Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've updated my YouTube channel with 4 motorcycling videos shot August 30 - September 1, 2012 at the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon & Zion National Parks.

These videos will provide you a good idea of what riding the southwest will be like during Shark Week III.

The videos are:
1. Motorcycle Ride to the Southwest
2. Motorcycle Ride to the Grand Canyon
3. Motorcycle Ride to Bryce Canyon
4. Motorcycle Ride to Zion National Park

I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed producing them. My YouTube channel is located at www.youtube.com/user/cruzinproductions

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Is it time yet??????

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Cool videos, Charley! Now, not to throw cold water on the party, but our ability to ride THROUGH all parts of Zion may be limited. It's my understanding that at the height or tourist season they limit road access and bus in visitors via shuttle.

[Edit] - to clarify, access to the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive (aka Floor of the Valley Road) is limited during the season. We should be able to ride Highway 9 all the way through Zion.

I notice your title says "....to Zion." How far into the park did you actually get? We are working to see if we can get an exception, some kind of permit to allow the group to access the Scenic Drive route, but no promises. We'll keep you advised.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Videos

Great videos HarleyChaley, they make me want to be there. Don't think I'll be making Shark Week III, but those parks are on my bucket list now. It's a bit of a ride from New England, but I'll make it some day.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool videos, Charley! Now, not to throw cold water on the party, but our ability to ride THROUGH all parts of Zion may be limited. It's my understanding that at the height or tourist season they limit road access and bus in visitors via shuttle.

[Edit] - to clarify, access to the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive (aka Floor of the Valley Road) is limited during the season. We should be able to ride Highway 9 all the way through Zion.

I notice your title says "....to Zion." How far into the park did you actually get? We are working to see if we can get an exception, some kind of permit to allow the group to access the Scenic Drive route, but no promises. We'll keep you advised.
Stray Mutt,

We rode all the way through the park from east to west on hwy 9 (Zion Park Scenic Byway). As you said, during the season, you must take a tour bus into the canyon (Zion Canyon Scenic Drive), unless you're a guest at the lodge.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
My expectations are somewhat low...

Show Up, meet folks, eat food, have fun.

Everything else, is Gravy!

ONG you forgot Drink Beer......

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts
Very nice job of giving everyone a preview of the riding - that's what it's all about! Wish I could attend but I'll have to live it through the pics and videos on here, until SW4.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts