Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of FL-ViED-10's.

Bike is 2010 fltrx.

Exhaust will be Vance and Hines Big Shot true duals.

Air cleaner will be Arlen Ness Big Sucker stage 1.

I think I should set both at 75%. Sound right?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Mine was set at 75% originally and I had to back it down to 50%. Runs much better now without all the decel popping. I have V&H slash cut rounds, HD S/E A/C and S&S decatted head pipe.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. I emailed Nightrider and he just suggested I try 75%, but I like the "real world" reviews. Maybe I should just start off at 50%? Nailing it in one shot would be nice haha.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
My Vied's are installed behind the right side cover so if you need to adjust, it takes all of 3 minutes. Were do you plan to install?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just went through this exact same thing. I'm currently running Sampson slip-ons with the cat installed and the stock air cleaner, but plan on a SE Ventiliator in the near future. They recommended I try 75% for both set ups and tailor as needed. I'll put the XiED on tomorrow so I'll let you know how my 2011 RGC runs.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
I just went through this exact same thing. I'm currently running Sampson slip-ons with the cat installed and the stock air cleaner, but plan on a SE Ventiliator in the near future. They recommended I try 75% for both set ups and tailor as needed. I'll put the XiED on tomorrow so I'll let you know how my 2011 RGC runs.
I didn't think the xied was adjustable, only the Vied.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Okay, life and mother nature (rain) kind of got in the way of my original plans so I didn't get the ViED installed till yesterday and really didn't get a chance to give it a good road test till today. I set it to 75% as recommended. Set out on a ride with a couple buds with no particular destination. We're talking solely seat-of-the-pants differences here, no dynos or street races or anything.
Maybe I heard that throttle response was going to improve so much that I actually told myself it was going to be better...but you know, it does seem a little snappier. It seems like a quick blip of the throttle gets me more highway, quicker. May all be in my mind but I think there was some improvement in t-response.
Temperature...man, I really wish I had one of those temperature sensor guns because here is where I think the biggest difference was made. Normally after riding 30 minutes or so my right foot finds its way up to the highway peg, not because my leg is tightening up, but because the heat from the catalytic converter area becomes really uncomfortable. That area is now noticeably cooler, at least in the respect my foot/ankle no long feel like they're roasting. Of course that area is still hot but not ridiculously so. To me, big benefit here.
Gas mileage. Ever since I decided to go this route I've always been wondering what this thing was going to do to my gas mileage. I started with a full tank and we ran 163 miles fill-up to fill-up. It was a healthy mix of all kinds of driving...some country road, some interstate, some in-town. Overall I got 42.6 MPG. for the trip. I only checked MPG one other time and it was all interstate and I got 44.something. So in my mind gas mileage did not really take that big of a hit, if any.
So in my mind if it does nothing but make things cooler, it's well worth the $119 I paid for it. I'm happy with my purchase .

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ran mine at 50 percent with the stage 1 intake and SE slip on. I might try 75% once the VH install is done though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts