Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are you all running for speakers? and does any one have then install in the inter faring?

·
Registered
576 Posts
2 Polk audio DXi650's with adapters
2 Polk audio DB651's inner fairing pointing towards forks.

The DB651's are shallow enough that you don't have to cut the glove boxes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hertz High Energy 6 1/2" (HCX-165) is what my Bike guys use/sell (yes, even on their own bikes)...

Been in the Mobile Audio industry for 19 years, this is one of the most versitile, dynamic, and efficient speakers I've ever used or sold. I've pulled out some of the other brands that have the reputation of being the loudest or best sounding, and the Hertz will keep up with anything, and will spank most.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a factory representative, I also use them in my own vehicles.

However, in my own 11' RGC I'm going a big leap up the food chain... I'll be using the $840 "XL" components, the HSK-165XL in my fairing, and $540 HSK-690 (6"X9" in the Cyclesound lids).

All running of 2 WetSounds SynMicro Amps (the Marine Version of the ARC mini)

After Laconia, I will also be trying a New HERTZ amp, since I should be the first on the east coast with one and they are due to arrive while I'm up at the rally. The new HDP chassis 4-channel is tiny, and is rated at a legitimate 150w/rms per each of the 4 channels (That's 600w/rms of total power, or for you "peak guys" 1200-1500 peak watts)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Are the Hertz speakers marine rated?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Are the Hertz speakers marine rated?
nope, but neither are 95% of the other speakers commonly used on bikes.

Marine ratings are achieved by saltwater spray tests...

The High Energy series are have rubber surrounds and treated fiber cones, not paper, so they are water resistant and durable in bike installations.

In the last 2 years my bigger bike audio dealers have been using them, (I'd estimate 120+ pairs) I've never had to replace a set for water damage.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ques from NH

Hertz High Energy 6 1/2" (HCX-165) is what my Bike guys use/sell (yes, even on their own bikes)...

Been in the Mobile Audio industry for 19 years, this is one of the most versitile, dynamic, and efficient speakers I've ever used or sold. I've pulled out some of the other brands that have the reputation of being the loudest or best sounding, and the Hertz will keep up with anything, and will spank most.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a factory representative, I also use them in my own vehicles.

However, in my own 11' RGC I'm going a big leap up the food chain... I'll be using the $840 "XL" components, the HSK-165XL in my fairing, and $540 HSK-690 (6"X9" in the Cyclesound lids).

All running of 2 WetSounds SynMicro Amps (the Marine Version of the ARC mini)

After Laconia, I will also be trying a New HERTZ amp, since I should be the first on the east coast with one and they are due to arrive while I'm up at the rally. The new HDP chassis 4-channel is tiny, and is rated at a legitimate 150w/rms per each of the 4 channels (That's 600w/rms of total power, or for you "peak guys" 1200-1500 peak watts)
hey neighbor, looking to upgrade just my speakers and a small amp thats expandable for later, ur thoughts because so many of the other systems out there are so exspensive, maybe we can link up one day at laconia so i can ck out your sound thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
nope, but neither are 95% of the other speakers commonly used on bikes.

Marine ratings are achieved by saltwater spray tests...

The High Energy series are have rubber surrounds and treated fiber cones, not paper, so they are water resistant and durable in bike installations.

In the last 2 years my bigger bike audio dealers have been using them, (I'd estimate 120+ pairs) I've never had to replace a set for water damage.
It's good to hear that the Hertz speakers seem to be robustly built. I like my Polk speakers based on the price point. but in the future, if I decide to upgrade, I may consider the Hertz line. I have never heard the Hertz speakers, but I've heard good things about them....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Running the Kicker 5.25's and some Polk 6.5's, but thinking about going to J&M's 7.25's
They're not bad, because of the incrrease in surface area they are slightly louder.

I'd tell you to spend your money somewhere else.

Go to a local Hertz dealer and audition them, you will not be disappointed.

My dealer that sells Hertz has pulled out a bunch of them and replaced them with the Hertz HCX-165's with 6 1/2 adaptor rings. If you're sold on the J&M's I can set you up with my dealer to get you a lightly used set that he's removed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts