Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current favorite playlist has the following songs, and has basically been on repeat for the past month. I usually have Pandora set to Outlaw Country or the Joaquin Phoenix playlist

1. You Ask Me To, Drinkin and Dreamin, and Luckenback Texas by Waylon Jennings
2. Singing the Blues and El Paso City by Marty Robbins
3. What a Crying Shame and All That Heaven Will Allow, by The Mavericks

Then I switch it up from Country:

4.Forget Me Too and Nothing Inside by Machine Gun Kelly
5. Iron Moon and Black Mammoth by Fit For An Autopsy
6. Canvey by Reclaimer
7. Love and Other Drugs by The Comfort

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
873 Posts
My playlist is mostly music from the 80's and 70's. Poison, AC/DC, GNR, Motley Crue, Meatloaf, The Who, Dr. Hook, Aerosmith, ext are some of the bands I have full albums worth on my playlist. And after than my playlist goes all over the map with some country, from Johnny Horton to Carrie Underwood and everything in between. Some heavy metal, and some pop music. And some Punk Rock like this.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My playlist is mostly music from the 80's and 70's. Poison, AC/DC, GNR, Motley Crue, Meatloaf, The Who, Dr. Hook, Aerosmith, ext are some of the bands I have full albums worth on my playlist. And after than my playlist goes all over the map with some country, from Johnny Horton to Carrie Underwood and everything in between. Some heavy metal, and some pop music. And some Punk Rock like this.
Dr Hook!!! I use to listen to those actual albums back in the day. My mom have an awesome vinyl collection

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I created a two full CDs of Slipknot and Stone Sour songs. Getting hard to find software to burn correctly. I might have to upgrade the head unit so I can use a USB stick soon. I dont think I could use that for a reason to get a new bike from Lesley. A new head unit possibly- a new bike- probably not...

Mostly heavy stuff. The easy listening stuff I listen to while at work.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
My "riding list" is around 1700 selections, some albums. It covers a wide genre....

Reactions: jstucker1976

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Its a Pandora Channel I spent a Winter Building a few years ago and is like a "Classic Rock" Anthem Channel almost but it spans from Mid 60s English Rock to 70s NorCal rock to mid 70s Southern Rock to early 80s SoCal Rock

·
Registered
296 Posts
What a cool post!! I'm a musical nut. My wife & I just got back from a Bluegrass Festival!

I was a Crue head back in the late 80's and early 90's before Vince Neil stopped singing. Good to see that Motley Crue is still a thing.

Lately:
1. St. Paul and the Broken Bones
2. 7Horse.........I've specifically had these songs stuck in a loop lately:
  • Meth Lab Zoso Sticker (bad ass song that you will get stuck on too!)
  • Flying High with no ID
  • Low Fuel Drug Run
  • Mind of My Own
3. Junior Kimbrough
4. Kenny Chesney
5. Alabama.....classic country

·
Registered
19 Posts
For bad ass oldies go to pandora, art lebows tribute channel, it comes up as baby im for real, for metal I go to pandora five finger death punch radio, lots of disturbed/godsmack, a d the usual xm hair nation/turbo/octane/boneyard/willys roadhouse/y2k

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I don't carry music with me, there's too much of it that I like, its impossible to fit it on 1 device.

So I use Pandora. I have a ton of stations, but my two main ones are Grateful Dead+Allman Brothers seeds, and a station with a Phish seed. I have another station with a Porcupine Tree seed. I also listen to a Mark Knopfler seeded station.

A lot of the music I like just wouldnt work on a bike, either too quiet or not what I'm in the mood for on a bike. So I don't often listen to Artie Shaw, Dave Brubeck or Horowitz playing Rachmaninoff when I ride. :)

I listen to a sh1t ton of Billy Strings, Sam Bush, String Dusters, Kitchen Dwellers, Sierra Hull, but that music is difficult to hear on a bike with a stock stereo.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Spotify playlists:
  • Bob Seger Radio Channel
  • The Essential Ska
  • Essential Alternative
  • Casey's Irish Punk (my own playlist)
  • Grand Entrance (my own playlist)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I play in a cover band and we do lots of older stuff like Clapton, Skynyrd, Allman Bros, Petty, Stones, SRV, etc so I hear it a lot LOL. I'm 61 now and grew tired of the usual classic rock stuff long ago.

Started using Pandora and Spotify years ago. There is so much great music out there that's not the same old crap. Lots of these cats have been around but are not mainstream...check em out if you're interested in something different with a rock/blues flavor.

Gov't Mule (Warren Haynes)
Aynsley Lister
Blackberry Smoke
Davy Knowles
Tedeschi Trucks
Walter Trout
Eric Gales
Gary Clark Jr
Joe Bonamassa
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Marcus King
Mark Selby
Nick Moss
Tommy Castro
Ray Wiley Hubbard
Whiskey Myers

Reactions: Molo1

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I play in a cover band and we do lots of older stuff like Clapton, Skynyrd, Allman Bros, Petty, Stones, SRV, etc so I hear it a lot LOL. I'm 61 now and grew tired of the usual classic rock stuff long ago.

Started using Pandora and Spotify years ago. There is so much great music out there that's not the same old crap. Lots of these cats have been around but are not mainstream...check em out if you're interested in something different with a rock/blues flavor.

Gov't Mule (Warren Haynes)
Aynsley Lister
Blackberry Smoke
Davy Knowles
Tedeschi Trucks
Walter Trout
Eric Gales
Gary Clark Jr
Joe Bonamassa
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Marcus King
Mark Selby
Nick Moss
Tommy Castro
Ray Wiley Hubbard
Whiskey Myers
Will have to check out some of these, already familiar with Tedeschi Trucks (awesome), JB, Markus King, of course govt mule, KWS.

You should check out Taz Niederauer.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
my current playlist is Today's Country...songs like...

• Talking to God by Chrissy Metz
  • Slow Dance in a Parking Lot by Jordan Davis
  • Single Saturday Night by Cole Swindell
  • Summer Time by James Baker Band
  • Champagne Night by Lady A

got a lot of songs from Luke Combs, Thomas Rhett, & Kenny Chesney

Got about 2 hours in there....I rotate it as new songs come on...thank my 20 year old son for getting me into it...he blasts it and I always say "hey who sings this song"...lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
@HellInABucket I genuinely 'preciate your taste in music! You just turned me on to: Billy Strings, String Dusters, Kitchen Dwellers. Pretty cool music!

I like this thread a lot. Neat to hear some of this music that one might not ever hear if not for these kind of threads.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
@HellInABucket I genuinely 'preciate your taste in music! You just turned me on to: Billy Strings, String Dusters, Kitchen Dwellers. Pretty cool music!

I like this thread a lot. Neat to hear some of this music that one might not ever hear if not for these kind of threads.
Also check out Greensky Bluegrass! 😀

As you've probably discovered, just hit YouTube and search for Billy Strings, it's all amazing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts