Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much the title says it all. I'm looking for a bag to strap to the rack that will hold the bulky gear that goes with camping or some of the longer road trips with the 2 of us. Most all of it isn't heavy, just bulky.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a Dakota Tbag for when the wife is with me that goes on tourpack. If i'm by myself I use a backseat tbag, and then I have a waterproof bag for the camping supplies that I strap on the tourpack.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
T-Bags Dakota Bag--(DCP $200) on top of a chopped tour pack, great bag.

Tough 1680d ballistic nylon with fade resistant UV treatment
Insulated with 1/2" closed cell foam plus PE board inserts that allow bag to hold its shape when empty
Side pockets zip off and become backpacks with padded shoulder straps
Large external organizer for maps, tire gages, hand held computers, etc.
Two insulated zip flat 1qt. water bottle holders accessible to your passenger
Well balanced carrying handle hidden in its own pocket
6 quick release security tie-down straps and 19 extra bungee tie-down points for added versatility
Attached bungee bottom rain cover.
Recommended for large H-D Tour Pak luggage rack (bag bottom measures 26" w x 12" d Dimensions: 11 1/2"h x 27"w x 12"d Capacity: 2.3 cu.ft. (including backpacks and external pocket)

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
FYI, I just learned that T-Bags is out of business as of April of this year. I was looking for the Daytona and could not find it anywhere. If you call the phone number on the website, you get Kuryakyn customer service!!

Im going with the Dakota model which I have borrowed from a friend before and works great for my needs and many people still have in stock.

Once the bags are gone they are gone.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do you have the premium tour pack rack or the air wing rack? Considering new luggage but I need it to fit the air wing style rack.
I have the Air Wing rack and use the bag noted in Post #2. It's just the right balance between size and keeping the weight down so that the bike isn't too top heavy. Very easy to attach and remove.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
FYI, I just learned that T-Bags is out of business as of April of this year.
That sucks! I really like my t-bags luggage

Here is the one I really like from t-bags if you can find it. T-Bags Space Saver Bag. This thing is really compact when empty and zips to a small piece that you can also carry as a backup if you need more room. Holds all of my camping gear except my bedroll.

I also use a Dekker roller sometimes, but it weighs 11lbs. Empty and I worry about the weight when loaded.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the t-bags dekker 2 picked it up on Amazon a few months ago for around $160. I will be getting the rick rack in a few weeks when they are at local rally I for one hate dealing with the damn straps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts