Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the 12" monkey bars and rerouted the clutch cable, but it hits a bolt head on the side of the fork. Does anyone know what size of cable I should get? Everything else came out great.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would like to hear this answer as well. And while we are on the subject of 12" OEM Monkey Bars are there any cheaper sources than going directly though PY? I have found the 10" in different places the best being $325 shipped, but what about the 12"? Thanks

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Check the past post

YOU can keep the stock, Did mine and still have the cables sitting in the box.
Cut the zip ties and run the whole thing between forks. Take the stock brake and twist it to the right, this will cause it to stay close to the handle bars and there will be no need for ties on bars. ENJOY

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you mean the down tubes on the frame. Mine runs in front of the cross brace and is zip tied. Did you cut the zip tie and run it behind the brace and if so don't you have to worry about it being to close to the exhaust?

Thank You

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I think you mean the down tubes on the frame. Mine runs in front of the cross brace and is zip tied. Did you cut the zip tie and run it behind the brace and if so don't you have to worry about it being to close to the exhaust?

Thank You
I've had mine ziptied to my frame on the engine side for 8,000 miles... no problems with the heat on the clutch cable at all.
Frodoe is right,.. cut the zip ties, reroute it behind the frame and behind the triple trees and you will have enough slack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts