Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of taking all of my stereo equipment out of my bike and selling it. Mainly because I prefer riding with ear buds in most of the time. My question is what to put into it's spot when i remove the stereo. A small compartment to store stuff with a closing door would be great.Google searching has been no luck for me so far.

Anybody have some idea's??

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
What year is your bike? Regardless, if you remove the stereo, you're gonna have a sizeable hole to fill in. Not sure there is anything pre made to fit it. Maybe take a look at a police Electra glide for a template......

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.. Forgot to mention it's a 2004. I'll swing down the dealer and check out the glove box option.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
If you upgraded the 04 sound system to a newer sound system you would be happier. I tried ear buds and they sucked compared to the actual sound system, but I don't wear a helmet most of the time and when I do wear a helmet it is just a 1/2 helmet.
Also having my ears open instead of plugged up with ear buds made it easier to hear traffic coming up from behind the bike even with the audio system turned up. JMO

The earlier model HD Standard models which is a batwing that came without a audio system came with a storage box in the radio opening, the storage box didn't have a door it was open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts