Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've lowered the bike 2”, stock air shocks set at 35 lbs. I ride solo and on dips or bridge joints I'm rubbing the fender. So what is rubbing, is it a seam, the nut for the seat or is a flat spot that won't cut the tire. it didn't rub on my old tire but on the new one it does, obviously due to full tread, the old one was really wore

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
There is wiring on the inside of the fender so make sure you are not rubbing there.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Get down on the ground and look up inside the fender, if there's something rubbing it'll be shiny. check the tire and the belt for rub marks.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
There is wiring on the inside of the fender so make sure you are not rubbing there.
^ +1
If it isn't rubbing on the sidewall, it almost has to be rubbing the tube at top inside of the fender that houses the wires.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get down on the ground and look up inside the fender, if there's something rubbing it'll be shiny. check the tire and the belt for rub marks.
Not to be a smart ass but if I could've seen up there I wouldn't have asked.

I've got a small line dead center on the tread so I guess it is the wiring

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Almost guarantee its the seat bolt. Might need a shorter one. Ask me how I know...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost guarantee its the seat bolt. Might need a shorter one. Ask me how I know...
I'm going to take a stab in the dark, Experience and a new tire!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts