when they put in the sniffers as not to damage it. and a good tunner that does not just make hard pulls, then hand you a sheet and say ok your all done. Good luck and let us see the out come.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Something else ot keep in mind is timing. You can adjust your A/F ratio as much as you want but if you don't touch the timing you are not maximizing your build.

Also, as was said before, make sure they know how to do loaded runs, not just WOT.

Stephen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts