Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the quick detach kit for my 2011 RG Ultra. There are three sets of wire bundles that get unclipped and just hang on the rear fender. I may try to tuck them under the seat but it's really tight in there.

What solutions have any of you guys figured out for these wires? Pictures?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just installed the quick detach kit for my 2011 RG Ultra. There are three sets of wire bundles that get unclipped and just hang on the rear fender. I may try to tuck them under the seat but it's really tight in there.

What solutions have any of you guys figured out for these wires? Pictures?

Thanks in advance.

I cut the harness an installed a connector next to the docking bracket . When I remove the tour pak I just unplug this connector and it tucks in behind the docking bracket. Cant see the connector unless you look close

·
Registered
761 Posts
I went with the hidden AM/FM and CB antennas in the front fairing, so that eliminated those cables. Cut and added a connector for the TP lights so that harness and the speaker pod connectors unplug, roll up and slide under my rider backrest mount. The passenger headset connection loops around and lays over the ECM. No problems so far. I did add speakers in the lowers so I'd still have plenty of sound with the TP off.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
First, I installed the Hidden antennas (AM/FM and CB) in the fairing.
This meant two less wires to worry about when dealing with the Tour Pak.
Next I moved the passenger headset plug to the side of the Docking hardware. (See second photo)
All you need a clip to secure to the front Docking bolt (HD #10036). Passenger still has Music.
(If you want to use the switch housing I used here is a part number, 77133-09. It will plug into the Lt speaker plug)
Next I took the four speaker wires to the right and used a Duetsch plug, like for the Accessory plug.
The left has the factory plug for the Tour Pak lights. Both tuck under the seat when not in use.
Clean and easy to add and remove the Tour Pak. Wires left tuck neatly under the seat.

Reactions: peterg13

·
Registered
51 Posts
There's an excellent thread on hdforum that goes into great detail with pictures on how to put the deutch connectors on the wires going to the tourpak so that the bulk of the wires stay with the tourpak instead of staying on the bike. Also include the BNC connector pictures if you want to keep the FM and CB antennas instead of going to the faring mounted ones if you prefer. http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/477270-how-to-make-your-tourpak-on-your-ultraclassic-quick-detachable.html.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There's an excellent thread on hdforum that goes into great detail with pictures on how to put the deutch connectors on the wires going to the tourpak so that the bulk of the wires stay with the tourpak instead of staying on the bike. Also include the BNC connector pictures if you want to keep the FM and CB antennas instead of going to the faring mounted ones if you prefer. How to make your tourpak on your UltraClassic Quick Detachable! - Harley Davidson Forums.

i know this an old thread, but i followed this guide and damned if it didnt work out great, simplifies disconnecting my 2013 FLTRU tour pack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts