Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to know how many of you are using an amp different from the the usual suspects which are: Biketronics, Hawg Wired, Rockford Fosgate, Hog Tunes, J&M or Arc. If you are using a different amp how do you like it and why did you choose it? I've found several amps other than the usual suspects that look to be good choices for an install. I consider power rating, size, brand and of course price.

Scoots

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I needed alot of power and a great amp that wouldn't over heat.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I had a JL Audio XD400/4 and it fit in the fairing with a lot of mods. I'll be bag mounting a HDP4 like Torqu soon.

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
I'm using the Sound stream Nano. Good reviews , and it's a class D , so it runs cool. It only cost a around a bill too. The only bad thing about it is , the size. It's big. It does fit between the inside of the glove box and inner fairing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm putting a Focal FD4.350 in my 15 RGS. It fits upside down under the radio but now that I'm thinking about it , I may be able to mount it right side up to make adjustments and connections easier. Hmmm. I'll take pics and keep you all posted.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Rockford Power T400X4ad amp in fairing under Sony radio driving Ifinity speakers.

Getting custom made amp repaired that I was using in fairing and will install in tourpack to drive rear speakers when wife rides.

It will fit in radio tray the Rockford but takes some custom work to the tray.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm running 2 RF 300X4's with Hertz HSK-165XLs and RF T165. I went with those amps because they were the hot thing at the time. Also the 4-channel adds expansion for when I decide to install 4 6x9s in the lids.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hawg wired 6 pack and quite happy with it so far for value and sound

·
Registered
Charlotte 2017 RG Special
440 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Soundstream Nano here as well. Running 4 kappa 6.5's and I do love the system. Riding at 80 with modular helmet and the radio at a little over half volume works for me...

Fits easily under the fairing on the right side....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts