Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip in two months and was wondering what tools everyone packs.

I normally have the little tool combo that came with the bike and a HD tool wrap.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I have the Innovative Storage Solution Tool Pouches that fit in the dead space in the bottom of each saddlebag. They hold enough tools for anything you would be able to fix on the road. If you need more than they can carry the credit card will come into play.

I carry an assortment of wrenches, sockets, extensions torx bits, hex heads, screw driver, hammer, zip ties, and loctite. in a nutshell I want to be able to fix or adjust certain things on the road like the clutch or clutch cable replacement, and tighten bolts that rattle loose. I carry enough to be able to remove the exhaust and primary area. A Stop & Go tire plug kit is also a good thing to carry.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I carry a windzone tool kit and have added a few things the most important being gloves.
Also carry my progressive hand pump for the shocks I am not sure I ever needed it but it sure does get borrowed a lot.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I have the Innovative Storage Solution Tool Pouches that fit in the dead space in the bottom of each saddlebag. They hold enough tools for anything you would be able to fix on the road. If you need more than they can carry the credit card will come into play.

+1 on the Innovative pouches, hold a surprising amount of goodies. Agreed, if you can't fix it with what you can fit in the pouches, you likely can't fix it anyway. I'm as capable as anyone, but there's alot of things you just can't do on the side of the road these days.
We killed a stator on our last big trip, the secret to success was finding the closest dealer ASAP. I made it to their shop door, it wouldn't start when they went to run it in.

http://www.storagepouches.com/

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
WOW! I have never seen those pouches. Guess who just ordered some...Thanks for the link TD. I keep all my stuff now in a little box. The tool kit that came with the bike, allen wrenches, zip ties, electrical tape, a leatherman and some extra fuses. Other than that I pull up my shorts show some leg and get towed to a dealership...:D

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
WOW! I have never seen those pouches. Guess who just ordered some...Thanks for the link TD. I keep all my stuff now in a little box. The tool kit that came with the bike, allen wrenches, zip ties, electrical tape, a leatherman and some extra fuses....:D
Good idea, but $60 for empty pouches???
I think I may just need to sew my own.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I carry the HD tool kit that came with the bike when I bought it new and a set of Cruze Tools Road Tech Teardrop. http://cruztools.com/products/kitshd.html

There is not much we can fix on the side of the road on these bikes so a good multi tool and a few zip ties will work most of the time.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Mostly the same, plus 16ga cu wire in pouch and extra clips, anyhow if parts are needed We find the local wantabe bar, send the ol lady in to show her tits while I restock from the parking lot:D retreive with extra clip in hand

1 - 11 of 11 Posts