Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had my seat recovered recently so decided to ride to work today even though it was 31 degrees.
so get out on the road and cant get the back rest to be comfortable. i keep reaching back trying to get it set better. finally pull over as i was getting pissed. dumb ass me put it in backwards so the pad was upside down :eek:

put it in right and enjoyed the ride. didnt even notice it was cold:smile:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
We'll blame it on not having enough coffee yet ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
It could have been worse..You could have paid the stealership to install it for you and it was done backwards.. I don't know how many times I've installed stuff myself then realized I made a mistake. But I love tinkering on the bike myself instead of paying someone else to do it. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
It could have been worse..You could have paid the stealership to install it for you and it was done backwards.. I don't know how many times I've installed stuff myself then realized I made a mistake. But I love tinkering on the bike myself instead of paying someone else to do it. Enjoy!!
Speaking of the stealership they installed my front tire backward one time, I guess they thought those arrows on the sidewall were for decoration.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Speaking of the stealership they installed my front tire backward one time, I guess they thought those arrows on the sidewall were for decoration.
There was a batch of Harley Dunlops that the arrow was stamped in the wrong direction so Dunlop sent out a memo telling them to install the tires backwards to the arrow. Not sure if this is what happened in your case but this was an issue a few years ago.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There was a batch of Harley Dunlops that the arrow was stamped in the wrong direction so Dunlop sent out a memo telling them to install the tires backwards to the arrow. Not sure if this is what happened in your case but this was an issue a few years ago.
Not what happened to mine, it was just a plain old screw up.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
I had reinstalled a cover one day, looked down and thought, well probably should’ve put the gasket on first, it happens.

Reactions: Buzzy

·
Registered
11 Posts
funny stuff...............just don't put your brake pads in backwards lol. worked at a shop once and someone brought in their truck for noise. stated it "just started making noise" after he put his front brakes on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts